onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

This a really tough time for players. They don't make a fortune and have a short career. I hope they have all prepared well for the day it inevitably ends and they have to pursue a new living. Good luck to them all. 

Advert

Pope is a very good player and striker at League 2 level. With a more professional football coaching regime it may be possible to extend his career by getting him very fit and following a career extending regime. But the other side of this is the financial one. Its a ruthless world and players can only be paid what they are worth to the team / squad. At the very top of the game at say Liverpool the same equations apply if they don't reach the Champions League and their stadium has been shut for over a year. 

15 hours ago, Joe B said:

Pope deserves every accolade the club can bestow, but his time as a contributing player for us has come to an end, in my view. 

Still has something to offer from the bench at this level in my view, but squad size, the fact we look like being stuck with Theo, and possibly TP's wages being the deciding factors.

16 hours ago, valeparklife said:
On 01/05/2021 at 19:17, Jacko51 said:
Has anyone seen the "programme" that came with the ST pack today?  There is a section in it with details of a lot of the backroom coaching and fitness staff.  There are eight people there and Frank Sinclair isn't one of them.  Just saying.

Who are they just out of interest?

In the order they appear in the programme -

Tommy Johnson - Recruitment Analyst

Michael Johnson - Performance Analyst

Michael Green - First Team Physio

Chris Banks - Head Physio

Ronnie Sinclair - Goalkeeping Coach

Danny Pugh - First Team Coach

Billy Paynter - Professional Development Phase Coach

Daryl Taylor - Strength and Conditioning Coach

I love the idea of The Pope leading us to promotion next season , but sadly I think manny played more games than him or maybe not . But he’s 35/36 I think he’s time is up in league 2 . DC what ever he does with Tom won’t please everyone.

On 02/05/2021 at 07:45, valeparklife said:
On 01/05/2021 at 19:17, Jacko51 said:
Has anyone seen the "programme" that came with the ST pack today?  There is a section in it with details of a lot of the backroom coaching and fitness staff.  There are eight people there and Frank Sinclair isn't one of them.  Just saying.

Who are they just out of interest?

more coaches than d & g!-----rid out😎

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

line of duty eh? wheres "h"? the ra and pa report to ftp who works for hp, the gkc aids the ftm , the pdpc works with the scc. they all report to the dof via the gm who are responsible to the coo and the ceo and ulimately, to the chair and owner. not to mention the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i think)😄:drink:

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Quality not Quantity. 🤣

The front page now has a feature on which central midfielders should stay. 

There's a fair few under contract so there's some extra votes on whether Vale should cut their losses on any of the under contract players. 

The feature is here - 

The previous votes on other positions are here - 

Coming in the next couple of days we'll cover wingers and strikers.

Tough decisions ahead for DC with players who have performed well for him like Bris and Joyce. I think Pope is an easy decision to be honest.Now is the time for a big refresh of the 1st eleven and squad players. Final thoughts the way I see it.

Release -:Dino Visser, Tom Scott, Adam Crookes, Zak Mills, Ryan Campbell-Gordon, David Fitzpatrick, Luke Joyce, Scott Brown, Dan Trickett-Smith, Tom Pope, Mark Cullen, Kurtis Guthrie, Harry McKirdy.

Renew -: Scott Brown,Cristian Montano ** both as squad players only on reduced terms.

That leaves us with -: James Gibbons, Nathan Smith,Leon Legge, Tom Conlon, Jake Taylor, Scott Burgess, Danny Whitehead, Alex Hurst, David Amoo, David Worrall, Devante Rodney, Theo Robinson.

I think we have to move on Danny Whitehead to address the balance in the squad in midfield.You could make a case for Robinson and Amoo to try and move too but I think both players are good squad players who would push for the 1st team. I would also try and find a loan for Alex Hurst.

Positions to recruit

GK - We need a genuine no.1

CB - To partner Smith in 4 or if Smith goes to RB to cover for Gibbo.

CB - Younger version of Bris to develop

LB - 1st eleven player.

DM - Joyce replacement. More physical and mobile player needed.

DM - Backup player to avoid pulling Conlon back to cover when 1st choice DM not available

AM- I think we are desperate for a ball carrier in the midfield who can play between the lines, drive at the defence and find a pass.

LM/LW - 1st team choice player

ST - 1st choice striker

ST - I would look for a young striker loan player. Swann would be perfect.I like the look of him when he's played. He has great movement and think he could score a lot goals.

That would leave us with a squad of 22 with flexibility to play several different formations. #Quality over quantity.

A very big summer indeed for DF and DC.

If Gibbo is chuggered long term that changes things, as Smith is a cracking right back and we could then sign two decent CBs with Legge as back up if it’s forced via contract.

Archived