onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

So if we are going play hoofball can you let me know before purchasing the game which undoubtedly I will probably do .

We haven't the players play hoofball so either bring in comfortable on the ball centre halfs from youth team who can run forwards with the ball and pass it on the ground to the midfield players or play a midfield player at the back and tell him he as to get us playing on the ground from the back ,because I cannot see the point on playing it  in the air when you have players who are smaller than me mum then we should progressively go up the field in my opinion and anyway in four games apart from out of play majority of the time the midfield gets missed out time after time then ends up having scrap off the forwards inability to hold the ball up because they can not play that way either so its bizarre that every game we thump it long when apart from Guthrie going through one on one last sat and the goalie saving and that was on the ground nothing are you reading this DC DP NOTHING is being obtained by playing the ball long and HIGH opposition players are loving it GET it on the floor and make them HATE. 

I'm Sure Jake Taylor Scott Burgess Tom Conlon and 3 foot five Hurst do not want receive the ball of Smith Crookes Smith Brown 3000 feet in the air so either find replacements or tell them pass the ball to feet as its absolute rubbish to watch ,I mean most of the time they take a touch and put it out of play ,your professional footballers what the <ovf censored> is that .

So pick footballers not Hoofers it doesn't work .

Proof no attempts on target in must win game the other day and One in home game versus a club who usually in past seasons we beat at home and generally finish above .

Get it down I expect see Cullen and Swann as your front two and Burgess back in 

Advert

4 hours ago, 1 said:

433 is the only way out. We have never looked like scoring in any other formation. We are now literally registering whole games without having a shot on target, how are we going to go from that to winning the necessary games?

No, no.

The players only know 4-3-3, so we should play something else.

3 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

They’re professional footballers if they can’t play more than one system it really is time to give up

What's the point in spending a year training 4-3-3 if they're going to play just as well in any other system?

That's exactly it! Where there is a (sometimes only slight) difference in the role they have to play within a particular formation, they must be aware of that before they go out on the pitch? If they then can't pass to a teammate, or don't know which position or zone they should be occupying they're maybe not very professional?

DC sounded more humble in his press conference today. He's had time to assess the squad now and, to be fair, we've been in all the four games that he's managed so far, they could all have gone our way if we'd had a bit more quality up front and if Guthrie, Rodders, Hurst and Smith had taken their decent chances when they had them. 

I'm still seething about Stevenage and the negative tactics. Hopefully those two points dropped won't cost us at the end of the season.

Hopefully we can be horrible and defensive tomorrow and get something from the game, then get a vital, confidence-boosting win on Tuesday at home to Oldham. 

I do like the way that he's given every player a chance in the first team in the first four games. Time to stop faffing about with it now and pick the strongest team, formation and tactics to give us the best chance to pick up points.

I know there's lots of injuries and lots of games but all the club's are in the same boat. He needs to arrest the slide and pick some points up. 

Anything tomorrow is a bonus but Tuesday is a must win to take the pressure off a bit. 

UTV! 

I am not convinced that any team in this league are not beatable and I do not want be reading about how good Cheltenham are i am sure they are decent being top ,however I for one could not  care less how good they are if we run harder than them ,win every ball what needs be won and finish our chances when they come along theres no reason why we cannot get a positive result tomorrow .

So prove me right get some confidence and win all the next 3 home games ,can they of course they can ,I hope there mentality is better than pre match Vale fans mentality of them who write in the sentinel there teams and score predictions  

We are not playing Real Madrid so let's not make out they  are ,this game is winnable as they all are it's there to be won so win it .

Try passing on the floor and moving it works wonders and have a team spirit that cannot be broken and if it is then fix it and come out as a one up for it for every supporter who has backed you with 

A Buying club Merchandise 

B season tickets or ten match tickets 

C All the money they spend on ifollow watching you home and away ,give them everything 

UTV 

Last four games have all been knife edge games which could of gone either way on the day surely one has to fall our way but a big task all be it I think Cheltenham are better away than at home. (One of their rare defeats was at VP).

We’ve had their number in recent meetings winning or drawing but being the better side, but this is an injury riddled side not high on confidence.

Going to have to defend well and hope we get a chance to nick something. Point would be ok ahead of three huge home games.

Was it just me that thought Swan had 'that spark' in his lone start?

Very quick and that innate intelligent movement. The service was abysmal so he was quiet, but I think he could be useful. He reminded me a bit of Alex Jones, who immediately stood out with clever runs and good positioning, and a bit of mobility.

Rodney, and I love him dearly, is in a bit of a slump at present, so maybe a move to the flanks may benefit him. Swan and Guthrie for me (Guthrie simply because he wins headers, and no one else can).

As people have said, if this squad is coached for 433, it might be worth sticking with it, just till we have 2-3 wins. Then start preparing for next season. 

My predictions for the day.

We will lose a tight game 1-0 where we defend admirably but offer little going forward against a team with an exceptional defensive record.

Our rivals will make points up on us as they have FAR easier games... at least one of Barrow, Grimsby or Southend will win.

People will lose their minds and completely ignore the fact that this is our tough run of fixtures and there are FAR better opportunities coming up for us the gain points on the bottom 3.

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

We will lose a tight game 1-0 where we defend admirably but offer little going forward against a team with an exceptional defensive record.

Our rivals will make points up on us as they have FAR easier games... at least one of Barrow, Grimsby or Southend will win.

People will lose their minds and completely ignore the fact that this is our tough run of fixtures and there are FAR better opportunities coming up for us the gain points on the bottom 3.

Dosent mean we should just write this game off. there is just as much chance of us getting something here as in any game. It’s league 2, sides are similar and these will attack us and possibly leave themselves more open than someone like barrow. Who i really don’t fancy us against as it will be a battle and I don’t fancy our players in a battle. If we lose (again) and others below close the gap further I fail to see how fans wouldn’t be increasing more concerned. 

12 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

People will lose their minds and completely ignore the fact that this is our tough run of fixtures and there are FAR better opportunities coming up for us the gain points on the bottom 

What are the far better opportunities IC ?.

We bored our way to a 0-0 against Stevenage. 

Out of the next 3 homes I see Newport as ' the easiest '.

Oldham are not to be under estimated, 4 th best away form in the division and well Bolton are flying. 

We've played Southend twice , must be honest I'm struggling to see these better opportunities. 

Archived