I'd be very surprised to see Tom Pope in a Vale shirt again, he doesn't fit the recruitment policy at all. He's been a great player but it's time to move on and why would the club want him in a coaching capacity? 

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smith played 46 league games for us in L1, in a season where if Norman hadn't flogged two of our best players, we would have stayed up. Despite one bonkers and one useless manager., and an acid fuelle

My opinion on this is that what has happened today is what many have been crying out for in an age.  Since Adams left we have promoted from within apart from the Bruno experiment. How many of us

I know supporters are happy that the "deadwood" have been released and it is exciting for new blood to come in but whether you think they hit the required standard for the club or not, they are people

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

I'd be very surprised to see Tom Pope in a Vale shirt again, he doesn't fit the recruitment policy at all. He's been a great player but it's time to move on and why would the club want him in a coaching capacity? 

does pope even want to be a coach? has he done his badges? that’s down to him. he may feel he has a year or so left in him so i’m sure he will look to play for a club who will give him game time. personally i think he’s done at Vale and fans are finding it hard to let go (which is understandable) he’s not the player he was but a league below he’d do well for a club and help them get back into the league and i’m sure conference clubs and conference north clubs will be looking at him. He’s not a 36 year old who looks after himself and looks agile and fit. that’s just not him. seeing him lately from pics online he looks like he’s packed on the pounds since he’s been injured 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, llcoolj said:

He's still the best striker on our books as of right now, the one likely to score the most goals if given a run of games and half decent service. Despite his age.

Edited by Beech
  • Confused 1

Rubbish

He's still the best striker on our books as of right now, the one likely to score the most goals if given a run of games and half decent service. Despite his age.

Advert:

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, Beech said:
So who do we have that's better? 

Rodneys scored more in 1 season than pope has in 2.

He's not a striker though. He may end up there but right now he's far better off out wide where he's not getting fondled and groped all game by two 6'4 centre-backs.

I'd certainly still fancy Pope to convert a chance over Guthrie and Robinson, even if both have somewhat improved their performance levels of late.

Edited by Beech

We'll have to respectfully disagree I think

He's not a striker though. He may end up there but right now he's far better off out wide where he's not getting fondled and groped all game by two 6'4 centre-backs.
I'd certainly still fancy Pope to score a chance over Guthrie and Robinson, although both have somewhat improved their performance levels of late.

1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

Why’s he not even making the bench then? Saving him for next season?

He's coming back from injury. But Guthrie and Robinson have performed decently of late so he'll have to wait for his chance like anyone else would.

1 hour ago, Beech said:

So who do we have that's better? 

Not the point, looking ahead to next season he doesn't fit the criteria that the manager and DOF are planning. He's probably better on one leg than Guthrie and Robinson but I'd hope we will be signing better than Guthrie and we're stuck with Robinson unless he can be offloaded

Advert:

6 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

Not the point, looking ahead to next season he doesn't fit the criteria that the manager and DOF are planning. He's probably better on one leg than Guthrie and Robinson but I'd hope we will be signing better than Guthrie and we're stuck with Robinson unless he can be offloaded

I wouldn't be looking to keep any of them. But if Pope remained as a 3rd of 4th choice striker I'd be okay with that.

On 11/04/2021 at 09:55, valiant steve said:

I'd keep Brown, Smith, Gibbo, Monty, Conlon, Worrall (best player we have) Taylor, Pope.

Possibly Legge.

I'd add a reserve keeper, a LB, a RB, two CB, two CM, two wingers, two strikers. 

That's 20, which may be all we can have, depending on the latest developments on the rules.

Then whatever youngsters we fan add with potential. 

I'm not sure Tom Conlon will stay on his current contact if the numbers published are correct?

Sproson pointed this out the other week.

Its OK saying we will keep player x but that’s not the clubs decision as player x may not want to stay. They can offer contracts but the player is free to reject the offer.

17 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I'm not sure Tom Conlon will stay on his current contact if the numbers published are correct?

I've missed this ?

Have wage figures been released ? 

Advert:

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Google Port Vale 2021 wages

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-two/port-vale/

Sources - Press releases, news & articles, online encyclopedias & databases, industry experts & insiders. We find the information so you don't have to!

Definitely all 100% correct then. Definitely. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well Manny and Mitch Clarke have gone. I think Cullen and Amoo might be out of contract. TP will probably be released with the emergence of DR. That’ll free up quite a substantial amount of wages. There should be enough money there to renegotiate Conlon current contract. What about the loan players that we have, should we make offers to their parent clubs with a view to signing them.?

• Like 1