Retained list

2 minutes ago, mbycars said:

He has already said he wants to build a team around Conlon, Gibbons, Smith and Worrall so they are definitely staying. Can the club also afford to get rid 0f 8 other players some who are on 3 year contracts. Taylor didn't play in the periocellcelled d up to January/February  so can't be classed in your list.

I'm surprised he wants build a team around Smith he is one I want paying up and gone yes he excelled alongside Brisley and Legge but in them 3 months and sat he was abject when it was time for show he could lead he did naff all apart from let Mansfield players run past him all game .

Get him gone the other 3 I do not mind them but if Brisleys gone then Smith should be shown the door too .

How many years has he being at the club ,how many defeats has he being involved in ,yes he is young but come on we need better than him in my opinion 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mbycars said:

He has already said he wants to build a team around Conlon, Gibbons, Smith and Worrall so they are definitely staying. Can the club also afford to get rid 0f 8 other players some who are on 3 year contracts. Taylor didn't play in the period up to January/February  so can't be classed in your list.

Didn't Colchester want Robinson at some point? Or was that just a Twitter rumor? I'd let them have him on a free, "released by mutual agreement" isn't that the term they use, when another club just takes on a players contract when a club wants to get rid?

I'm surprised he wants build a team around Smith he is one I want paying up and gone yes he excelled alongside Brisley and Legge but in them 3 months and sat he was abject when it was time for show he could lead he did naff all apart from let Mansfield players run past him all game .
Get him gone the other 3 I do not mind them but if Brisleys gone then Smith should be shown the door too .
How many years has he being at the club ,how many defeats has he being involved in ,yes he is young but come on we need better than him in my opinion 
Utter rubbish.... pathetic rambling from the most biased poster on here.....
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

No one would ever thought you don't like Smith lol. I think the majority of supporters would disagree with you especially the manager who's opinion of players is the only one who matters. How do you expect the club to pay off all these contracted players some who are on 3 year deals. Take that money away and it impacts on the budget to bring in new players. Can you explain where that money is coming from.

• Like 2

Just now, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
49 minutes ago, osprey said:
Until replacements are in and playing I’ll hold judgement on whether this is a good move or not

Could go either way - new team and winning ( hopefully) or new team and Bruno repeat

Bolton did ok this season with a similar approach.

Started slow, and I reckon that often seems to be the case when teams make a massive number of changes (need that little bit longer to gel?)

"Carol Shanahans Black and White Army."

With the backing of our brilliant owners DC and DF are really now putting their necks on the block. With a complete cull and hopefully investment into "better" players surely us Valiants can actually now have a future to look forward to?

Cheers all who have left/ going to leave but as fans we are interested in some progression now and will support the NEW regime next season to the full. Bright times ahead? I for one am excited, a phrase I've not uttered for yonks supporting the mighty whites.

8 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Didn't Colchester want Robinson at some point? Or was that just a Twitter rumor? I'd let them have him on a free, "released by mutual agreement" isn't that the term they use, when another club just takes on a players contract when a club wants to get rid?

Not sure on that, but they are in dire financial straits which is why they released him in the 1st place.

Chuffed with that retained list. Exactly what I would of done. Hopefully he can go further with the likes of Theo etc who literally couldnt give a flying f@ck about Port Vale.

That's what you get for downing tools you bunch of dossers.

• Like 3

The only one I really care about is Pope. Hes done a lot and isnt someone i include in the above post of mine. Hopefully he eventually get the send off he deserves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

It’s the mutual bit. Why would Robinson willingly leave when we gave him loads of money over 2 years? 

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It’s the mutual bit. Why would Robinson willingly leave when we gave him loads of money over 2 years? 

What I mean is, how often do you see a club "releasing on mutual consent", only for the player to be signed up later that day by another club. I think it's sort of a gentleman's agreement, when a clubs wants to get rid, another club wants him and the player wants to go. Then it's a win/win/win situation 🙂