Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

4 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Clarke is apparently renowned for chopping and changing. It never works. I'm worried 5 games in. Original thoughts were he was full of sh*t. I do hope he proves me wrong.

Trust your gut instinct, he’s sh!te !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert:

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of these players are getting away with murder. If there was a crowd in every week by now they would be getting dogs abuse which quite  frankly they deserve, but as things are they just waltz off

I’m afraid Clarke hasn’t shown anything that makes me think he can get us out of this mess however much he talks

After selecting Robinson and Whitehead I don't want to hear any more excuses or Clarke putting the blame on someone else.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

It’s proved to be total madness that Clarke and Flitcroft were appointed in February, after the January transfer window, after Askey was sacked in the first week of January. All the loan signings were a complete waste of time and does Clarke rate Taylor?

I was saying this and people were telling me it was the right and only way. If we go down it’s because the players were <ovf censored>, we never improved and then took the same players to our doom.

the same as the last time we got <ovf censored> relegated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

This time next season we'll probably be looking for a new manager. Shrewd move by Flitcroft to pìss off upstairs out the way.

He'll be busy in the summer. He's got a whole new squad to build. Or is that Clarke's job?

We are bottom of the league based on the last 5 games, similar to form in November. if this continues games 42-46 will be painful. Desperate times at Port Vale. You normally get a win as a new manager not end up bottom of the league! It's sh*t and they need telling - by us!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Free fall? It’s not looking anymore positive.... absolutely zero cutting edge again...

We are playing for a draw and hoping to score  via a deflection off the corner flag . Thought the corner flag had a good game, plenty of movement.

Edited by The man in the pub
spelling

Taylor looks to be iced, which is crazy to me. <ovf censored> Whitehead starting instead of him and Burgess. So what Clarke is saying there is we have Joyce as the anchor, Whiteheas you go out and be an attacking talisman. <ovf censored> me pink.

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

I’m still waiting for the New Manager bounce

Ironically Clarke ended that back in January when his Walsall side beat us

1 minute ago, Wrex said:

He'll be busy in the summer. He's got a whole new squad to build. Or is that Clarke's job?

"Fu*kin DOF". unbelieveable if not so tragic. Flitcroft should have been manager, then review moving upstairs when stable. Bad news all this folks - and expensive...

• Like 2

Advert:

Does anyone genuinely think we'll stay up?

3 wins in 22.

14 games to go.

If current form continues we'll win 2 out of those 14.

It's non league next season. I can't see anything else right now.

We have to go AWAY to Barrow and Grimsby too, anyone confident of beating them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pete vale said:

"Fu*kin DOF". unbelieveable if not so tragic. Flitcroft should have been manager, then review moving upstairs when stable. Bad news all this folks - and expensive...

Oh well, Carol's money. Just hope Flitcroft can get a decent squad of players together in the summer. Ain't loving his choice of manager so far I have to say.

1 minute ago, pete vale said:

That’s a good idea tbf, hire Flitters to get us through and stay up, then he moves to DOF and hires at the start of the summer. Hindsight

Watching that was a shambles. We were better under Danny Pugh and arguably much better under Askey. One goal since the new era of management structure has arrived - it don’t look good. 
Hope no fan, player, media person or club official says “I feel sorry for the owners” appointments lie with the people that appoint...where are we going to end up? Feel sorry that I paid and sat at home watching that dire mess. 

10 minutes ago, dantheman said:

All went a bit Pete tongue when we lost monty and gibbo as wing backs. 

To make that system effective the wing backs have to be the best players on the pitch but we were putting square pegs in there from around the 10th minute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

The ghost of Askey haunts us.. DC dabbles and chops and changes players formations etc I have said repeatedly we should play to our strengths the best players with the formation they know to get points. That is what we need right now POINTS. First result Paul Hurst will look for is ours . Stop the experimenting now and lets get results time running down.

• Like 1

Just now, Wrex said:

Oh well, Carol's money. Just hope Flitcroft can get a decent squad of players together in the summer. Ain't loving his choice of manager so far I have to say.

I'm sceptical, was when I heard all the flag waving hoorah bulls*it interviews. I'm not sure if it's just me and i've been supporting Vale for so long, I expect cr*p. But my gut told me there was a lot of talk and bluster, promises, not any mention that we are garbage and what we were going to do about it NOW instead of blaming the previous manager. Do they think carol is a fool and/ or us. They'll be in for a shock.

• Like 2

Clarke will be better with his own players that are hired specifically to play his way, in his preferred style and formation.

If he gets to the summer with league status then maybe we’ll see that.

• Like 3