onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

We can`t go another month without winning, what an opportunity for Rodney to strike with a hat-trick on his return to Salford, smash their unbeaten home record and chalk up a double.  Up against a no expense spared team expecting promotion and hovering just outside the Play-offs, but under pressure just the same. For us much will depend upon the injury situation,  rotation options, and recovery from Saturday’s disappointment.  A test of the manager and squad, continuous gradual improvement has to be maintained.

Advert

I've seen enough of the two up front to say No More it's not working 

Good side these are we cannot allow pot shots v these. 

A very hard game hopefully some big players back if not I have a suggestion No Rodney in a front two he is dominated too easily or better still put this comment of mine on the team talk as I think he should be dropped 

4 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

You are correct with the front two, problem is nobody to come in who could improve us. That is possibly unfair to Swan who is largely unknown 

We have a poor selection of strikers agreed with none of them looking likely to score a bag full. But bearing this in mind surely 2 poor strikers are better and more likely to score than 1 poor striker ?

We've got Salford and Cheltenham in the space of a few days, and theyre both teams we have somehow managed to beat already. Realistically we should get zero points out of these 2 games, but I would be delighted with 2 points. Can we defend well enough for a couple of goalless draws? because its hard to see where a goal is going to come from.

0-0 bore draw will do nicely

UTV

They are unbeaten at home but have won less than half of their games so do like a draw.

Main issue is how that goal yesterday affects us mentally. It could knock us back and we play like a side beaten before kick off or could fire us up.

Big one for Clarke to manage this in terms of mentality.

Would love to beat these. Hate what they stand for in football

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

They are unbeaten at home but have won less than half of their games so do like a draw.

Main issue is how that goal yesterday affects us mentally. It could knock us back and we play like a side beaten before kick off or could fire us up.

Big one for Clarke to manage this in terms of mentality.

Would love to beat these. Hate what they stand for in football

Agree with that

Dont you just know that if they dont go up then Wellens will be ditched by them

I'd go with if we can get at least 3 off the treatment table this team .

Brown 

Gibbons Legge Smith Crookes 

Joyce Burgess 

Amoo    Conlon      Worrall 

Swann 

It's a 4-2-3-1 .

Out go Taylor Guthrie Mills and Rodney although if Gibbons can not make it happy enough with Mills has he did nowt wrong yesterday .

If Amoo not ready then put Rodney there or why not try a right side of Gibbons and Mills with Mills told put the same quality of ball in all game as the one second half V Cambridge. 

UTV 

5 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I'd go with if we can get at least 3 off the treatment table this team .

Brown 

Gibbons Legge Smith Crookes 

Joyce Burgess 

Amoo    Conlon      Worrall 

Swann 

It's a 4-2-3-1 .

Out go Taylor Guthrie Mills and Rodney although if Gibbons can not make it happy enough with Mills has he did nowt wrong yesterday .

If Amoo not ready then put Rodney there or why not try a right side of Gibbons and Mills with Mills told put the same quality of ball in all game as the one second half V Cambridge. 

UTV 

Amoo will be nowhere near and for me you cant drop Rodney mainly as he is the only one to create something out of nothing

Archived