onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Advert

Chuffed with that retained list. Exactly what I would of done. Hopefully he can go further with the likes of Theo etc who literally couldnt give a flying f@ck about Port Vale.

That's what you get for downing tools you bunch of dossers.

10 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Didn't Colchester want Robinson at some point? Or was that just a Twitter rumor? I'd let them have him on a free, "released by mutual agreement" isn't that the term they use, when another club just takes on a players contract when a club wants to get rid?

It’s the mutual bit. Why would Robinson willingly leave when we gave him loads of money over 2 years? 

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It’s the mutual bit. Why would Robinson willingly leave when we gave him loads of money over 2 years? 

What I mean is, how often do you see a club "releasing on mutual consent", only for the player to be signed up later that day by another club. I think it's sort of a gentleman's agreement, when a clubs wants to get rid, another club wants him and the player wants to go. Then it's a win/win/win situation 🙂

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I see Malbon isnt impressed with the ways in which Clarke has dealt with releasing pope. (On Twitter) says pope didn’t know on Saturday and should have been given a better send off. 

I doubt DC was 100% at the start of Satruday afternoon. Sure he was by the time he gave the post match interview after the 3-0 humbling.

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I see Malbon isnt impressed with the ways in which Clarke has dealt with releasing pope. (On Twitter) says pope didn’t know on Saturday and should have been given a better send off. 

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a bit tired of this. As much of a Vale legend he is, he's still a 36 year old player, like anyone else. So of course he should be treated like anyone else! As much as I like Tom, this is the right decision and I'm sure he knew himself, before he went into the meeting. If he couldn't read between the lines, then he really doesn't have all the experience, everyone is using as an argument to keep him.
Everything comes to an end, and releasing a soon to be 36 year old, is hardly the biggest surprise ever in football. Come on, let's be rational here 🙂

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

From the club  tribute statement I assume the send off/tribute  will be carried out next season , and  also a legacy project.

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t they agree a pay off? That’s what the mutual consent is? 

In reality it means either:

1 paying them all the remainder of their salary as a lump sum

Or

2 making the salary up at the next club

Either way its expensive. Salford pay some of Whitehead's salary I believe.

Crosby

Gibbo

Legge

Smith

The pile of discarded training gear that serves as a crude yet powerful art installation symbolising the bloodbath culling

Worrall

Conlon

Burgess

Amoo

Kev

Rodney

that’s the best team we can put out at the moment, so lots of work to do.

2 minutes ago, JRC said:

In reality it means either:

1 paying them all the remainder of their salary as a lump sum

Or

2 making the salary up at the next club

Either way its expensive. Salford pay some of Whitehead's salary I believe.

Surely if Vale paid say 4-6 months up front, then they got fixed up elsewhere with a new 2 year contract, that would be a viable option to them.

Archived