onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

With the way things are going it could well do. 

I just hope we start getting players back from injury. As soon as Worrall is back fit we will improve, even though players like amoo and manny have been poor we need them back ASAP. I think we’ve just got to hope that those below us keep losing games

I agree. we just need to produce one of those fluke wins and saturday would be ideal. grimsby or barrow will pick a win up soon im certain of it and after they have we cant carry on losing games or weve had it. 8 points is a big gap for the moment. two quick wins will ease the nerves massively. 

A win would be so big psychologically for teams below us as well the last thing we want to do is give them hope and every game that goes by they will start to believe they are going to catch us. A win and make that bigger will put some much pressure on them teams to pick up results. We just simply need a win. We have thr advantage in terms of points in the bank why not against Cheltenham a team who we will more than likely lost to just go for it play as attacking as we can and just get at them id prefer lose 3:0 at the weekend and actually go for it and have shots on target than try shut them out for 90 mins and inevitably lose 1:0

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

You're suggesting Cullen and Guthrie when they've offered far less than Rodney. For starters he's the only one with a few goals to his name.

For my money Devante has been a better option out wide, where he has more opportunity to take his man on, but we can't play him as a wing back and he perhaps cant be trusted to track back in a 442.  He's putting a lot of effort in but the bad touches, the miscues, and poor decisions, are costing us.  He sees a lot of the ball but can't hold it up.  The other strikers don't see as much of the ball, and they can't hold it up either.  As things stand we're waiting for our 35 year old striker to come back from injury, because although he doesn't move as well as the others he's far better in every other aspect of the game.

Does devante have the most potential and had the better season most definitely my point is we are desperate for a win. We need someone who can pinch a goal and the way we are playing we are only going score a scrappy goal. Someone like cullen yes not been great but hes got a scrappy goal in him following in at the back post from a rebound however it comes he has the experience to be in the right place at the right time. I dont think devante has that in him and we desperately need that goal thats why i would drop him . And then bring him on for the last 20 on the wing and let him cause havoc he has offered very little in the last few games

50 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I notice Clarke has mentioned players getting off their social media.

Ah, that is the problem then. Not being garbage then, rubbish team selection, Askey. This guy has come up with more excuses for us being rubbish in a few weeks than the rest in ten years.  How many points has he got so far?  He's taking us down. 

Remember Aspin and Askey came in and kept us up with what they had to work with in far more dire circs. This guy Clarke worries me. Deluded.

5 games in and he is already coming out with ....

the lads gave me everything ...

no they didn't they <ovf censored> !ost !!

how to get out of it .....

we have to make it scrappy and hope something drops for us 

<ovf censored> me is that supposed to fill anyone with confidence I

what happens next Darrel!? ....

we go again!!

perhaps Walsall fans were exactly right in every way!

Listening to the Ale & Vale excellent podcast tonight, if the story about Jamal Matt is true then frankly I give up, I could have told you Maynard would go to Mansfield he played us like a fiddle, Askey should have told him to do one, in fact to even entertain the mercenary was ludicrous and if Matt was at the club as A&V report, and as a striker who likes to play up front on his own, Askey must have been on cloud cuckoo land not to sign him.

Also, if we had unloaded a player and used the money Askey wanted to pay Maynard I agree with the lads I'm sure we could have afforded Vaughan, totally fed up tonight, the last five years have been a joke other than the last few months of last season.

Smurthwaite has damaged this club beyond belief, but Askey should have been hooked earlier and whoever the new manager was, at least have given him the transfer window.

Relegation for me and a lot like me is unthinkable. Every decision in the last 5 years has been the wrong one, all we can do now is pray to the football Gods and hope they are sympathetic.

23 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Does devante have the most potential and had the better season most definitely my point is we are desperate for a win. We need someone who can pinch a goal and the way we are playing we are only going score a scrappy goal. Someone like cullen yes not been great but hes got a scrappy goal in him following in at the back post from a rebound however it comes he has the experience to be in the right place at the right time. I dont think devante has that in him and we desperately need that goal thats why i would drop him . And then bring him on for the last 20 on the wing and let him cause havoc he has offered very little in the last few games

When you look at there goal which started from rodney miscontrolling the ball the goalkeeper rolled the ballout look where smith is he supposed to be in the back four he never recovers and leaves a gaping hole in our defence which drags Legge out and leaves the middle wide open for henderson to score. 

