Jump to content

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale


Fosse69
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


4 hours ago, Conrad said:

We have 6 regular first team players out injured at the moment, if that happens if we had a squad of 18 we’d be stuffed.

You mix that 18 with young loan players who dont count towards the squad player cap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dantheman said:

What you in about? Smith had been moved to full back at that point. What about Rodney miss control...what about whiteheads half hearted challenge. If anything he’s more to blame than smithy. Lunacy

Frustrating that we have conceded again but the issue at the moment is not the defence it’s the 5/6 players in front of them who are incapable of creating anything to win a match. 

I am on about basic defending if he was moved to full back in a back four what was he doing in the middle on the edge of there penalty area when the move broke down i did see whitehead fall over but that is the  norm for him that is the problem we have to many below average players who cannot control a ball  and players who keep making the same mistakes all over the pitch every match we play. But saying that i am still confident that we will survive because there are at least 2 teams worse than us . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Not jumping on the bandwagon here mate.

I've said before, probably going back a good while.

Instead of 3 average Joes on 600 a week i'd love to see that marquee signing on 1800 a week. You get what you pay for most of the time.

It might unsettle the squad is one argument i've seen in the past. That would soon be put to bed when they are banging them in.

I've also seen counter arguments which are true that say Newport top scorer was on about 7. They share the goals around which is fair enough.

Money talks, i'd love to see a true League 2 top quality player willing to join. A Van Veen, Vaughan, Ajose, Doyle type.  And i know a couple of those haven't pulled up any trees because of injuries this season. But i'm sure you get my gist.

Last season Swindon had Doyle and Jerry Yates, Plymouth had Danny Mayor. Game changers . 

 

Exactly mate.

We go about our business in a totally amateurish fashion.  Hopefully Flitcroft is going to see that that changes now, time will tell.

I've actually got a bit of confidence that if we do scrape it this year (which is exactly what we will be doing if we stay up) that we're in good hands going forward.

Askey though?!  

I wanted him gone about three games before he went but I did feel some sympathy for the guy.

But when you hear the Matt story.

When you look at the striker situation out there.

When you see Whitehead and Fitzpatrick in Vale shirts.

When you see the fitness levels and injury upon injury.

The man has got a serious amount to answer for.

Totally inept.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


16 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Exactly mate.

We go about our business in a totally amateurish fashion.  Hopefully Flitcroft is going to see that that changes now, time will tell.

I've actually got a bit of confidence that if we do scrape it this year (which is exactly what we will be doing if we stay up) that we're in good hands going forward.

Askey though?!  

I wanted him gone about three games before he went but I did feel some sympathy for the guy.

But when you hear the Matt story.

When you look at the striker situation out there.

When you see Whitehead and Fitzpatrick in Vale shirts.

When you see the fitness levels and injury upon injury.

The man has got a serious amount to answer for.

Totally inept.

Askey is 1000% to blame for fitness to be an issue at this stage of the season is criminal. From what ive heard from the players the last couple of months of his time at vale was an absolute shambles which makes me question why he was left in charge so long because carol should of been aware of what was going on. Not all askeys faukt because we are talking about so called professional football players they should of been more professional but we all know in any line of work if a manager doesnt have a firm grip of things standards slip and people start taking the piss. 
 

we are in massive bother and I genuinely fear we are going down as the team whk is normally bottom of the form table at this stage of the season is normally the team that goes down

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will turn it around. Fairly certain. Last night’s effort was far far better than the Aspin low points when we played whole matches barely competing. Had that been a 0-0 most would say we deserved that. 

The problem is, despite effort we rarely look like scoring, so the best result we can ever hope for is a 0-0. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

We think we don’t score many 2 of them teams below us have scored half we have 😂

I Should have said best goal difference in the bottom five.  I hope it doesn't come to it, but that could be crucial come season's end!   However for the sake of my finger nails and receeding hairline I just hope we can bag a few more points soon to ease us away from this situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

The simplicity of the goal and other goals against us is the scary thing.

In the space of maybe 20 seconds we had that pathetic bit of play from Rodney, was it maybe 2 or 3 passes later the ball is in our net.

Scunthorpe away was another goal from nowhere.

It's got to the stage where i'm looking at remaining games of all 4 clubs. Never works out on paper as Southend have proved with a couple of shock away wins. Does anyone here fancy us for a shock away win ? Thought not.

MARCH FIXTURES

VALE .  Cheltenham A, Oldham H, Bolton H, Newport H, Colchester A ,Crawley A    6 GAMES

SOUTHEND.  Oldham A, Tranmere H, Stevenage H, Scunthorpe A, Walsall H, Harrogate A  6 GAMES

BARROW.  Mansfield H, Walsall A, Cheltenham A, Crawley H, Grimsby H, Stevenage A   6 GAMES

GRIMSBY. Forest Green H, Carlisle A, Colchester H, Tranmere H, Mansfield A, Barrow A, Walsall H   7 GAMES

Like i said means nothing on paper but some crucial games for all 4 teams including Barrow playing Grimsby. 

We have simply got to get 7 points minimum from our next 18. 

 

That is absolutely terrifying. The away games are dead game, 3 losses for sure because we're away.

The 3 home games - Bolton and Newport will beat us. So the only points we could possibly get are Oldham at home.

We're doomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


I also have a problem with DC, not a big gripe but I'm worried he's come in and rattled the cage, agreed it needed doing, but I can't help thinking that making it clear that a large number of the squad won't be here next season is counter productive, he's got to hope that the mentality of the players is one that says " I'll show you who deserves a contract"  

Some could have already been on to their agents and told them keep you eye open for an opportunity I'm out of here whatever happens could be the mantra, I pray that DC can get 100% out them, because if not..........................

