onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Best pubs /Ales

boslemportvale91

With the recent news regarding the hospitality coming back soon I'm curious to see where everyone favourite watering hole and favourite poison is ? 

I don't live in the area anymore but I've always rated stoke and Castle with some of the best local boozers. Has it rough sides yes but has it's fair share of welcoming locals. I still love a night up Boslem after the footy. 

I'll go for the obvious one. Plum porter , just the one or two before it blows your head off.

When I lived in Scotland I'd often sample a few Innis n Gunns and Caledonian Best. Lovely beer. 

Advert

17 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

With the recent news regarding the hospitality coming back soon I'm curious to see where everyone favourite watering hole and favourite poison is ? 

I don't live in the area anymore but I've always rated stoke and Castle with some of the best local boozers. Has it rough sides yes but has it's fair share of welcoming locals. I still love a night up Boslem after the footy. 

I'll go for the obvious one. Plum porter , just the one or two before it blows your head off.

When I lived in Scotland I'd often sample a few Innis n Gunns and Caledonian Best. Lovely beer. 

My biggest fear is just how many pubs will manage to actually re-open.  We've lost loads already in recent times.

On a more positive note, if you like the Plum Porter I highly recommend you try the Plum Porter Grand Reserve, if you've not done so already.

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

My biggest fear is just how many pubs will manage to actually re-open.  We've lost loads already in recent times.

On a more positive note, if you like the Plum Porter I highly recommend you try the Plum Porter Grand Reserve, if you've not done so already.

Agreed. I dread to think if we lose all the locals and get stuck with the soulless chain bars that don't care about their staff or customers. I've worked for a few over the years and seen it first hand sadly. 

Not tried it yet, will put it on the list of ales to try . 

16 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I was lucky I had a case of Grand Reserve for Xmas, quite happy to drink 6.5% at home but not if driving.

As an exile, and on trips up to watch the Vale, I have always enjoyed a trip to the Bulls Head in the Mother Town  before the game and the Holy Inadequate in Etruria for a pint on the way home (obviously a passenger rather than driver on the way home 😄).

Find lager agrees with me more than the ale but am partial to a pint of Steerage at the Bulls Head.

Living down sarf my favourite local brewery is Hogs Back. Decent range of ales and a great lager called Hogstar.

3 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

As an exile, and on trips up to watch the Vale, I have always enjoyed a trip to the Bulls Head in the Mother Town  before the game and the Holy Inadequate in Etruria for a pint on the way home (obviously a passenger rather than driver on the way home 😄).

Find lager agrees with me more than the ale but am partial to a pint of Steerage at the Bulls Head.

Living down sarf my favourite local brewery is Hogs Back. Decent range of ales and a great lager called Hogstar.

Hogs Back Tongham Tea, do they still brew it?

Archived