25 minutes ago, andy jones said:

5 games in and he is already coming out with ....

the lads have me everything ...

no they didn't they <ovf censored> !ost !!

how to get out of it .....

we have to make it scrappy and hope something drops for us 

<ovf censored> me is that supposed to fill anyone with confidence I

what happens next Darrel!? ....

we go again!!

perhaps Walsall fans were exactly right in every way!

To be fair I think he's bang on in regards to making it scrappy. Without our best players and with absolute dross up front we're certainly not going to be able to out score many, if any, teams. Neither do we have creative players to play some decent football, even more so without Worrall. Not conceding or only conceding one goal in a game is the best chance we have of getting something.

I thought it was almost an achievement that the 11 we had out last night only lost by one goal against one of the more fancies teams in the league, and certainly one of the most expensive.

8 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

When you look at there goal which started from rodney miscontrolling the ball the goalkeeper rolled the ballout look where smith is he supposed to be in the back four he never recovers and leaves a gaping hole in our defence which drags Legge out and leaves the middle wide open for henderson to score. 

That is quite a stretch to blame Smithy who had just been shunted to RB. But haters gonna hate. Maybe look at the three then  CB's who stood and watched in admiration as he nodded in unchallenged. Brisley was day dreaming. Crookes went bonkers with him.

Brisley came in, Smith to RB, Brisley in Smith's position asleep. Even their commentators commentated on it. 

I don't think you were watching. 

Most of these players are getting away with murder. If there was a crowd in every week by now they would be getting dogs abuse which quite  frankly they deserve, but as things are they just waltz off the pitch with no repercussions into a nice hot shower, then piss off home. Most of them couldn’t give a <ovf censored> about the club. They’ve got paid at the end of the week so they are happy.

I challenge any first team Vale player to suggest otherwise. 

I can count on one hand how many are fit to wear the shirt. The rest can just do one as far as I’m concerned. So many are robbing a living and taking the piss out of Carol, Kevin and us true Vale supporters who are fed up of being a <ovf censored> laughing stock.

4 hours ago, hamilboy said:

What you in about? Smith had been moved to full back at that point. What about Rodney miss control...what about whiteheads half hearted challenge. If anything he’s more to blame than smithy. Lunacy

Frustrating that we have conceded again but the issue at the moment is not the defence it’s the 5/6 players in front of them who are incapable of creating anything to win a match. 

7 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

I just pray that we can bundle a couple of scrappy results this is a massive learning curve for carol and hopefully if we do stay up she now understands the standard needed to compete at this level. A squad of 18 good league 2 players mixed with youth loans is better than 30 below average players 

We have 6 regular first team players out injured at the moment, if that happens if we had a squad of 18 we’d be stuffed.

The only positive is the bottom three lost so another round of fixtures less for them to catch up.

10 points should do it but I’m not sure where they are coming from at this point.

Defensively we’ve sorted that in the main and look solid, Salford for a high flying home side got barely a sniff and we have stopped both goals and regular changes against but this has on the flip side seen the goals dry up, we’ve got to find the balance between the two as goal scoring wasn’t the main issue before Clarke’s arrival we had one of the top GF columns.

Rodney has gone awful in recent weeks, he should get a shot off and possibly score, ten seconds later the game is lost. Without Worrall we don’t create anything despite plenty of situations where we are getting into good areas around the box/final third.

Brisley was poor but the back line I can’t really fault them lads but we the forwards are all struggling to perform. Defensively Salford are superb and thought we made them look nervous but got to be taking advantage of that.

Injuries are a huge problem again. If Wozza is out for a long period we are screwed and having so many out during this hectic run is killing us.

Mills and Hurst at full back for the 3-5-2 to work isn’t ideal, let’s hope some are short term losses.

Those three home games in a week after Cheltenham are absolutely massive. Two wins from them and we go into the last 10 probably needing 4 or 5 points, if we can’t nerves are going to be in pieces. Was hoping Vale would keep spirits high during this awful year but doing the opposite, it’s so depressing on top of it all really. Thought these struggles would be behind us after Smurf and really feel for Carol and Kevin.

Archived