onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

What’s done is done regarding Askey, no one can change it. He’s no longer the manager so let’s move on. By the time the season ends Clarke will have been in the job long enough. Clarke shouldn’t have a free ride this season, especially if we go down. However, I do agree that we should judge him properly next season. If we go down though, the writing will be on the wall unless we are top by October, let’s be honest. 

Advert

I’m convinced we won’t win another game. We’re an absolute horror show and there’s better Evostick outfits than us. I’d say the three below will only have to overtake us then that will be that for us. Who’d have thought all that good press we had in the summer would see us getting relegated. Best owner off the pitch but she will be the one who sees us go out the football league. You couldn’t make it up

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

Clarke will bollock them at half time and cause more friction and apathy.

Most of the players will be ringing the players association right now putting in complaints they are being shouted at and they have hurt feelings as the manager has shouted at them.  Some will also say they are being picked on by some of the senior players calling them rubbish and feel hard done by.

First goal wasn't a Brown Mills mix up. It was Brown's job to make the call as he can see what is infront of him. Either he called Mills to clear (which I'm pretty sure he didn't), OR Brown didn't make a call or just  ballsed it up; in which case it's Brown's error.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

You need to stop your day time drinking and read that thread again when your sober

"Yet everybody last night was saying what a top guy Brown was for speaking out & what a very honest assessment he came out with..."

You might take a look at the guff you've posted before accusing others of being a pisshead? As I said - not everybody was saying what a top guy Brown was - some of us said we didn't think it should be up to the GK to comment on recruitment policy!

7 minutes ago, TylerB said:

It's basically gone exactly as a I knew it would. A bit of huff and puff until we inevitably switch off or make a mistake, and then that's checkmate. Call me a defeatist. Negative. Numpty. I just call it being realistic. We're absolute dog <ovf censored> and unless a minor miracle happens, we're going down. We're also stuck with Clarke for a while whether we like it or not.

You’re a defeatist, negative numpty.

If it was end to end, missing chances, getting in good positions, showing promise, largely solid etc. then the results wouldn’t be as scary. But we can’t even have a shot on target and never set up a real chance, so how can we turn it around.

we need our better players back now

The other thing with their goals is I honestly don’t think that if it was us a. We would get anyone chasing down that loose ball between fullback and goalie
B. We don’t have anyone sharp enough or on their toes to get a shot away like that in the box

Archived