Retained list

10 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Clarke will be dying get pope off the wage bill.

Even more so after his performance on Saturday. I appreciate he's lacked minutes and he didn't have his usual players around him to deliver into him but he looked unfit and well off the pace. 

I also think Clarke will see this as an opportunity to attempt as clean a slate as possible. He's already admitted he wants to build a team around Conlon.

Thanks for everything, Tom but it's time to move forward.

I wonder whether a number of players will also be transfer listed today, as well as players being released? I'm thinking of the likes of Amoo, Robinson, Whitehead and possibly Burgess

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Ive just heard from a player whos been released that everyone who was out of contract has been released 

Obviously await any official announcement but it wouldn’t surprise me. Only one I would have liked for another year is Scott Brown, just an all round great pro and person but it is a valid argument his skills have waned slightly this year so I can understand it also.

Long overdue for a change, new identity. I'd release them all* too, and also transfer list or mutually agree to release Robinson, Amoo and Whitehead.

* Pope on reduced terms subject to fitness assessment and coaching role. Brown reluctantly but age is a problem as is his occasional headless chicken like hesitancy, over the last 2 seasons he's increasingly costing us more and more points. Time to invest in someone younger.

8 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Obviously await any official announcement but it wouldn’t surprise me. Only one I would have liked for another year is Scott Brown, just an all round great pro and person but it is a valid argument his skills have waned slightly this year so I can understand it also.

Yeah i think it is maybe the right time to look for a new goal keeper. But yeah they are all gone joyce montano scott and the rest of the no good wage stealers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else find it interesting that Hurst was extended weeks ago?

Why not wait until today, when any other players out of contract (e.g Brown, Joyce) would be offered deals? He was hardly going to attract other suitors.

May be a sign that everyone Dazzler wants is already signed up, and the rest can go.

Exciting, imho. The correct decision for Port Vale.

Edited by Joe B

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Does anyone else find it interesting that Hurst was extended weeks ago?

Why not wait until today? He was hardly going to attract other suitors.

May be a sign that everyone Dazzler wants is already signed up, and the rest can go.

Exciting, imho.

And if the players that were out of contract had this feeling too, it would explain why they were so poor on Saturday. As a player I'm sure you want to play well to attract other clubs but mentally it is damaging, knowing the club you're playing for doesn't want you.

DC has made the right call if it's true he has shown the door to everyone out of contract.

sounds to me that those that have been got rid of may be starting to think themselves the lucky ones after all rather than those retained - at least they can get away from this manager (in their eyes)

before anyone starts shouting me down - personally I think it's great!

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Ive just heard from a player whos been released that everyone who was out of contract has been released 

Time will tell whether you're a wind up merchant or this is true...

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. I’ve heard that Monty has been released not sure how true that is.