onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, Doha said:

Q) Theo 'the donkey' Robinson has 95% of the goal line open. Does he 

1) Hit it towards the open goal

2) Hit it at an easy height straight at the keeper who thankfully somehow fumbles it into the path of another Vale striker who is actually competent 

5Mb4UHf.png

Worst striker to play for vale. <ovf censored> useless 

Advert

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

How do you explain our 'goals for' column?

We've scored more than Newport and Bolton who are 6th and 7th in the league.

20 different players have scored for us this season. Oh and we have Guthrie as well...

Hope two rebounds and a bit of huffing and puffing don't allow people to forget 83 minutes of the most diabolical Port Vale football of my lifetime. Defensively Sunday League. Fewer passes than some U12 sides. 

I was absolutely incensed. Fair play to Swan and Hurst but that entire squad is an affront to our club. Release the lot in summer. Useless, useless frauds. Level it all and start again. I have absolutely zero affinity for any of them any more. 14 defeats in 23 is it? It's probably the worst spell in the club's history, considering the level of football.

Cheers for Vale for obliterating all my hope, then resuscitating it, so I still feel disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

...but its times like now when you do have to wonder if even he would have scrambled a win by persisting with what the players knew best... 

I don't see that he would? He got the push because he wasn't doing it with those same players - so absolutely nothing to suggest it would have changed. DC has come in...late, admittedly...and had to assess everyone, not only in training but on the pitch. I would hope, by now, that for the rest of the season, certain players will only be on the bench, at best, and the younger lads be given more chances to see if they are up to it? - young players at other clubs seem to? 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Hope two rebounds and a bit of huffing and puffing don't allow people to forget 83 minutes of the most diabolical Port Vale football of my lifetime.

I was absolutely incensed. Fair play to Swan and Hurst but that entire squad is an affront to our club. Release the lot in summer. Useless, useless frauds. 

Cheers for Vale for obliterating all my hope, then resuscitating it, so I still feel disappointed. 

You didn’t seriously expect us to equalise at 2-3 did you???? I’m starting to worry about you @Joe B

Don't let 2 late goals paper over what was an absolute disgrace of a performance from the whole team today. I would have every single on of them in training tomorrow and make them watch that again. Then keep running around the Bycars pitch until they drop. 

Too many of those players are going through the motions and don;t deserve to be a professional footballer.

There are some the worst players I have ever seen in Vale shirt. Can't wait for the summer they can all <ovf censored> off.

I know it’s all theoretical, but take away the terrible mistake for the first and maybe we wouldn’t have been saying it was so diabolical away at the league leaders, had we managed to stay in the game longer. But it’s all ifs and buts, we did make the mistake to gift them the lead and we had a mountain to climb. For me we are gifting teams too many easy goals, the other 2 goals had unmarked players queuing up to score. Throw in the fact we’ve been struggling to create and it’s a disaster. 

Saying Conlon has been crap all season is just ridiculous and over reacting because he made a mess of a free kick today. 

Shouldn't get fooled by the couple of consolation goals at the end. They were more Cheltenhams doing than our own. 

We are so slow paced when we try to pass the ball. Just completely static off in terms of any movement off the ball. And don't get me started on that complete stiff Guthrie, he is absolutely shocking. I can't see any justification in future to have him in the team over Swan.

Archived