I wouldn't worry about that too much if his Bury showings are anything to go by

I just hope Pope doesn't score against us next season.

Advert:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smith played 46 league games for us in L1, in a season where if Norman hadn't flogged two of our best players, we would have stayed up. Despite one bonkers and one useless manager., and an acid fuelle

My opinion on this is that what has happened today is what many have been crying out for in an age.  Since Adams left we have promoted from within apart from the Bruno experiment. How many of us

Very sad for Scott Brown and Luke Joyce. They go with my thanks for their efforts. Losing Tom Pope is equally sad but that’s the right decision. 

Posted Images

Thats an absolutely brutal cull. I hope that he has plenty already lined up and would assume that this has been planned for a while now as its very quick. Its either going to be fantastic or a massive disaster. In Daryl we trust!

Advert:

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Does anyone else find it interesting that Hurst was extended weeks ago?

Why not wait until today, when any other players out of contract (e.g Brown, Joyce) would be offered deals? He was hardly going to attract other suitors.

May be a sign that everyone Dazzler wants is already signed up, and the rest can go.

Exciting, imho. The correct decision for Port Vale.

If we were told 1 of the 16 out of contract players would be given a new contract I don't think many would have bet on Hurst.

But I guess it makes sense to leave it to a dramatic black Monday with zero on the retained list.

Posted (edited)

Carnage. The moral is clear: don't mess with Clarke if you want a future at this club. Excellent.

But: Further meetings will take place with contracted players tomorrow and updates will be provided in due course.

Expect a further two (Burgess, Whitehead) to be transfer listed and possibly two more (Amoo and Robinson).

The future starts here 🙂

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Has the EFL made the decision about squad size next season yet?

Colin sounded pretty confident it would pass. Think it has already been discussed even if it hasn't been officially waved through

Advert:

Well done to DC and DF. Ruthless, but needed, decision making.

Will be incredibly interesting to see how many more we pay off in the coming days. Really hope it's plenty, with the exception of Wozza we should be getting rid of anyone the wrong side of 30.

No sentiment for any of the leavers bar Pope. I don't regard players who've never produced anything more than half way up the fourth division as worthy of any praise.

Ecstatic. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Row L said:

Thats an absolutely brutal cull. I hope that he has plenty already lined up and would assume that this has been planned for a while now as its very quick. Its either going to be fantastic or a massive disaster. In Daryl we trust!

I don't think it will be a massive disaster. I think it will be either fantastic or play-off defeat / mid-table disappointment.

• Like 1

The following players remain in contract for the 2021/22 season:

Leon Legge

David Amoo

Theo Robinson

Danny Whitehead

FCUKKKKKKK

Further meetings will take place with contracted players tomorrow and updates will be provided in due course.

phew - Sigh of relief | Meme Generator

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Row L said:

I'm not sure there's much downside to this decision. We've released loads of players who are on the decline and are high earners, this freeing up plenty of money to recruit players who are hungry and have scope to improve. 

• Like 2

I fully expected Brown, Joyce and maybe Brisley to get a deal so I’m really happy that space has been made in the squad. 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

FCUKKKKKKK

phew - Sigh of relief | Meme Generator

That must surely mean pay offs right? Otherwise the would have said something like the remaining players will report for fitness tests etc. Putting it together in the same statement makes it sound contract related.