onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Just now, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:
If Theo moves on, that would be an incredible achievement. I’d know if I was him, I’d want to fight for my place. I can’t see anyone else daft enough to give him money anywhere else. 

We did. So someone else might

Maybe colchester 

Advert

56 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:
I'm also pleased that Amoo is staying. Yes, he can be anonymous for 89 minutes but then produce one cross or shot that wins the game.
Keep him fit and he's an asset in this division.

Given that he is likely one of the higher earners currently, shouldn't we expect more than a player who regularly goes missing for 89 minutes of 90?

Depends if you want the squad to include a 'luxury' player, whose main attribute is the capability of producing match-winning moments in games, or just fill the squad entirely with outfield players that will run their b0ll0cks off for 90 minutes?

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

I'd prefer it - our best ever front pairing in my view was Foyle and Naylor. Just excellent to watch and effective too.

Thanks for mentioning my all time favourite. Foyle !. 

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

Reckon Taylor and Hurst will be expected to benefit from a proper preseason, and be first choices come August.

If Conlon and Taylor can hit the goals next season as they've done previously at their best, they would be a formidable attacking duo with a solid defensive midfielder behind them and Devante, Wozza and a new striker up front. It's all to play for. 

Depends if you want the squad to include a 'luxury' player, whose main attribute is the capability of producing match-winning moments in games, or just fill the squad entirely with outfield players that will run their b0ll0cks off for 90 minutes?
I can't remember the last time he did that

A few things to mention on going forward. Interesting that he asked for patience from the fans on recruitment. Sounds like things either might go quiet for a bit or they drip feed the signings in over the summer. I like the idea of a bus turning up one day, the doors open, Jim Gannon runs off it screaming and 15 new footballers get out. 

Thats my number one fantasy right now to be honest...

No real surprises with Whitehead, Burgess and Theo. I'm sure they knew the writing was on the wall.

I'm really excited by the opportunities a huge squad change brings. I'm intrigued what style and pattern of play we will adopt next season. DC always says winning football whenever asked but the players recruited will  give us a big clue about the Flickers/ DC era.

I just hope we don't bring in another lot of journeyman BUT I trust the process and would be amazed if we did. I expect we will make VP as wide as possible to create a home advantage and recruits with that in mind.

#RZlegend

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

In my biased opinion I am beginning to suspect that this is not about what is best for Port Vale Football Club, this is just about proving a point for Clarke. I think he is quick to take the credit for success but quick to blame others if it goes wrong. We will recruit players who are clever enough to say what they think he wants to hear.

Wow that is all

10 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly Lancy. I personally am disappointed to see Browny go, i think it's purely an age thing with him.

I was also sad to see Neal leave and Alnwick.

The king is dead long live the king.

Of those three, I think Alnwick would have turned out to be the better keeper!

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

Naylor was technically gifted, he wasn't as good as Bogie in that sense but for a small striker, some of his first touches were incredible. I think people forget just how great he was for us. 

His flick up and shot here against Birmingham was outrageous. You could argue Mills and Naylor were our best front pair.

That Mills headed equaliser against Stoke in '97... I remember sat in the Bycars thinking of all the abuse I was going to get in school by Stoke fans the next day and then Mills pops up in front of the keeper. Those atmospheres were electric against Stoke.

Great video - and three great goals. Think it was that game when Trevor Francis left the ground saying it was unacceptable to lose to teams like Port Vale. Hopefully, we'll be doing it again 😀👍

28 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Of those three, I think Alnwick would have turned out to be the better keeper!

Yes he could have been the long term keeper but hey ho.

I’m really interested to see who Clarke gets to replace Brown because he was a seasoned, successful, well-liked pro who could have done a good job next season. Don’t get me wrong I would have released him too, but it would have been easy to just offer him a new deal.

We seem to be in a place now where we won’t accept players who can just do an acceptable job; Clarke wants players who will do a good job. That’s a huge difference.

I’m really interested to see who Clarke gets to replace Brown because he was a seasoned, successful, well-liked pro who could have done a good job next season. Don’t get me wrong I would have released him too, but it would have been easy to just offer him a new deal.
We seem to be in a place now where we won’t accept players who can just do an acceptable job; Clarke wants players who will do a good job. That’s a huge difference.
We have been waiting for this as a club for a long time.

2 hours ago, 1 said:

If we end up with a first team squad of players who will do a good job, that will be a mahooosive difference!!

7 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, I agree with your point on Burgess. I thought that the 2019/2020 season him and Taylor complemented each other and it was a decent partnership. That’s why I was disappointed that Taylor went off to Scunthorpe at the beginning of last season. 

Totally agree that both Burgess and Taylor were superb last term, a real bonus. What on earth has happened to the pair of them?The amount of quality work (and running) they did was epitomised at the Etihad, I do hope Clarke has a keeper in mind? brown in my opinion would have done a job, perhaps bring in a younger guy to share the workload?

Archived