onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Advert

For me releasing Brown was a big shock, can’t really see anybody any better coming to a league 2 club.

Monty is a good player for this level, The job Joyce did is underrated, Pope will score goals at his next club, sad to see him go but can see why he’s gone.

all the others correct decision.

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So was there some expectation of fisticuffs between the two?

I'm speculating but we had no defenders on the bench and Leg wasn't even in the squad. Definite bad blood there.

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

For me releasing Brown was a big shock, can’t really see anybody any better coming to a league 2 club.

Monty is a good player for this level, The job Joyce did is underrated, Pope will score goals at his next club, sad to see him go but can see why he’s gone.

all the others correct decision.

DC must have a really good replacement lined up to be confident of canning the goalkeeper thats played in every game this season.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

DC must have a really good replacement lined up to be confident of canning the goalkeeper thats played in every game this season.

Must have, still a big shock him being released, great keeper for this league.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

He obviously didn't see Brown as his first choice next season. Brown deserves to be first choice somewhere, so that was probably the decision made as he was never going to sit on our bench.

Brown has done great for us but I do think there was a bit too much hype sometimes. He was a solid goalkeeper at league 2 level & nothing more.

We move on & I trust that DC has one in the bag, otherwise he wouldn't have ditched all 3 keepers.

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

...DF has, in theory, had a solid 4 months to identify potential signings, find out their contract status availability and interest, scout them thoroughly and, finally, do the likely sums...

I think you're right - DC may have let him know a good few weeks ago which players he's likely to need. DF can then do the research into players to replace them, and, when DC gives the final verdict, the wheels are already in motion? I expect a few players in pretty quickly, so they can be made aware of fitness level targets, and the new players not having to play catch up on fitness and our game plans. Exciting times!  

4 hours ago, blackdog said:

I wonder if he will..... Has he taken his badges while he's been playing to prepare for the future ?  I don't know if he's shown an aptitude to that side of the game but if he wants a coaching role he will need his badges.

I'm also not sure whether he has the temperament /  attitude to be a good coach? 

4 hours ago, dishydave said:
4 hours ago, werstayinup said:
I did say they will all be going and tbh i expect in the next couple of days they will announce who under contract have been told they can leave if they get a club
I cant see DC wanting Burgess,Whitehead or Amoo

I think you can add Legge and Robinson to that list aswell

Pretty sure DC got Legge back in the squad and playing well again?

The way the statement reads on the official site, I think we can expect more to leave tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me to see Theo, Burgess & Whitehead all leave. Potentially even Amoo.
I would have thought its more likely that they will have been told to see if they can find another club as they are unlikely to feature for us. If come the end of the June they haven't got themselves sorted then mutual payouts would be considered, whether thats a top up of the wages they can get elsewhere or figure that they are happy with to walk away from their contract.

Archived