onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Totally agree with Popeys article in the sentinel today, too many of our big players have been unlucky with injuries this season. The managers recognises this and was talking about stats earlier this week so hopefully we get better at prevention and reoccurrence. So given that there’s not much else we can do with the team given the injuries we’ve got. Hopefully they go out and give everything and we get some luck. 

Challenge there is it means you have Mills at right back and Crookes at left back... 
We might score 1 but we would conceded a hell of a lot more.
Maybe but you can't pick and choose the games you win so you may as well try to win them all rather than pass up on the opportunity waiting for games against weaker teams.

Look at the games some of the teams below us have won recently. They haven't done it by going into games looking for draws against teams high up the league thinking we will wait until we play the teams in and around us. They have pulled off shock upsets.

Every game is winnable but only if you try to win them.

8 hours ago, For Us All said:

Crikey,we've got some defeatists here today.I hope the players have a more positive mindset.UTV

Comes with having the worst form in the league and looking very much like relegation candidates.

Let's see if your positive mindset brings us a couple of goals and a win today...

8 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Agree. Can I just remind everyone we’re playing Cheltenham Town.

Yes, Cheltenham Town.

A Cheltenham Town 22 points better than us right now, and the same Cheltenham Town than have conceded 20 goals less.

I'm sure they are reminding themselves right now in their changing room that they are only playing Port Vale this afternoon.

How did Mills make it back in the squad let alone starting 11. Guess we are going for a 1-0 win for us hopefully.  

This will be a game of hoof ball to the front for it to come straight back at us.  No shots on goal either.  Please Vale prove me and others wrong and comfortably win this game.

image.png.d4b7fb538b40f10963b038f01b901883.png

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

How did Mills make it back in the squad let alone starting 11. Guess we are going for a 1-0 win for us hopefully.  

This will be a game of hoof ball to the front for it to come straight back at us.  No shots on goal either.  Please Vale prove me and others wrong and comfortably win this game.

image.png.d4b7fb538b40f10963b038f01b901883.png

Bar Mills, we literally don't have any other fit fullbacks. Gibbons, Monty, and Fitzpatrick all out.

15 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Agree. Can I just remind everyone we’re playing Cheltenham Town.

Yes, Cheltenham Town.

People kept saying that about Cambridge. We’re almost bottom of the league, they’re top. They’re a far better side than us, doesn’t matter if they’re tinpot. 

33 minutes ago, blackdog said:

One for the older ones.....

"Well he would say that wouldn't he "

Mandy Rice Davies.

Now there's someone who was creative with the ball...s.....I'm told.

Good for morale if we can get something out of this game today.

Archived