Advert:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smith played 46 league games for us in L1, in a season where if Norman hadn't flogged two of our best players, we would have stayed up. Despite one bonkers and one useless manager., and an acid fuelle

My opinion on this is that what has happened today is what many have been crying out for in an age.  Since Adams left we have promoted from within apart from the Bruno experiment. How many of us

Very sad for Scott Brown and Luke Joyce. They go with my thanks for their efforts. Losing Tom Pope is equally sad but that’s the right decision. 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

John Askey and now,Darrell Clarke have realised that Pope is a back number.Our style of play has improved without him.I,along with others,am sick of seeing ale house football pandering to a player who scores very few,assists very few and is unable to play 2 games a week due to being grossly overweight and totally unfit.Thankyou Tom for 2012/13 but that was nearly a decade ago.Another season at the Vale would be an embarrassment to both club and player.Younger,fitter and less expensive please.People have  been talking about a testimonial.I mentioned this at the time Bury came in for him as a way of keeping him at the club.He chose the Bury shilling but couldn’t wait to get back when he was surplus at Bury,transfer listed by Flitcroft,and had a financial settlement to do so.In theory his testimonial was paid for by Bury who have paid the ultimate price for overpaying players and not what they are worth.Time for a big change and some attractive football.

Quality post and well worded.  Just because you think Tom’s time is up does not mean you disrespect what he has done over the years.

The comment about tarnishing the memories is particularly poignant - I also can’t help thinking that he wouldn’t be the most positive influence in the dressing room if he is no longer starting after several years of being ‘the main man’.  Somebody has a bad 20 minutes and it’s Tom would have buried thar / won that etc etc.  

Thanks for the memories but time to move on.  If you get a good 12 month contract then good luck to you - unless you are playing against us

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If DF can spin a deal for Robinson then the guy wants signing on a longer term deal.

2 hours ago, 1 said:

If DF can spin a deal for Robinson then the guy wants signing on a longer term deal.

As in spinning a deal to get rid, right!?!?

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Doha said:

As in spinning a deal to get rid, right!?!?

Very much so, palm him off on someone else. If he and DC can sign better players to replace those out of contract, while also pushing away under-contract deadweights that would be a genuinely fantastic job well done and one we couldn’t possibly have managed without a DOF.

Edited by 1

21 hours ago, Joe B said:

Scott Tanser has played consistently in the Scottish Prem since leaving us.

Cardle looks to have carved out a steady 2nd tier Scottish career.

As a Thistle fan, I can confirm that Joe Cardle is highly regarded above the wall and he's certainly much admired by the Thistle support.  His best days may now be behind him, but he still turns up with that wee bit of creative magic - he's scored a couple of lovely goals for us recently.   On the other hand, Alex Jones was totally hopeless in his spell with us and a pale shadow of how he played in his short stint at the Vale.   I wasn't a fan of Scott Tanser's when he was at Vale Park, but I suppose that we have to remember that he was very young - perhaps a similar situation to Adam Crookes.  If you get the chance to take in the highlights of the drubbing of Falkirk last week then you'll see some lovely football played for such a lowly division of football.  The Jags are know as the 'great unpredictables', as they have the tendency, like the Vale, to 'bottle' the big occasions, but thankfully that wasn't the case last week.  Our very own David Amoo also played at Firhill earlier on in his career.........and don't get me started on Paul Pogba's brother!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This represents a massive opportunity.
I really hope that crowds are allowed in next season.
I'm certain that there will be a rebound effect following lock down.
Combine this with the exceptional off the field progress at the club, the good end to the season, and, hopefully some exciting signings.
We could be in for some decent crowds to further the progress 

Despite all that, I'll give TylerB 5 games of next season before he starts questioning the manager, and then a further 5 before he starts his usual campaign to get him sacked

This represents a massive opportunity.
I really hope that crowds are allowed in next season.
I'm certain that there will be a rebound effect following lock down.
Combine this with the exceptional off the field progress at the club, the good end to the season, and, hopefully some exciting signings.
We could be in for some decent crowds to further the progress 
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Despite all that, I'll give TylerB 5 games of next season before he starts questioning the manager, and then a further 5 before he starts his usual campaign to get him sacked

Wasn’t wrong this season though? If we perform well he won’t. I criticised Askey early on this season as it was absolutely dire and he was taking us down. 

If we lose the first 5 games of next season I expect there will be many more than Tyler questioning the manager and the whole structure. If we’re bottom 3/4 after 10 games I expect many more would want a change as clearly something would be wrong. Don’t think it will happen as we seem to have a manager that knows how to win football games no matter what and I’m thoroughly looking forward to who (if any players) are retained and who we bring in. 

Advert:

7 hours ago, 1 said:

Really? No thanks

Advert:

25 minutes ago, dishydave said:

This thread is going to go crazy on Monday when he releases everyone out of contract

Listening to DC's interview its a strong possibility

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:

What's he said?

Talking about the amount of work going on behind the scenes for recruitment. To me in hinted that it was a lot of players. 15:40 with George Andrews he talks about it in a bit more detail

• Like 1