onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, TylerB said:

Honestly thought we'd get pumped tonight so I'm not sure if we were alright, despite obviously being so toothless, or whether Salford were just pants or not really up for it because they knew one goal would be enough.

They almost were in neutral I feel. A slightly nervy performance from a team so much is expected of.

Alas Vale have their bellies tickled again

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

If this carries on it will be difficult to say it was right to get rid of Askey 

It really wouldn't be. It's directly Askey's fault that Clarke is having to try to turn around this squad of useless tossers. If he manages to get a tune of them he's football rain man. 

Just thinking back to when I got moaned at on here for daring to be disappointed on the 'Theo Robinson signs' thread back in the summer. If the bloke was a Horse he'd have been down the Lasagne factory years ago. 

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

Clarke’s starting to mirror Gannon and Sinnott

Clarke has had 5 games and probably seen every player on the pitch.

He now has to pick HIS strongest team. If Whitehead, Robinson, Cullen still get picked then i have no faith in him.

He now has to pick a team and stick with it for the next 3 games.

As for Manny, Monty, Gibbo, send them away till after Easter and forget anout them.

Tell Pope put his arm in a sling and get his boots on.

With 5 at the back we create nothing. Got to go four across and get some width in the team. Desperately missing Worrall. Why Whitehead was chosen over Taylor, who knows. The thing is there will be 5 odd changes now to the team for Saturday so no settles side learning their roles. 

5 minutes ago, Mario said:
9 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:
I agree.this is worse than Askey!!

But the squad and ability are Askeys fault Pep would struggle with this lot

We heard that about Brown with Ribeiro, about Aspin with Brown, about Askey with Aspin.

I'm still convinced we'll survive this season, based purely on points on board and the three below us being dogshit. We'll limp over the line I'm sure of it. But if we have a clear out and are crap again next season I don't want to hear "Clarke saved us". Pugh could have kept us up, and I never wanted him to be anything more than a caretaker.

This has club has probably deserved to end up in non league for many years now. We have been a circus off and on the pitch for too long. Perhaps now it is eating away at us and we will get our comeuppance. This post is no dig at Carol either, it’s not her fault, she’s just been badly let down and perhaps a touch naive this season. 

Not one player, coach etc has been likeable this season. I don’t feel like cheering on any of them, I just spend 90 minutes criticising each player we have. Even the new manager has an aura of being unlikeable.

We haven’t looked like scoring in 3 games now. Not one moment of excitement. Absolute zero creativity. Not one bit of quality. Headless chickens who might work hard and show energy but offer zero in the final third. 

4 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

I want to give the manager the benefit of the doubt, this is only game number 4 for him but this is awful to watch.  We genuinely do not look like we are going to score a goal, 1 goal in 4 matches and apart from the odd chance, the worry is that we are not creating anything.  Our second half performances are absoutely awful.  I really can't see where our next win is going to come from and if we were to drop down, I genuinely fear for our football club.  I know Carol would not walk away but clubs bigger than us really struggle down there and taken so long to get back.

As I said Walsall fans werent being bitter when they said you are welcome to Clarke.  Who would pick Whitehead ?

Askey wants to be in The Hague facing war crimes for assembling the most useless selection of Vale players I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing. Borderline terrorism from John.

Garbage. We could genuinely get relegated here, folks. 

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Just take the shackles off next game.

We can't defend. Concede every game. Setting us up for a 0-0 and trying to nick a goal isn't working.

Attack next game. Go for it. We need wins.

I totally agree. 3 up front and 4 holding the line at the back. It is never going to happen playing in this formation. No width and can’t hold the ball up, yet playing 5 at the back is just waiting to concede, or have a good defensive game and draw 0-0. We need to win one of the next 2.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Askey wants to be in The Hague facing war crimes for assembling the most useless selection of Vale players I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing. Borderline terrorism from John.

Garbage. We could genuinely get relegated here, folks. 

Welcome back Joe we've missed your thoughts . 

Archived