There's a kind of home countertop draught system called a Blade machine. Basically you put a proprietary keg in (Birra Moretti best seller), the machine pierces, seals and chills it, and then you have a month to get 14 fresh pub quality draught pints on tap out of it before it goes off. They're sold out everywhere as the pint men of Britain bought them all up over summer lockdown.

Anyway the point is I intend to buy one in June and start drinking the bstard all in one go the moment the retained list gets posted on the official site. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Advert:

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No no no no we’ve fallen into this trap before. This squad has been in multiple relegation battles so a couple of wins doesn’t change anything for me. Big clear out needed

Pope deserves every accolade the club can bestow, but his time as a contributing player for us has come to an end, in my view. 

No. I'd still be ruthless. I'm angry that this bunch downed tools and gave me many a sleepless night worrying about losing our league status. Glad they've finally decided to start playing again, but

It seems Stockport are trying to sign Paddy Madden on loan from Fleetwood...... now if he became available in the summer i would certainly have a pop at trying to get him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

It seems Stockport are trying to sign Paddy Madden on loan from Fleetwood...... now if he became available in the summer i would certainly have a pop at trying to get him

Exactly the sort of signing we need 

Scored goals wherever he's been.

Amazing to think could be in the conference, he's only 31 

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 18:15, Doha said:

There's a kind of home countertop draught system called a Blade machine. Basically you put a proprietary keg in (Birra Moretti best seller), the machine pierces, seals and chills it, and then you have a month to get 14 fresh pub quality draught pints on tap out of it before it goes off. They're sold out everywhere as the pint men of Britain bought them all up over summer lockdown.

Anyway the point is I intend to buy one in June and start drinking the bstard all in one go the moment the retained list gets posted on the official site. 

Why wait?  You could get yourself a mini keg of Titanic Plum Porter Grand Reserve right now.  Not only would you be helping the local economy it also numbs the pain.

Fleetwood manager has said that Paddy Maddens move to Stockport probably wouldn't just be  a loan.... i would snap their hand off for a player like that,i guess they will be paying a fee for him

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Brown - Not a great season for him individually, but keep. We'll really struggle to find a better keeper.

Visser - Keep. Always looks reliable. Unlucky with injury this season.

Gibbons - Keep. Needs to stay clear of injury but he's a good player at this sort of level, and can get better.

Mills - Get rid. Just not very good to put it mildly. 

Smith - Never been a fan, but would keep on the premise that he can still improve. Can never fault his attitude.

Legge - Get rid. Brilliant servant but his legs have gone and at times can almost look a liability.

Fitzpatrick - Get rid. By no means our worst player but another who's not up to the mark.

Brisley - Bang average. We have worse players, but if he can't get into our first 11 regularly....

Crookes - Keep. Has improved massively under Clarke and is at a good age.

Joyce - Same as Legge.

Whitehead - Get rid. Nowhere near good enough. Couldn't pass wind correctly, it probably comes out of his nostrils too.

Burgess - Get rid. Offers very little. Has gone backwards this season.

Conlon - Keep. Decent player but not someone you would build a team around.

Taylor - Awful since his return but he's on a long contract. So keep.

Oyeleke - Get rid. A liability. Has the ability but clearly not up to the physical demands of professional football.

Hurst - Keep. Has a lot of improving to do but there's something there to work with.

Worrall - Keep. Our best player clearly. By a distance. Still think he should score a few more goals though.

Amoo - Get rid. Injury hit, and even when he's not he doesn't do enough often enough.

Montano - Keep, more for sentiments than anything else. Another who can't seem to put a run of games together.

Rodney - Keep. Frustrates everyone but should only get better. Has a first touch that could clear most Runways.

Cullen - Get rid. Simply not good enough.

Guthrie - Somehow manages to be just as poor as Theo Robinson. Bradford fans were absolutely bang on.

Robinson - Get rid. We would be better off playing Anne Robinson. Hopeless again.

Pope - Keep. Will still score goals at this level or the one below. Arguably our second best player still.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrex said:

Going to be an expensive summer just to pay off those under contract that we don't want.

Luckily for us though it is something that the owners are looking at doing 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TylerB said:

Brown - Not a great season for him individually, but keep. We'll really struggle to find a better keeper.

Visser - Keep. Always looks reliable. Unlucky with injury this season.

Gibbons - Keep. Needs to stay clear of injury but he's a good player at this sort of level, and can get better.

Mills - Get rid. Just not very good to put it mildly. 

