Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

1 minute ago, Santa said:

To make that system effective the wing backs have to be the best players on the pitch but we were putting square pegs in there from around the 10th minute.

It's gonna happen with Monty anyway. Gibbo, has he had time to recover or are we that desperate that we have no othe RB at Vale?

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

Clarke will be better with his own players that are hired specifically to play his way, in his preferred style and formation.

If he gets to the summer with league status then maybe we’ll see that.

We can but hope

Advert:

We need to win some at home.

it was a huge mistake setting up to draw with Stevenage, we should have set up to win rather than add another point while teams around were winning.

• Like 1

Saddlers fan in peace: have you seen enough of Clarke yet? If points were awarded for talk then you would be in the play-offs (and so would we!). It’s not just the chopping and changing, it’s the style of football that’s so boring. We are so glad you poached Clarke and, even better, you paid us compensation for someone we were going to sack anyway. I genuinely wish you good luck for the rest of this season and next.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

The last two away games should be interesting: Barrow and Grimsby. 🤔

Battling the mighty Barrow as underdogs.

my my my

Just now, Paul6754 said:

After selecting Robinson and Whitehead I don't want to hear any more excuses or putting the blame on someone else from Clarke.

There's a lot of truth in that Paul6754. Thought that when I saw the side.

It’s Robinson that <ovf censored> me off more than anyone else. He literally could not give a <ovf censored> if we get relegated this season and next if he can steal a wage sitting on his arse. 

As it stands DC isn't playing with a full deck, how much better would we be if Monty,Gibbo,Worrall and Pope could play it's the cheapest shot going knocking DC his brief is to keep us up, if we do stay up and we are in the same state next season then fair enough.

I know this is like shooting Bambi, but some of the blame lies at carols door for not acting immediatly when askey left DC should hvw been given the transfer window, the lads on a hiding to nowt.

• Like 2

Advert:

Just now, 1 said:

It’s Robinson that <ovf censored> me off more than anyone else. He literally could not give a <ovf censored> if we get relegated this season and next if he can steal a wage sitting on his arse. 

Yep, for me he's lazy. Be interesting to see if he was one of the reasons there were bust-ups in Oct/ Nov - there were!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mario said:

As it stands DC isn't playing with a full deck, how much better would we be if Monty,Gibbo,Worrall and Pope could play it's the cheapest shot going knocking DC his brief is to keep us up, if we do stay up and we are in the same state next season then fair enough.

I know this is like shooting Bambi, but some of the blame lies at carols door for not acting immediatly when askey left DC should hvw been given the transfer window, the lads on a hiding to nowt.

He is, but surely all new managers get some improvement initially, he hasn't, Pugh did thankfully!

Edited by pete vale
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 1 said:

Theo Robinson is an absolute disgrace.  If he's a professional footballer, ive got a 10 inch dick.

I never want to see him in a Vale shirt again.  Pathetic.

Edited by fuzzyvalefan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1