onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, MBE said:

The ref wasn't great but even with VAR that is never a penalty. The player turned his back with his arm behind him and it him and was struck from 3 yards away.What is he supposed to do?

I want him give Vale a penalty and send there player off it was going in in my opinion .

They had one in the second half but that was going nowhere ,I'm byest to Vale very disappointed in them again the goal we conceded was a joke of a goal a goal we have being giving away all season ,they didnt do anything warrant that goal so how come he has got a free header in our box and why was the cross allowed in .

Piss poor in my opinion, have noticed that the other teams never give us a soft goal beat ourselves as usual .

Please do not tell me Rodney is a 90 minute footballer that's three games in a row second half zero impact 

Advert

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:
18 minutes ago, valefan79 said:
Currently 11/1 on Sky Bet to be relegated.

I got in at 28/1 which was only a few days ago. We'll be odds on soon.

Just put a tener on, can't see how the bookies have us at 11/1 and Colchester who are 2 points better off and a game in hand at 9/1.  I hate putting money on us to lose and go down but after seeing how we have played since November it's a no brainer.

He wasn't. Joyce was by far the worst when it came to forward passes. I counted one successful one, around the 70th minute. All of the others were aimless hoofs forward that went out of play

To be fair to Crookes I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

He wasn't. Joyce was by far the worst when it came to forward passes. I counted one successful one, around the 70th minute. All of the others were aimless hoofs forward that went out of play
Joyce was abysmal. Legs have gone. Doesn't get near to anyone any more. Can't run, can't pass.

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'd love to see our record since that fateful and pivotal Tranmere game must be horrendous reading 

15 points from 22 games, 3 wins at Bolton, Grimsy and Southend at home, 6 draws and a depressing 13 defeats.

But we were dire playing that too. You can talk about formations but at the end of the day if the individuals aren't good enough it won't matter what formation we play. Might help if some of our better players get back playing regularly. No team in League 2 would cope with the loss of their best 5-6 players. Gibbons, Montano, Amoo, Worrall, Pope, Oyeleke would all be in our best 11. Add a Mitch Clark and you're not far off the team that took us to the edge of the playoffs. The team we are turning out at the moment are only heading one way. I feel sorry for DC, I fear some folk have already made their mind up on him

To me the logic is - if the squad is set up for 433 then play 433

14 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Just put a tener on, can't see how the bookies have us at 11/1 and Colchester who are 2 points better off and a game in hand at 9/1.  I hate putting money on us to lose and go down but after seeing how we have played since November it's a no brainer.

Really

15 minutes ago, osprey said:

To me the logic is - if the squad is set up for 433 then play 433

Correct, assess the players if he must but why not do it in a 433 whilst at the same time getting the fitness levels up and working on his prefered formations in training for a week or two. 

50 minutes ago, Santa said:

The plan seems to be safety in numbers at the back, make games as scrappy as possible and hope we grind something out or that something drops for us. And that's about it.

And that Santa is exactly how I'm thinking.  I joked with my son tonight and said our next formation might be 7 2 1 😪

7 minutes ago, southvale said:

I'm not sure about the new regime. All I get from Clarke is pre-made excuses for relegation blaming the previous set-up: 'this squad is set up for a 4-4-3' 'can't believe there's only one defensive midfielder in the squad' 'this squad is not fit' tonight we were awful, even the good players looked bad. I personally think askey was on the right track for a rebuild, but you can't lose 6 in a row. We were getting comfortable with the system and the ethos. Clarke is changing personnel and insisting on a 5-3-2 which our lads don't seem to buy into. Carol has probably spent a fortune on new manager and DoF, and she admits she knows nothing about football. Clarke and flittcroft do know about football, but do they know about Port Vale Football Club? I for one won't warm to people who spend time slagging off the previous encombants rather than getting results

100% with Clarke assessment. He still had to drop a dig at Askey tonight. He should concentrate on dealing with his lot rather than his slagging of the previous management and fitness of the players. He's managed against us twice this season and should have known what he was walking in to.  So far he's not offered to admit to any responsibility for the dire performances. He's in the wrong place, doing the wrong job if he's after sympathy with his excuses. He's in danger of quickly becoming our version of Nathan Jones by trying to force the players in to playing only his way, because we all know how that ended 

Ultimately I hope that he and DF can turn the Vale around, but not at the expense of us dropping out of the league.  He needs to swallow a little pride and work with Pugh and the players to play in whatever way works best and shelve "his way" until we're safe, then kick in with whatever way that he wants to impose and the players he wants to bring in to play that way, for next season. 

Starting to get seriously worried that we could actually go down i cant seen where a win is coming from we have absolutely 0 quality going forward mix that with no confidence and that is relegation. We need to beat Cheltenham if we lose again and a team below us picks up a result we could be in serious bother

Archived