Smith - Never been a fan, but would keep on the premise that he can still improve. Can never fault his attitude.

Legge - Get rid. Brilliant servant but his legs have gone and at times can almost look a liability.

Fitzpatrick - Get rid. By no means our worst player but another who's not up to the mark.

Brisley - Bang average. We have worse players, but if he can't get into our first 11 regularly....

Crookes - Keep. Has improved massively under Clarke and is at a good age.

Joyce - Same as Legge.

Whitehead - Get rid. Nowhere near good enough. Couldn't pass wind correctly, it probably comes out of his nostrils too.

Burgess - Get rid. Offers very little. Has gone backwards this season.

Conlon - Keep. Decent player but not someone you would build a team around.

Taylor - Awful since his return but he's on a long contract. So keep.

Oyeleke - Get rid. A liability. Has the ability but clearly not up to the physical demands of professional football.

Hurst - Keep. Has a lot of improving to do but there's something there to work with.

Worrall - Keep. Our best player clearly. By a distance. Still think he should score a few more goals though.

Amoo - Get rid. Injury hit, and even when he's not he doesn't do enough often enough.

Montano - Keep, more for sentiments than anything else. Another who can't seem to put a run of games together.

Rodney - Keep. Frustrates everyone but should only get better. Has a first touch that could clear most Runways.

Cullen - Get rid. Simply not good enough.

Guthrie - Somehow manages to be just as poor as Theo Robinson. Bradford fans were absolutely bang on.

Robinson - Get rid. We would be better off playing Anne Robinson. Hopeless again.

Pope - Keep. Will still score goals at this level or the one below. Arguably our second best player still.

I wouldn't be bothered if we released both keepers, Pope, Crookes, Montano, and Hurst. I have zero sentiment/confidence in this squad and the more wages + bodies we can shift, the better. Carol is resetting the club with the new structure and the playing squad needs to reflect this.

Detonate the current set-up and build again. This might take some time but if we're committing to this new approach, then let's do it probably and not hand out deals to finished players/players unlikely to ever be good enough. If Flitcroft is as good as he says, with the help of the new recruitment analyst, he should be able to assemble a competitive squad on what is a decent League 2 budget.

Of the players you'd get rid of, Whitehead, Amoo, and Robinson all have a further year on their deals and may be content to see them out if they can't get the same money elsewhere. 

From what has been said, Legge will be here next year.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

Advert:

keep the following....

Brown - maybe as back up if we can find a younger option

Gibbons - easily one of our better players

Crookes - has improved enough to stay

Smith - not had a great season, but good enough for L2

Conlon - easy choice this one

Hurst - Keep, but not as a first choice option

Worrall - Our best player by a mile 

Taylor no choice but to keep, but farm him out on loan

Rodney worth keeping, but maybe not an automatic choice

Pope - worth another season as back up? ....will see how the rest of this season goes first

the rest can do one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

I wouldn't be bothered if we released both keepers,..

Bit unfair on Visser? Has always looked a steady replacement for a GK who's definitely been dodgier this season, and directly responsible for some goals being gifted! Keep Visser as no. 1, and look for a 20-something year old and let them fight for that first team place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, valeparklife said:

If I was in charge I'd be utterly ruthless.

Gibbons, Smith (backup), Conlon, Taylor (he will come good), Rodney (backup), Worrall.

That's it.

that's not ruthless, it's a necessity if we are going to be serious about finishing in the top half next season.

Advert:

Visser,Brown,

Smith,Gibbons,Crookes

Wozza,Taylor,Conlon,Manny?Monty?

Dave

One year deals for those out of contract.**** the rest off.

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

Visser,Brown,

Smith,Gibbons,Crookes

Wozza,Taylor,Conlon,Manny?Monty?

Dave

One year deals for those out of contract.**** the rest off.

I'd agree with the sentiment to get rid but one of the problems is that some have contracts already so unless we pay 'em off they are staying too.

For instance, Burgess has another year as does Robinson and Whitehead. 

Also, for me, although it's very harsh I can't see with his injury record why we should give Manny a deal unless it's a short term pay as you play one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robf said:

I'd agree with the sentiment to get rid but one of the problems is that some have contracts already so unless we pay 'em off they are staying too.

For instance, Burgess has another year as does Robinson and Whitehead. 

Also, for me, although it's very harsh I can't see with his injury record why we should give Manny a deal unless it's a short term pay as you play one.

It makes the decision not to play Burgess after is relatively ok performances quite strange... Im assuming he must have picked up a knock?