onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

DC must have a really good replacement lined up to be confident of canning the goalkeeper thats played in every game this season.

Scott Brown was an ever present in the league during the three seasons he played for us. The last time we had somebody other than Brown in goal for a league game was on the 5th of May 2018, aka Patrick van Aanholt day.

Advert

4 minutes ago, dishydave said:
16 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:
Well he’d better hit the ground running next season with no excuses. It’ll be his team so good luck to him. 
I tend to find that those who live by the sword die by the sword. Very disappointed to see Brown and Montano leaving. 
I felt until DF came in there wasn’t enough footballing knowledge on the board. Now I’m wondering if there is too much influence and Carol and Kev have any say, what so ever.

They shouldn't have any say on which players get released and for the ones that get brought in their only real input should be can we afford them and are they of good character

I would set criteria for how their money is to be spent. There has to be an underlying model to be successful without unlimited resources. So we can see Brentford has a model that's done well. Accrington Stanley have an approach and a key person delivering it. At the top level Burnley have a model. So, what will our model be?

5 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Well I guess we are in the hands of DC... 

not sure where all the replacement players are coming from.... with all the coaches we have employed I would have thought we were looking to improve players not constantly change the squad each season.

how do you bring in 15 players who are better  than the players we ve released  without having any greater bargaining tools to attract them with than other league 2 clubs....

we shall see but I don’t think it will be plain sailing.

10 of those 15 will not take any problem in replacing with better players

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

He left for Bury because Scumwaite slashed something like 60% off his wages in a deliberate attempt to get him off the wage bill.

incidently we’re still waiting for him to be replaced by someone better for half the money.

I’m not disputing that, fair play to him for going, like I said it’s his job after all. But then after leaving for money reasons people can’t expect the club to pay him when he’s no longer worth the money at age 36 just purely for sentimental reasons.

26 minutes ago, Powerline said:

People on social media do amaze me. Seen some people basically saying we should’ve kept Pope just for sentimental reasons and to give him a chance to say bye to the fans. But then these same people will moan about not getting promotion because we’ve pissed a wage up the wall on a striker who isn’t good enough for the first team.

Let’s not forget, Pope left us years ago for the money at Bury. Which is fair enough, it’s his job. But then why do some people expect the club to keep paying him for another year when he’s past it. He can’t have it both ways.

I’ve seen similar. One person in particular who seems completely obsessed with the man. He’s past his best get it and move on, they doing my head in. As you say they want us to progress, that won’t happen if we keeping players like pope well past their best and still on a very good wage. Makes no sense. 

They aren't daft - they know the hard bit is still to come.

How effective we are (or aren't) at signing replacements this summer won't be what determines whether or not the clearout today was justified. 

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Putting a lot of faith in a manager who has achieved one relegation and one promotion from League 2 5 years ago. 

It's really time you learned that there are no certainties in football. Which means, there are always uncertainties.

34 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Because I’d suggest that Crosby is the better coach who has been assistant in the EPL and leagues higher than Dutton. They have been known for ripping up trees, at Walsall.

As a Valiant he has my 100% support but if it goes wrong there’s no excuses.

Crosby maybe a stop gap for a few months.

30 minutes ago, Santa said:

I'd much rather the running of the football side was left to the football people.

Our previous owner had quite a large input on who we signed and look where that got us.

Carol obviously saw it this way when appointing a DoF.  From what was said in the recent interviews it was clearly, and understandably, difficult being objective when making some decision whilst having the emotional connection of being a fan. As Carol said herself, she rates Flickers as her best signing.

Flitcroft impressed the fans with a lot of convincing talk when he arrived.

The next 2-3 weeks will define him. He's got a good amount of money and squad space to work with, and the freedom + control to shape it. He, as it was suggested by Clarke, should have been working on this and now it's a case of hitting 'Go' on the best players that have been identified. Clarke knew Saturday evening (and probably weeks ago) that everyone was going.

In an ideal world, Flitters has a Top 5 Targets for each gap in the squad, identified through data, watching in person/video, character reviews, cost, and suitability for the type of team Clarke wants to assemble. Clark ticks his favourite, and doesn't hear from it again till the player is holding a scarf up in the Lorne Street.

Matrix has a massive summer.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Flitcroft impressed the fans with a lot of convincing talk when he arrived.

The next 2-3 weeks will define him. He's got a good amount of money and squad space to work with, and the freedom + control to shape it. He, as it was suggested by Clarke, should have been working on this and now it's a case of hitting 'Go' on the best players that have been identified.

In an ideal world, Flitters has a Top 5 Targets for each gap in the squad, identified through data, watching in person/video, character reviews, cost, and suitability for the type of team Clarke wants to assemble. Clark ticks his favourite, and doesn't hear from it again till the player is holding a scarf up in the Lorne Street.

Matrix has a massive summer.

Not forgetting our Recruitment Analyst, Tommy Johnson.  Over to you Tom.  No pressure.

Archived