onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Feels a bit harsh to be a goal down but the issue is that we haven’t really threatened much in the 1st half.  

Difficult to change things, with 2 enforced changes already.  Still a chance to regroup at half time and reorganise.  

need to make use of any set pieces we get in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

We look livelier than we have in a while but the goal has ruined any feel good factor. The injuries have to be something to do with our conditioning and perhaps things like our old heavy clay home pitch taking their toll. 

Thank god this is a sky bet freebie for me because I doubt the 2nd half will bring much joy. 

Robinson looked a little better, had a few nice touches etc, but it does not matter who we have up front, we can’t get the ball anywhere near. 

Not having the pitch as an excuse mate 

Doesn't affect Smith, Rodney, Conlon and others .

It's literally the same sick notes constantly injured 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Get that donkey off up top. He shouldn’t have been given another chance. Put Guthrie on if we’re playing hoofball again. Played ok but you can’t make errors like that 

Guthrie on, if the ball sticks against these we might have half a chance at a shot in target 

How the actual <ovf censored> have these conceded least in the league. We could pull 20 people off here and finish mid table in this tinpot basement league and we’re not even good enough to stay in it. Shambles

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We look livelier than we have in a while but the goal has ruined any feel good factor. The injuries have to be something to do with our conditioning and perhaps things like our old heavy clay home pitch taking their toll. 

Thank god this is a sky bet freebie for me because I doubt the 2nd half will bring much joy. 

Robinson looked a little better, had a few nice touches etc, but it does not matter who we have up front, we can’t get the ball anywhere near. 

Mate I’m not botheread about spending a tenner watch my team win or lose 

it’s like some of u like rubbing it in cause u ain’t paid  

get a grip 

Heart breaking to watch.

We have played well against a team that haven’t lost at home. 

2 injuries meaning we are basically playing half a reserve side at this point.

Forced to go to 4 at the back with 4 centre halves across the back... confusion reigned.

Very unlucky.

We won’t get anything from here.

Rodneys first touch is genuinely shocking never seen a ball bounce off a player as much as it does with him. He seriously needs to improve in that area because its not good enough so be only affective when given the time to take 2-3 touches to get control of the ball

We closed them down well but virtually no quality, virtually zero threat in attack and how was their striker able to run in to the box and head in from close range with not one of the 3 defenders in the box getting anywhere near him?

So far DCs weird team selection is not working. 

On 27/02/2021 at 21:05, rider1308 said:

Don’t think Arthur Askey would have been so stupid and a lot of the muppets on here wouldn’t have any idea who Arthur Askey is !!!! 

On 27/02/2021 at 22:59, TJHValiant said:

He is awful. To think people got slated for moaning saying “give him a chance”....anyone who had ever seen him play for 5 minutes at any point in their lives could see he was not good enough. Who is scouting these wasters? Holds the ball up? Yes he does....to enable the opposition defence to sort themselves out and get the ball back. 

Theo Robinson will be delighted to see he has another year of free money with Cullen going and Guthrie for competition in the team. Pope will be going too. That leaves Rodney. 

On 25/02/2021 at 20:49, 1 said:

Who you keeping, assuming you can re-sign anyone and move on under-contract players?

Darrell may be mulling it over, but we’ve seen enough to know who we would keep.

Next season starters:

Brown (maybe bench)

Gibbo

NEW

Smith

NEW

NEW

Conlon

NEW

Worrall

NEW

NEW

Bench:

Taylor

Monty

Rodney

That’s a lot of new players, but I reckon that’s what we need to be serious about next season.

23 hours ago, 1 said:

I don’t mind him being given a coaching role. I think there’s a big difference between a player who happens to have finished up at Vale staying on, and a Vale fan who’s done so much for the club and is a lifelong fan. He’ll put everything into any role he has at the club, and that’s worth it’s weight in gold.

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Add to

Manny Cullen and Amoo 

It's an absolute joke 

Feel sorry for Gibbo, the rest just f*ck em off. No right back now for 5 weeks. Clarke has plenty talk, let's see the walk

I dunner feel mad or pi$$ed off........I just feel sad that we have come to this. Danny Whitehead is Dick Turpin.....he's robbing a wage....but at least Dick Turpin wore a mask. Brisley turned and looked at the lad who scored yet got nowhere near him.

3-0 Salford now....they are a bunch of cocky overpaid twots but they are streets ahead of us at times. We've huffed and puffed and closed down but you watch us blow up now especially as we've already had to use 2 subs.

Another night of agony and frustration....it's the hoep that kills yer they say....and they're right.

Archived