onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

1 hour ago, Doha said:

This squad has had its chance. Flitcroft has mentioned a few times now about return vs investment, i.e. underdelivering for the wages they're on. He's been doing that for a reason, it's a warning. 

"Keep the spine and get some quality backup" is what was being said last summer. They're a year even older now.

Bored of the same mistakes. Bored of being in this embarrassing league. Bored of tinpot nobodies with lower revenue and comparatively sunday league facilities beating us to signings. No more. 

The teams at the top of the league have 25-30 y/o cores with higher league experience and good fitness records. Not all fit that demographic obvs but it’s no coincidence. Pope, Brown, Legge, fringe players like Burgess who realistically may have a bit about them, they are the growing pains you have to sacrifice to get better. Ruthless, black and white decisions based on who will get us out of the league. Monty maybe and Manny with injuries is the other concern, but only DC can comment on that because he has the medical data (now) to see if they are up for a promotion push. 

Advert

Let’s hope Cullen, Guthrie, Swan and Pope are earning enough to redirect into 2 top quality league two strikers. Supported by Rodney, I guess Robinson (though if we could pay him off that would be great) and other attacking threats like Worrall, we’re laughing.

We have gone 5 straight wins and some people still want a major clear out, Clarke obviously has the knack of getting the best out of players. This was not the case with the previous management. There was obviously a major problem within the squad/management last year, looks like we are over that. With how the squad is performing now there does not need to be to big a turnover of players. Let’s leave it to the “Tinkerman” to sort out.

I’m as delighted as anyone that we are on a great run, but with the right recruitment policy in the summer there’s no reason why that can’t become a normal thing. This league is awful and looking at the prospective ups and downs the league is going to be even worse next season!

Get Bolton and Tranmere gone and the rest are little crappy teams. Bradford show no signs of life and the less said about Salford the better.

FGR, Morecambe, bloody Cheltenham - come on Flitcroft get us out of here, these jokers should not be our competition.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

A reminder that Amoo, Robinson, and Whitehead have another year on their deals. 

If he wants them gone they will be gone,just the same as if he wants a player where a fee of some kind will need to be paid then i am certain we will pay it.

On a side note,i know some dont like Joyce but i think he does a valuable job and he is probably a hard one to replace if he went,i remember Callum Guy when he was on loan here but does he play a similar role as Joyce for Carlisle? as i notice he has won the most tackles and interceptions in the division

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Guy will go to a clever club in a higher division, I imagine.

He was just an example of younger players who could do Joyce's job

I saw someone put they expect 6 quality players in but despite our good run i fully expect a lot more than that,plans are being made for a mass clear out i would guess

40 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Bit naughty that (Chesterfield did the same) although imagine a lot of clubs have done it but had the noggin not to announce it public like Barrow bizarrely did!

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, it's an absolutely disgusting exploration of the system put in place, to protect businesses going under. It really should be illegal!
It's literally the tax payers, helping Barrow to a new squad. 

29 minutes ago, 1 said:

The teams at the top of the league have 25-30 y/o cores with higher league experience and good fitness records. Not all fit that demographic obvs but it’s no coincidence. Pope, Brown, Legge, fringe players like Burgess who realistically may have a bit about them, they are the growing pains you have to sacrifice to get better. Ruthless, black and white decisions based on who will get us out of the league. Monty maybe and Manny with injuries is the other concern, but only DC can comment on that because he has the medical data (now) to see if they are up for a promotion push. 

Spot on. 

Football in unbelievably cyclical.

We need to start a new one this summer. 

12 minutes ago, Doha said:

Spot on. 

Football in unbelievably cyclical.

We need to start a new one this summer. 

Having worked at an academy for 20 years, I can tell you it's absolutely devastating!
You get to now your players, and it's almost like a small family. You spend 5 days a week with them sometimes even more. 
So to cut players, never ever gets easy! It's the one part of the job, every coach hates! 

We have flirted with relegation for 3 out of 4 seasons with this squad by and large, yet for some people 5 games and 1 manager trumps that

We have gone 5 straight wins and some people still want a major clear out, Clarke obviously has the knack of getting the best out of players. This was not the case with the previous management. There was obviously a major problem within the squad/management last year, looks like we are over that. With how the squad is performing now there does not need to be to big a turnover of players. Let’s leave it to the “Tinkerman” to sort out.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

We have flirted with relegation for 3 out of 4 seasons with this squad by and large, yet for some people 5 games and 1 manager trumps that

Couldn't have put it better myself! Some people really do have short term memory or at the very least, a selective memory.
They might have performed for the first 5 games and the last 5 games. It's just a shame there's about 40 games of absolute <ovf censored> in between those 😅

And if he can win 5 on the trot with this lot, imagine what he can do with his own squad of actual good players!

I’m excited to see what DC can do with a squad that is more talented, leaner and more balanced. I think it’s brilliant that it’s not just “everything stays the same but we’ll change the manager.” Clarke’s just one part of a widespread culture and professionalism change, which means even if he fails in ‘ultimate’ goals, the club is moving forward and stabilising, so we don’t keep falling back to square one every time a new manager comes in.

Archived