onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

My point is we've won 3 in 22. What makes people think we're going to suddenly win 4 out of the last 14 or so?

What makes you think that 3 worse teams than us will somehow and suddenly get the points to overtake us?

Advert

20 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Does devante have the most potential and had the better season most definitely my point is we are desperate for a win. We need someone who can pinch a goal and the way we are playing we are only going score a scrappy goal. Someone like cullen yes not been great but hes got a scrappy goal in him following in at the back post from a rebound however it comes he has the experience to be in the right place at the right time. I dont think devante has that in him and we desperately need that goal thats why i would drop him . And then bring him on for the last 20 on the wing and let him cause havoc he has offered very little in the last few games

We'll take a scrappy goal off anyone right now that's for sure.  We're not creating many chances so for me the only player who can create a goal out of nothing is Rodney and for that reason he'd be in my starting 11.  Cullen has shown nothing.  Perhaps with our set pieces the other night he could've nicked something from a knockdown but he doesn't look sharp enough.  Probably needs a run of games but unless he comes in and plays well he'll be rotated by Clarke.

For me there are too many excuses been thrown out by the club... injuries, just not dropping for us, better quality in the final 3rd, giving the effort blah blah blah

Fact is we keep conceding, players are not working hard enough defensively to block crosses, to pick up men on attacking throw ins, to get out on the 25-30 yard mark to close down more quickly, stop teams playing

We are utterly deluded at the moment, not enough all over the pitch! Never mind the final 3rd....

But let’s talk about the final 3rd... what has Guthrie and Robinson offered, they are both atrocious, they are strikers for gods sake - be brave and have a bloody shot! Not one is taking accountability in the side, have a pop boys!!! And the anticipation on the 2nd and 3rd ball, playing on the oppositions 1st touch....

We are miles off and all I see is the team crawling deeper and deeper into their shell! It’s blindingly obvious, I really do wonder when they do the analysis what they are picking up on????

Non league here we come... I don’t see that Clarke has made any difference at this stage, other than to give those who ‘were’ out of the picture another chance.... if anything we are more in the shell now than we were before... at least we looked like scoring (of sorts) I honestly cannot see where is goal is going to come from

If you don’t shoot boys, you ain’t going to score and you certainly ain’t going to win!

Very disappointed

3 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Where is carol couldn't keep her out the media earlier in the season..

What exactly do you want her to say? We finally have a professional owner and people like you want to turn our club into a circus again. If Smurf was still here I'm sure he'd give you what you want with his tweets.

10 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Where is carol couldn't keep her out the media earlier in the season..

Where is Flitcroft more like. Is that it for him giving interview now? He'll probably pop up if we go on a run. 

Is it possible that keeping the ball on the pitch instead of in the air may be the answer?I am getting a stiff neck watching hoofball,even when watching it on TV.After most of the last decade with this alehouse crap what about a change?Just a thought.

8 hours ago, 1 said:

Where is Flitcroft more like. Is that it for him giving interview now? He'll probably pop up if we go on a run. 

Exactly, they all had plenty to say not so long ago. It's time the fans had theirs and i'm sure it won't be to their liking.

Is it possible that keeping the ball on the pitch instead of in the air may be the answer?I am getting a stiff neck watching hoofball,even when watching it on TV.After most of the last decade with this alehouse crap what about a change?Just a thought.

I’m going to have to get a bigger tele if we continue to keep launching high balls- Mo’s of the time the ball was above the screen!

12 hours ago, fraggle said:

For me there are too many excuses been thrown out by the club... injuries, just not dropping for us, better quality in the final 3rd, giving the effort blah blah blah

Fact is we keep conceding, players are not working hard enough defensively to block crosses, to pick up men on attacking throw ins, to get out on the 25-30 yard mark to close down more quickly, stop teams playing

We are utterly deluded at the moment, not enough all over the pitch! Never mind the final 3rd....

But let’s talk about the final 3rd... what has Guthrie and Robinson offered, they are both atrocious, they are strikers for gods sake - be brave and have a bloody shot! Not one is taking accountability in the side, have a pop boys!!! And the anticipation on the 2nd and 3rd ball, playing on the oppositions 1st touch....

We are miles off and all I see is the team crawling deeper and deeper into their shell! It’s blindingly obvious, I really do wonder when they do the analysis what they are picking up on????

Non league here we come... I don’t see that Clarke has made any difference at this stage, other than to give those who ‘were’ out of the picture another chance.... if anything we are more in the shell now than we were before... at least we looked like scoring (of sorts) I honestly cannot see where is goal is going to come from

If you don’t shoot boys, you ain’t going to score and you certainly ain’t going to win!

Very disappointed

Very disappointed is being kind. I'm f*cking disgusted, you look at players like Robinson and wonder if they realise how fortunate they are to be a professional footballer. An absolute disgrace, the person who gave him 2yrs should never work in the game again. Guthrie, not good enough. How many more players from Phil Sproson's stable are we going to give a leg up? Jake Taylor was great last season, what has happened to him, I bet he's shocked on returning.?

The worst are the ones constantly injured, young men in their 20's with "this strain, that strain", f*ck me, I'd run through brick walls to play and did (so to speak). Then we have at least 7/8 I'd class as fodder, making up the numbers, not even decent non-league standard, lets see where they turn up next, Kidsgrove?

All the fall-outs, losing Legge, Pope and Worrall, even Amoo, leaves us bare. We have nothing, Tom won't save us this time, maybe Rodney will score a few important goals. Hurst looks a prospect but thats it.

To see such a mess hurts, to hear all the bullsh*t and bravado from Flitcroft and Clarke is appalling. Say nothing, do the business, then talk.

I am struggling to see what some posters on here expect from DC.

As I can work out I think we have a first team ‘squad’ excluding our own youth players of 27.

From this we now have Gibbo, Monty, Wozza, Manny, Amoo, Pope injured, a young keeper on loan and 2 untried outfielders again on loan.

This reduces us to 18 players, from which depending on individual posters views who want Crooks / Fitzpatrick / Smith / Joyce / Whitehead/ Cullen / Guthrie’s / Robinson nowhere near a Vale shirt again, and our top scorer Rodney on the bench.  Add to that the Legge contract saga, Brisley coming back from injury and Taylor a very pale shadow of the lad we had last time, and I am concerned we have signed a pup there based on a purple patch, when he couldn’t force his way in to a poor Sunny team so we have given him a 3.5 year contract which many were ecstatic about.

Added to this he has been hamstrung by MCKirdy, who can make things happen (albeit may be a <ovf censored>) excluded from the squad, and yet all our creative players are injured.

As a consequence he has gone to 3 at the back, made us tighter and harder to beat, and with Legge’s throw ins then trying to nick a goal from set plays given our lack of creativity.

Do I enjoy watching this NO, can I understand his strategy YES.  I thought Theo was ok on Tuesday, showed more interest than he has of late, and he has scored goals previously.  Devante shoots / fires that one across he may well have had a tap in as well placed.

It’s  going to be ugly, but hopefully we can muster a few wins and draws to edge us to safety, then clear the decks and start afresh

Archived