Also Carol has got to make it clear their will be redundancies if we drop, peoples livelihoods are at stake here, I am seriously concerned about our future this time it seems so much is against us.

How the fixtures are falling.

Injuries to key players.

Lack of goal scoring opportunities.

Current form has us bottom of the league I think.

The last time I was this worried was when the tea service scandal was ongoing we nearly went then and this time has got me seriously rattled.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I also have a problem with DC, not a big gripe but I'm worried he's come in and rattled the cage, agreed it needed doing, but I can't help thinking that making it clear that a large number of the squad won't be here next season is counter productive, he's got to hope that the mentality of the players is one that says " I'll show you who deserves a contract"  

Some could have already been on to their agents and told them keep you eye open for an opportunity I'm out of here whatever happens could be the mantra, I pray that DC can get 100% out them, because if not..........................

Also Carol has got to make it clear their will be redundancies if we drop, peoples livelihoods are at stake here, I am seriously concerned about our future this time it seems so much is against us.

How the fixtures are falling.

Injuries to key players.

Lack of goal scoring opportunities.

Current form has us bottom of the league I think.

The last time I was this worried was when the tea service scandal was ongoing we nearly went then and this time has got me seriously rattled.

 

It's dire and we have not received the 'normal' new manager boost as we did with Danny Pugh (fortunately).

I.t makes me angry and disappointed. i've heard all the bulls*it many times before from the likes of Flitcroft and Clarke, the biggest of all being Smuthwaite. Sort it out. These people are being paid handsomly, we have x6 strikers on the payroll, might I suggest a conversation something like this:

 

"Ball, Goals - kick or head this f*cking thing in there, that is what we are paying you for!!!"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I also have a problem with DC, not a big gripe but I'm worried he's come in and rattled the cage

Let's hope we're only stunned or sleeping rather than pushing up the daises

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pete vale said:

It's dire and we have not received the 'normal' new manager boost as we did with Danny Pugh (fortunately).

I.t makes me angry and disappointed. i've heard all the bulls*it many times before from the likes of Flitcroft and Clarke, the biggest of all being Smuthwaite. Sort it out. These people are being paid handsomly, we have x6 strikers on the payroll, might I suggest a conversation something like this:

 

"Ball, Goals - kick or head this f*cking thing in there, that is what we are paying you for!!!"

I'm not anti DC or Flitcroft the games they have had have been tough, so maybe that's why no bounce, it seems every club bar Stevenage were scrapping for promotion points and in fairness it's not their fault they have inherited an unbalanced injury ridden squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m actually worried about our games against Grimsby and barrow. These will be dire games of football where it is essentially a scrap as DC says. However Id fancy both of those two in a scrap over our bunch of wasters. Personally feel we need to start getting some points against these sides that want to attack us and leave themselves more open. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


For me. It’s 100% not the fault of DC. Yes the football has been horrible so far however he’s been left this rubbish by askey and co. For me, Carol has to take a large amount of blame (I know I will get stick for this so tin hat at the ready). However we delayed far too long it getting rid of askey. It made sense to do so before the transfer window so the new manager could bring in his own players to fit his style. This could have been done. Instead we delayed and delayed and at one point even said we hadn’t bothered to start interviewing yet. We sign a load of what seems dross again in January and unsurprisingly our new manager dosent seem to rate them. Surely it was simple? Get a decent manager in and let HIM sign players, not players that askey had identified or Danny Pugh with his extremely unsuccessful loan signings in the past. The whole thing is a mess and I kind of agree with Carl on praise and grumble that maybe we’ve been persuaded into this DOF something that before flitcroft mentioned it, we had no intention of. 
 

If we go down, all parties are to blame. Askey for the truly atrocious lazy signings, DC as even with the mess left I would expect us to have just enough to survive (with the points gap). Carol (or colin whoever it is) for messing around in January with the appointment and leaving it far too late and of course our spineless players. I couldn’t care less if any of them left tomorrow. It’s strange being desperate to get back into vale park once we are allowed, yet not really wanting to at the same time. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

If we go down, all parties are to blame. Askey for the truly atrocious lazy signings, DC as even with the mess left I would expect us to have just enough to survive (with the points gap). Carol (or colin whoever it is) for messing around in January with the appointment and leaving it far too late and of course our spineless players. I couldn’t care less if any of them left tomorrow.

You forgot 'the fans'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

That is absolutely terrifying. The away games are dead game, 3 losses for sure because we're away.

The 3 home games - Bolton and Newport will beat us. So the only points we could possibly get are Oldham at home.

We're doomed.

Nice and positive if we realise that none of our players are good in the air bar Legge and pass it on the floor theres no reason why we cannot win some games but we will never win games if we do not show imagination, we do do something positive like try beat a man especially near the oppositions penalty area .

We have 14 games all winnable we have just played Cambridge and Salford where the difference between us and them is one moment each game where we have not done the basics ,let's hope in our next 14 games its the opposition who do not do the basics and we do not keep giving teams undeserved wins v us with our ineptitude not the oppositions great play there goal last night summed us up all season being caught with our pants down when we should have being the team scoring ,did Whitehead Crookes Smith and Brisley go sleep looked like it to me a goal you be ashamed concede playing sunday league 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here

    Please check with site staff if you wish to sell, auction or raffle any items on here. We are very happy to support good causes but do ask you to check with us first - Contact us here




×
×
  • Create New...