onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Think when I said play a central defender up front earlier on in the thread you thought I was joking I wasnt I'm seeing no guts in the final third and it only takes one moment every game for us to lose one lack of concentration or a wonder shot we couldn't have conceded a goal at a worser moment in the game I mean why didnt Rodney just smash it why did he come inside and virtually give it the goalkeeper .

UNBLOODY BELIEVABLE 

Advert

1 minute ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I honestly can't see where the next win is gonna come from 

Neither can i and southend a grimbsy seem to be picking up the odd result here and there we are in a world of trouble i think we need 3-4 wins between now and the end of the season and i cant see that happening at the moment

I just pray that we can bundle a couple of scrappy results this is a massive learning curve for carol and hopefully if we do stay up she now understands the standard needed to compete at this level. A squad of 18 good league 2 players mixed with youth loans is better than 30 below average players 

Im really struggling to see what devante is bringing at the moment loses the ball all the time he cant control it i think we need experience up there id go with cullen and guthrie up top and bring devante on later in the game because he has offered nothing for the past few games. Im not singleing him out but i just dont think he is up to scratch for battling out results. You cant take 5 touches to get the ball under control

We're averaging 0.68 points per game over the past 22 games. We accumulated more points in our opening 9 games of the season than we have done in the past 22.

0.68 points per game would get you just over 31 points in a whole season. It's worse than relegation form.

If we continue at the same rate for the remainder of the season we will finish on 41/42 points which will see us down. 

Tough game Saturday which I can't see us getting anything from despite us beating them at our place. We then have 3 x home games on the spin which could determine our entire season and future as a club. Simply huge.

8 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im really struggling to see what devante is bringing at the moment loses the ball all the time he cant control it i think we need experience up there id go with cullen and guthrie up top and bring devante on later in the game because he has offered nothing for the past few games. Im not singleing him out but i just dont think he is up to scratch for battling out results. You cant take 5 touches to get the ball under control

You're suggesting Cullen and Guthrie when they've offered far less than Rodney. For starters he's the only one with a few goals to his name.

For my money Devante has been a better option out wide, where he has more opportunity to take his man on, but we can't play him as a wing back and he perhaps cant be trusted to track back in a 442.  He's putting a lot of effort in but the bad touches, the miscues, and poor decisions, are costing us.  He sees a lot of the ball but can't hold it up.  The other strikers don't see as much of the ball, and they can't hold it up either.  As things stand we're waiting for our 35 year old striker to come back from injury, because although he doesn't move as well as the others he's far better in every other aspect of the game.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

They had one in the second half but that was going nowhere ,I'm byest to Vale very disappointed in them again the goal we conceded was a joke of a goal a goal we have being giving away all season ,they didnt do anything warrant that goal so how come he has got a free header in our box and why was the cross allowed in .

Piss poor in my opinion, have noticed that the other teams never give us a soft goal beat ourselves as usual .

Please do not tell me Rodney is a 90 minute footballer that's three games in a row second half zero impact 

It was very poor defending for the goal. I don' think we would have conceded that goal if we where still playing 352 but switched to 451 following Gibbo injury. Just illustrates why we need 3 CB's to be solid.

Rodney is never a striker in million years. LW for me. Give him room to receive the ball too feet and push it past the defender and run to cause problems.

We have 6 strikers at the club and at present none of them can be relied on.  Rodney although has 10 goals is better on the wing, Cullen hasn't scored in the league since the opening day of the season, Theo has one penalty in the league and is hopeless.  Guthrie although works harder than Robinson, I can't seem him scoring many, Swan, too early to judge but looked lightweight, I think our chances rely on a 35 year old recovering for the last few matches.

27 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Also he fades away into the background once again second half name anything he did he doesn't muscle his way past players ,he has pace but doesn't use it win penalties and the one time he finds himself free he miscontrols it and the chance go one up is gone and low and behold we are caught out of position and they score when really its us who should be scoring .

Love Vale whatever league we in so be it but come on surely we capable of much better than that ,what's  with the kick and rush and why we passing it slowly pass and move quickly and be brave in possession ,why Whitehead and not Burgess in the past three games he is the only one who as  hit a decent effort at goal ok it went wide but it was a fabulous hit ,I want see my players banging shots in like that but obviously on target .

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I notice Clarke has mentioned players getting off their social media. Could well be aimed at Robinson and Guthrie who seem to post loads of <ovf censored> on theres. Be nice if we just had a couple of players who actually gave a <ovf censored>. 

The worrying thing for me and i hope im wrong, but i fear a lot of players know they wont be at the football club next season so will they put a shift in for the remaining games, especially with no fans? Were in a mess, it could go either way this one and the 8 point gap will get wiped out if we dont win a game in the next 4. Its going go to the last game of the season isnt it, against Grimsby. 😮

Just now, sandyford_valiant said:

The worrying thing for me and i hope im wrong, but i fear a lot of players know they wont be at the football club next season so will they put a shift in for the remaining games, especially with no fans? Were in a mess, it could go either way this one and the 8 point gap will get wiped out if we dont win a game in the next 4. Its going go to the last game of the season isnt it, against Grimsby. 😮

With the way things are going it could well do. 

I just hope we start getting players back from injury. As soon as Worrall is back fit we will improve, even though players like amoo and manny have been poor we need them back ASAP. I think we’ve just got to hope that those below us keep losing games

Archived