Best Vale 11 in your lifetime?

1 minute ago, KingRay said:

Did you see Bill McGarry play at the Old Rec?  Was he as good as my father said he was?  He thought he was the best header of a football, given his lack of height, he had seen. He had the rare ability to hover at the top of his jump.

Saw him play at the Old Rec and VP. He seemed to have springs in his legs and could easily out head taller players,  Great  tackler and played for England in the 1954  World Cup. Allen and King were also in the initial World Cup selection tour, but did not make the finals.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw all the home games during the 1953/54 season and must agree with your assertion that it is the best Vale 11 that I have seen by some distance. The best 2 goal keepers, again by some distanc

Mehmet  Mills Geohagen Slater Jules Mbamba Whitehead Fraser  Barnett Perry Robinson     

My goodness, you have put a great amount of detail into that post. It’s fascinating to read, especially since you saw all those home games. That must have been really something to watch. Huge crowds ,