Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, 1 said:

Crookes is actually playing well.

we had the best chance from Hurst’s pullback apart from the goal.

they look dodgy passers at the back, and slow.

but we have no width, can’t keep the ball, no quality. <ovf censored> whitehead is <ovf censored> <ovf censored>.

Two crocked defenders.

<ovf censored> Robinson, can you kick the ball at some stage please?

Robinson, f*ck me. Needs a kick up the jacksy!

Just now, Bycarsbill said:

What is it about Gibbo and Monty that stops them playing more than a few minutes without getting injured? Those two going off has totally tilted the balance of the team!

Add to

Manny Cullen and Amoo 

It's an absolute joke 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t think we’ve played as well as some people think personally, but not been bad at all. We just can’t keep the ball and are creating very little. Rodney has been very off for me the last two games, summarised by his cock up when he failed to even get a shot away just before their goal. Then some rank defending for their goal. Sadly we all know that’s that and no points are coming from this game.

Edited by Powerline

Feels a bit harsh to be a goal down but the issue is that we haven’t really threatened much in the 1st half.  

Difficult to change things, with 2 enforced changes already.  Still a chance to regroup at half time and reorganise.  

need to make use of any set pieces we get in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

We look livelier than we have in a while but the goal has ruined any feel good factor. The injuries have to be something to do with our conditioning and perhaps things like our old heavy clay home pitch taking their toll. 

Thank god this is a sky bet freebie for me because I doubt the 2nd half will bring much joy. 

Robinson looked a little better, had a few nice touches etc, but it does not matter who we have up front, we can’t get the ball anywhere near. 

Not having the pitch as an excuse mate 

Doesn't affect Smith, Rodney, Conlon and others .

It's literally the same sick notes constantly injured 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Get that donkey off up top. He shouldn’t have been given another chance. Put Guthrie on if we’re playing hoofball again. Played ok but you can’t make errors like that 

Guthrie on, if the ball sticks against these we might have half a chance at a shot in target 

How the actual <ovf censored> have these conceded least in the league. We could pull 20 people off here and finish mid table in this tinpot basement league and we’re not even good enough to stay in it. Shambles

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We look livelier than we have in a while but the goal has ruined any feel good factor. The injuries have to be something to do with our conditioning and perhaps things like our old heavy clay home pitch taking their toll. 

Thank god this is a sky bet freebie for me because I doubt the 2nd half will bring much joy. 

Robinson looked a little better, had a few nice touches etc, but it does not matter who we have up front, we can’t get the ball anywhere near. 

Mate I’m not botheread about spending a tenner watch my team win or lose 

it’s like some of u like rubbing it in cause u ain’t paid  

get a grip 

Heart breaking to watch.

We have played well against a team that haven’t lost at home. 

2 injuries meaning we are basically playing half a reserve side at this point.

Forced to go to 4 at the back with 4 centre halves across the back... confusion reigned.

Very unlucky.

We won’t get anything from here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Sorry, but Carol left it too late to sack Askey. He should have gone at least a month before he did which would have given the new manager 7 or 8 games with a less injury hit squad to choose from to build some confidence.

image.jpeg

Edited by Quebec_Valiant

Rodneys first touch is genuinely shocking never seen a ball bounce off a player as much as it does with him. He seriously needs to improve in that area because its not good enough so be only affective when given the time to take 2-3 touches to get control of the ball

We closed them down well but virtually no quality, virtually zero threat in attack and how was their striker able to run in to the box and head in from close range with not one of the 3 defenders in the box getting anywhere near him?

So far DCs weird team selection is not working. 

• Like 1