Retained list

8 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Football is a village, players talk to each other. If you had a choice of two clubs and one had a manager who released your best mate from years ago and treated him badly you might chose the other one. It gives no benefit to anyone to get a reputation for being nasty.

If they’re mates with players living a bad pro lifestyle and wouldn’t join because of that then I don’t want them here anyway.

• Like 1

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Football is a village, players talk to each other. If you had a choice of two clubs and one had a manager who released your best mate from years ago and treated him badly you might chose the other one. It gives no benefit to anyone to get a reputation for being nasty.

How has he been ‘nasty’? He’s just being honest.  He has given every player he could a chance even the likes of whitehead have had a really fair go. It’s not his fault they’re not good enough / not interested. Get them all gone and start a fresh with this new recruitment model which sounds leaps ahead of anything the club has been doing for years.

We don’t want those kind of players at the club anyway, we have had to many players who seem all pally with the managers. It’s a football team and at the end of a day a business where they are paid to do a good job not be best friends and want to go out for meals with the manager  

I love the honesty from Clarke it’s a breath of fresh air and something we needed. He’s proven himself this season it’s a shame some of the players he has given plentiful chances to haven’t followed suit. That is their fault not his.  

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:
35 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:
Interesting how different people have different views, I thought that the way he was relishing getting rid of the deadwood and telling them what he thought about them was tantamount to bullying in the workplace.

Let's hope he can walk the walk like he talks the talk, we will know by Christmas I guess.

I’d say he’s already proven in his short spell that he is more than capable of this role and that he’s a much better manager than our last few! (Not difficult) 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Get yourself down to Hanley Town if you want familiar faces, I would rather see a hungry new squad pushing for promotion, even if I have never heard of many of them before

Actually this summer Hanley Town have done a big thing about getting in a new squad of (relatively) expensive players/management lol

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Actually this summer Hanley Town have done a big thing about getting in a new squad of (relatively) expensive players/management lol

How have Hanley Town managed to afford all these players they’re signing?

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

As others have said, time will tell. I don't like the way he came across in his interview. He has done OK so far but we will see in August I guess.

I think you're getting a bit carried away. He said he'd enjoy telling one or two a few home truths, he didn't say he'd be telling each and every one of them to get <ovf censored>.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If we are going to release a player there is no need to say "you were <ovf censored> so we are getting rid of you". "Sorry we can't offer you a deal, good luck finding a club" would be just as good.

You’ve got to put the comments into the context of having lost a game in the manner we did.  It strikes me that he’s still smarting from the result and performance.  He’s a bad loser.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

You’ve got to put the comments into the context of having lost a game in the manner we did.  It strikes me that he’s still smarting from the result and performance.  He’s a bad loser.  Nothing wrong with that.

Trying to make himself feel better by blaming someone else when he picked the team? I get that he is passionate but he needs to work on his PR I think.

33 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Apologise if i am wrong but haven't you been a bit anti DC on here before? as i saw it as a very good interview,i think only you has seen it any different

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Interesting how different people have different views, I thought that the way he was relishing getting rid of the deadwood and telling them what he thought about them was tantamount to bullying in the workplace.

Jesus wept its professional sport not U12's football.

• Like 4

From the word go Clarke has said it how it is .

He's been accused of being rude, prickly, umpteen other things .

What is he meant to say when in the heat of the moment a journalist doing their job asks questions such as the Pope playing his last game for the club .

He doesn't suffer fools gladly whether it be the press, opposition managers or his own players.

Some of the players have hoodwinked him today with a truly terrible performance. 

No wonder he was prickly. 

I want more of the same, sick of the nicey nicey tickle your belly Port Vale. Clarke is a winner and isn't bothered about what people think of his comments.

Keep up the good work Clarkey lad and a root and branch clearout of the dead wood will leave a clean slate and then people can judge him. 

• Like 3

Advert:

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Apologise if i am wrong but haven't you been a bit anti DC on here before? as i saw it as a very good interview,i think only you has seen it any different

A lot of managers have a rant after a game. Clark seemed to calm down a bit after his first few games. The problem with doing it is players do remember. Morsy was never going to forgive Adams after he called him a coward in an interview straight after his sending off. It's the end of the season so a lot he won't have to work with again. By and large I think in all work places a manager is better off saying harsh words in private. Adams is remembered for his odd outbursts but was generally bland in what he said but entertaining in how he said it. I never remember any from Rudge. It is tough because radio needs the interview pretty much as soon as a game ends. I'm not sure he needed to be quite so forthright in the first couple of minutes about people, many with young families, he is sacking on Monday morning.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Wouldn't surprise me if a few of our more elderly squad members surplus to requirements were to find their way down to Potteries Park.