Hopefully with Clarke, Flitcroft and Crosby at the club, they should have some decent contacts especially if we can free up some funds. I’m talking about actual not the same contacts as Bruno promised. 

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smith played 46 league games for us in L1, in a season where if Norman hadn't flogged two of our best players, we would have stayed up. Despite one bonkers and one useless manager., and an acid fuelle

I know supporters are happy that the "deadwood" have been released and it is exciting for new blood to come in but whether you think they hit the required standard for the club or not, they are people

My opinion on this is that what has happened today is what many have been crying out for in an age.  Since Adams left we have promoted from within apart from the Bruno experiment. How many of us

Posted Images

Not feeling the Hurst deal... needs to improve a hell of a lot to be a regular 1st teamer.

Feels like a gamble to me given we don't know the size of the squad allowance for next season and he will count towards the over 21's.

• Like 3

I’m happy with Hurst re-signing. He’s only played 19 league games let’s not forget so it’s unfair to write him off. Sure he went off the boil his last few games, but in some of his earlier appearances he was one of our best players, and that was the first time he was playing in the league! 

I think you’ve also got to consider the circumstances he’s been playing under. He was playing in a team dreadfully low on confidence, on a run of 3 wins in 25. Most young players in that scenario aren’t going to set the world on fire, I’m sure it would help him more playing in a team that’s playing better football.

And like others have suggested, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan to the national league. He made the jump straight from national league north to league 2 so it might be part of our plan to get him some regular playing time at a higher level than before. 

At the end of the day, Clarke and Flitcroft have obviously liked what they’ve seen from him. He’s a good lad and always puts the effort in, and if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hurst was on my list of ones to keep so I'm pretty chuffed.

When most of our so called seasoned pros decided to down tools for a few months, he step up and was one of the only bright sparks. Young, hungry, versatile, good work ethic, great energy, pretty good delivery from out wide. I think Clarke will be able to mold him into a great player.

• Like 4

Advert:

27 minutes ago, Mario said:

Its going to be mayhem when the retained list comes out

Certainly be interesting going on this weeks developments.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Be an implosion on here that's for sure. 

wipe the floor and start from scratch. ideal time for the cull!🥶:please::drink:

Advert:

22 hours ago, dishydave said:

Surely they are planning to send him on loan to develop because he's way off a promotion team standard even as back up

I take it he wouldn’t count as a registered player in our squad if he goes out on loan, regardless of the cap size?

if he’s staying in the reduced squad I’m sorry but that’s <ovf censored> mental. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hurst will be another Dior Angus who just gets passed around then leaves. But maybe they see something in him, must do I guess.

Edited by 1

20 hours ago, Mario said:

Its going to be mayhem when the retained list comes out

There will no doubt be some surprises, but can’t blame DC regarding <ovf censored> players who have another year’s contract. We’ll never no whether he wanted them gone or not, or tried to get rid of them. But handing new contracts to some of them would be a madness surely he will steer clear of.

I wouldn't be surprised if people like joyce and Monty have those appearance clauses in their contracts like Legge to automatically extend for another year.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I wouldn't be surprised if people like joyce and Monty have those appearance clauses in their contracts like Legge to automatically extend for another year.

Think we'd of heard mate. Seemed quite common knowledge about Legge and Clarke basically said if I pick him he plays. 

No mention with Joyce and Monty. And I don't imagine 26 appearances by Monty will trigger anything. 

I think he has reason to be very worried personally despite liking him 

Edited by darren1810
Additional text

Advert:

Joyce had that last season and chose to activate it. I'd be amazed if it applied again

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, dishydave said:

Joyce had that last season and chose to activate it. I'd be amazed if it applied again

Once bitten........!