onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Other than Colchester (who got battered) but somehow won, a decent set of results. Shame about ours again. Very worried, just got to hope those below keep losing as well 

Thank God for the best goal difference in the bottom four!

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I know we have been left with a truly dire squad, however the loss tonight is on DC. Why would you start Robinson and Whitehead?!?!?!  Taylor sat on the bench, the two new loan signings not in the squad.... Im not a huge fan of Guthrie but he offers more than Robinson, especially when we just play hoof ball

Guthrie missed a sitter and cost us last game surely a manager has to give another striker a chance 

Rodney has done the same tonight only half a chance I admit but that’s 2 minute period was the difference tonight 

I want to give the manager the benefit of the doubt, this is only game number 4 for him but this is awful to watch.  We genuinely do not look like we are going to score a goal, 1 goal in 4 matches and apart from the odd chance, the worry is that we are not creating anything.  Our second half performances are absoutely awful.  I really can't see where our next win is going to come from and if we were to drop down, I genuinely fear for our football club.  I know Carol would not walk away but clubs bigger than us really struggle down there and taken so long to get back.

3 minutes ago, Mario said:
7 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:
I agree.this is worse than Askey!!

But the squad and ability are Askeys fault Pep would struggle with this lot

We were the better side in the first half but that second half was rubbish from both sides. Constant hoofball. 

Honestly thought we'd get pumped tonight so I'm not sure if we were alright, despite obviously being so toothless, or whether Salford were just pants or not really up for it because they knew one goal would be enough.

Just now, sunny boslem said:

Guthrie missed a sitter and cost us last game surely a manager has to give another striker a chance 

Rodney has done the same tonight only half a chance I admit but that’s 2 minute period was the difference tonight 

I just dont see what Robinson has ever offered. He was a carthorse in his first spell and equally as bad this time around. If we are playing this horrible hoofball like tonight then he has to start guthrie just so the ball can stick up there a bit. Understand swapping out Guthrie but then we cant just hoof it up. Whole thing is just a mess

It was a much tighter game that I imagined. We just can’t create chances,   It having said that, Salford hardly rained them down on our goal either.

Robinson had a decent first half but did nothing in the 2nd. But then can anyone think of a moment when our forwards did anything? Cullen was practically playing in centre mid and Guthrie...god knows what he was doing, all over the place. 

The only real positive is that DC seems to have forced our defence to play as a tighter unit. I do doubt his ability to turn us into an attacking force however. 

Huff and powder puff.... relying on Hurst to create chances showing again he's not good enough for this level.

Formation changed 4 times during the game mainly due to injuries to Monty and Gibbo but never looked like we would create anything in open play.  Nobody taking the responsibility to get the foot on the ball to try and create something. Very poor with the ball again.

Desperately missing Worrall & Amoo creativity and good decision making.

Only positive Theo looked hungry to do well... can't think of anything else.

We need our luck to change with injuries.

Archived