Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of these players are getting away with murder. If there was a crowd in every week by now they would be getting dogs abuse which quite  frankly they deserve, but as things are they just waltz off

I’m afraid Clarke hasn’t shown anything that makes me think he can get us out of this mess however much he talks

After selecting Robinson and Whitehead I don't want to hear any more excuses or Clarke putting the blame on someone else.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d prefer to see Rodney out wide (think he’s more dangerous there) or not as our main man up front, issue is until pope is fit I don’t think the others are good enough. 

Good point Cullen last scored first game of season in league who would have 29 games later not a goal very few appearances yet he has shown over past  seasons  (not this )that he can score .

Robinson has goals in him yet whenever I've seen him play apart from Salford at home funny enough when he come on as a substitute he was excellent on that occasion, he seemsnot at at it at all .

Swann you cannot judge on one half and a short cameo v Tranmere and a few mins v Cambridge so a unknown quantity. 

Guthrie first few games was impressed with his team play but as soon as he missed that chance Saturday he never really recovered from it yet I thought along with Rodney was excellent first 20  ,the game lasts for 90 mins though .

Rodney already told you what I think of his recent performances, he is better on the wings cutting in love it if he played a blinder though tomozillbe watching and I want my players ram my words down my throat I do not want to be proven right on lack of guts in I'd say 6 out of starting 11s .

We ain't 20th because we any good thats for sure.

Edited by Breadwinner

42 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I have to say, I do enjoy Clarke's press conferences. 

Me too tells you how it is and you can tell he ain't happy with some things  what Askey let the players get away with and I agree a footballer should be athletic and be able cover all blades of grass .

Like him you give the hell Clarke lad because we would if we had chance and there away end would be full of us tomozfor sure so goaaaaarrrnnn the Vale and Clarkey picking a winning team 

I think Clarke thought we would have won a game and be cruising with a more confident team by now. He seems to be lashing out a bit at the lack of quality, lob-sided squad depth and injuries. Not that he’s wrong at all, but he seems a little bit ruffled. Let’s settle the nerves tomorrow!

• Like 1

Brown

Monty

Legge

smith

Gibbo

Taylor

Burgess

Conlon

worrall (diamond)

Robinson

Rodney

don’t like it, but without Joyce or Pope what can you do

Advert:

Brown

Monty
Legge
smith
Gibbo

Taylor
Burgess
Conlon
worrall (diamond)

Robinson
Rodney

don’t like it, but without Joyce or Pope what can you do

Don’t think Worrall will be fit

In his time here he’s going to ruffle a lot of feathers, which is far better than being disrespected and taken for a mug. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doha said:

1:10...he is a bit standoffish isn't he?

Fair and play. I wouldn’t want my contract discussed in public.  Specially in football where they are so different from the bloke doing the same job as you. 

Speaks very well. Answerers are measured. Talk is cheap with anyone linked to vale though as we all know too well throughout the years. 

TBH I’ve had enough of hearing about Legges contract situation too, I like that he isn’t going to entertain certain questions because there’s no way he should come out and discuss it in public. 

• Like 2

Advert:

The more I think about tonight and all the games to go the more I think that Clarke is right about wanting centre halfs who can pass the ball in the team and players who are comfortable on the ball.

Fitzpatrick is good on the ball better than Crookes at passing for sure .

We would usually be crying out for Montano start at left back because he gives us positivity and let's face on his day he is unstoppable but sometimes defensively he gets found out but when he plays there we seem to be better at going forwards if you know what I mean bit like Gibbons at right back when on top of his game .

So Clarke has to at some point try get the team scoring. 

That in itself would be something but they are capable let's hope tonight at Salford we do what we did to Bolton ,Oyeleke must get minutes I'd start him and hopefully he as a good 45 then he can go off after opening Salford up enough times to secure the points .

Whoevers chosen will have to get in there faces do not give any of there better players time and space ,Henderson a good one Towell has a shot on him and likes to shoot from distance ,and James Wilson plays for them and anyway it ain't about time we hit a wonder goal in maybe Burgess will get the winner with a howitzer certainly hope so although be nice if we get a early goal and then all the team gets confidence from it .

Big game winnable of course it is its 11 v 11 unlike Birchall going on like we were playing Bayern Munich the other day, them Cambridge top on whatever amount of points were on the day only slightly better than us against,according to most of our support ,worst Vale side ever ,I've seen worst trust me , ,well that gives me hope and I'm holding on to it that come 21.00 hrs tonight 3 points will be ours 

COME ON VALE prove me right 

14 hours ago, connor hackett said:
14 hours ago, valeparklife said:
I have to say, I do enjoy Clarke's press conferences. 

Just had a listen to the latest, much more enjoyable than what was served up under Aspin and Askey.

Breath of fresh air he is.

To think we've listened to Bruno, Michael Brown, Neil Aspin and John Askey.

I think some personality has been a long time coming.

• Like 1

If we can just get over the line this season, I'm excited by what he could do for us.

If we don’t I’d happily have him to try and bring us back to the EFL, did it with Rovers and pushed on. Let’s hope we don’t get knocked back a few years though by going down.

Advert:

1 hour ago, eh up nah said:

Breath of fresh air he is.

To think we've listened to Bruno, Michael Brown, Neil Aspin and John Askey.

I think some personality has been a long time coming.

I enjoyed listening to Bruno

The jury is out with me ,as sick of all the "talk the talk" at Port Vale,since Micky Adams left.About time we had"Walk the Walk" Good luck to the lad,as he will need it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1