onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

I'm amazed that Brisley has been released, thought he had done well for us. Good luck to Popey he has been a stalwart for the Vale if yer cut he'd bleed black n white, perhaps a backroom job for him?

Advert

28 minutes ago, shanghai al said:

Utter rubbish.... pathetic rambling from the most biased poster on here.....

What's so rubbish about it it's the truth ,not that I care about your opinion I've watched the lad for years he is a lower end league two player .

The worrying thing is DC thinks he is good I do not ,we will not get any promotions with him in the team ,so many times where he as being  out manoeuvred and is found wanting .

Let's hope he DC knows what he is doing having witnessed all the lads performances over the years I can safely say if your having a clear out clear him out  along with the others .

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I know supporters are happy that the "deadwood" have been released and it is exciting for new blood to come in but whether you think they hit the required standard for the club or not, they are people effectively losing their jobs today and may I suggest some think on that sentiment.

I see your point but isn't this the life of a football player ? 

For example look at Cullen, he's had loads of clubs. Not many will be stacking shelves at Asda in a couple of weeks. Yes they might drop down the pyramid but it's slightly different to losing your job on a factory and having to search for a job doing literally anything. 

Clarke himself could be on the rock and roll if it goes belly up. Harsh as I sound , this is football. 

Example Doddsy, Vale, Chorley, Hanley Town. He's still getting paid for kicking a ball around .

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t they agree a pay off? That’s what the mutual consent is? 

They don’t have to. Mutual means both agree. I don’t think Robinson will because nobody will pay him as much elsewhere. I also think the sums involved for a whole year’s deal won’t save the club much money. 

Paying up a whole year of a contract only makes sense if the guy is damaging the club or we have so much money that we don’t need him around. 

Robinson probably won’t get a FL offer and his recent slight improvement probably won’t have people willing to take him off our hands. 

14 minutes ago, JRC said:

In reality it means either:

1 paying them all the remainder of their salary as a lump sum

Or

2 making the salary up at the next club

Either way its expensive. Salford pay some of Whitehead's salary I believe.

That’s the problem in a nutshell. I’d rather have Robinson as a third choice for 6 months than pay him to leave for doing nothing . 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Very sad for Scott Brown and Luke Joyce. They go with my thanks for their efforts. Losing Tom Pope is equally sad but that’s the right decision. 

Decision probably made on age and mistakes made by Brownie and Joycey this season.Not really surprised by Popey going but as you say it's all very sad and all three will be remembered for their time at Vale Park.All the best for the future to all those players who have been released.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I see your point but isn't this the life of a football player ? 

For example look at Cullen, he's had loads of clubs. Not many will be stacking shelves at Asda in a couple of weeks. Yes they might drop down the pyramid but it's slightly different to losing your job on a factory and having to search for a job doing literally anything. 

Clarke himself could be on the rock and roll if it goes belly up. Harsh as I sound , this is football. 

Example Doddsy, Vale, Chorley, Hanley Town. He's still getting paid for kicking a ball around .

Agreed 100% It is tough for players atm, but I am sure the Vale will help out with contacts in the game etc. Unfortunately we cant all be a Cavani who everyone wants and TP will hopefully show his legacy. Age catches up with us all and that is why we need a rebuild. Regards to the younger players, they still have time to prove a point. It was about time this happened. When JR was manager, he knew that any decent player would be sold, for a profit and mostly he was able to get a replacement to improve. Up to DC and DF now to do similar

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

Surely if Vale paid say 4-6 months up front, then they got fixed up elsewhere with a new 2 year contract, that would be a viable option to them.

Players don't move until they are either fixed up or been paid in full. Its a brutal business and they have a guaranteed income for the length of their contract. As Aspin found out players are happy to come in, train alone and get paid. There are absolutely no guarantees any player at our level will get a new contract, so they are both entitled and should be given what is agreed. Robinson must be on 100 grand a year .... why would he take 40 grand and risk being unemployed? He refused to look for a new club in January; so there is no reason to suppose he will do now. We are pretty much the club on his doorstep and he hasn't had a great season so clubs aren't lining up to sign him.

Certainly a bigger list than I anticipated, Scott Brown was the main shock for me, but I can only assume that DC has got replacements already lined up and at least the fans are going to have the opportunity to say goodbye to Popey next season as we did after Hughesy left us, he came out of the tunnel at half time to say goodbye to the fans..... 

Archived