Retained list

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, dishydave said:
I wouldn't be surprised if people like joyce and Monty have those appearance clauses in their contracts like Legge to automatically extend for another year.

Joyce had that last season and chose to activate it. I'd be amazed if it applied again

Hope he dosent have one. Needs releasing been beyond bad this season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Think we'd of heard mate. Seemed quite common knowledge about Legge and Clarke basically said if I pick him he plays. 

No mention with Joyce and Monty. And I don't imagine 26 appearances by Monty will trigger anything. 

I think he has reason to be very worried personally despite liking him 

I agree but why would he have had a precautionary day off at Morecambe knowing that every game could add up to earning himself a contract, unless he thought the risk was too severe if he did get properly injured.

the retained list will likely be like whaaa? but that might be the old Vale...

On 29/03/2021 at 22:53, Danish Valiant said:

Have been wondering this for a while, and have to ask:
Why have it become the sole responsibility of the 2 lowest leagues, to develop U21 players? 

The EFL realises it decreases competitiveness, as it rises to 25 players over 21 in the Championship. So once again, the sole responsibility falls on the lowest in the pegging order.

Heard of any of these U-21s?

A brilliant Xl of players eligible for England Under-21s' Euro squad - Planet Football

9 hours ago, 1 said:

I agree but why would he have had a precautionary day off at Morecambe knowing that every game could add up to earning himself a contract, unless he thought the risk was too severe if he did get properly injured.

the retained list will likely be like whaaa? but that might be the old Vale...

I agree. Didn't Clarke say he literally pulled out at 1-15 hence Gibbons rushed back. 

I actually missed if it was injury or illness. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I agree. Didn't Clarke say he literally pulled out at 1-15 hence Gibbons rushed back. 

Just said ‘precaution’ I think, but if that was me I’d be like <ovf censored> precaution I’m trying to get paid here.

Edited by 1

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Or the weather

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Monty back in the starting 11.  Clarke clearly not too narked about his late withdrawal from the team last week - indicates he is also firmly in his plans

For this season at least. 

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Rushing players back in isn’t ideal. Gibbo suffered from that under Askey earlier this season and I think Amoo did too. Just shows the pressure that managers face in having to do that. 

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I noticed that DC said Hurst had been in negotiations for a while with the club so i wonder if that would of started before DC came in

Irrelevant. If DC didn't want him, new contract talks would have ended.

I think, with the credit opposition fans / managers are giving to our defence that there isn't as much work needed there? Sort out the GK position so we have an experienced first-teamer, with a reliable second choice. Bring in a wing back who is comfortable playing  both L or R side, and I'd be happy with that - maybe, a young CB as backup? Then we need a good CF - even if that means taking 3 or 4 players' wages to pay for him? 

Biggest problem for me, now, is strengthening that midfield. I'd suggest we need a DM, and a playmaker. We have a few players of getting forward in support of the attack, and capable of adding a few goals. But we need those 2, dynamic players in centre mid...imo, of course!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Where’s Crookes and Mills??? Seem to have disappeared.

Both out injured. Crookes did his hamstring and Mills is out for the season with a shoulder injury. 

Edited by PV1973