onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

11 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
1 hour ago, ValeForever. said:
The way the statement reads on the official site, I think we can expect more to leave tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me to see Theo, Burgess & Whitehead all leave. Potentially even Amoo.

I would have thought its more likely that they will have been told to see if they can find another club as they are unlikely to feature for us. If come the end of the June they haven't got themselves sorted then mutual payouts would be considered, whether thats a top up of the wages they can get elsewhere or figure that they are happy with to walk away from their contract.

This is where players need their agents because not only will clubs try to get away with paying as little as possible to settle their deal, they could also resort to all the standard tactics of making them train alone etc when preseason comes. Hopefully we can get the ones we don’t want off the books with the minimum of fuss.

I must admit to being surprised at the extent of the rebuild job that we’re going to be undertaking, I didn’t expect everyone to go who was out of contract, but I’m under no illusion that we’ve been looking at potential targets since the new management team took over.  

Advert

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’ll be interesting who we sign in the short term, keeping in mind a lot of the better, proven, players tend to hold out for the best deal possible ‘til later in the summer.

They may be happy to sign a decent contract, offered early, rather than have that uncertainty?

I’ve just read that Danny Pugh has left the club. Carol said she wanted him to stay for a long time. I hope it’s Danny’s choice and he has something lined up. Thank you Danny, the points that you got for us when we were in trouble were invaluable. All the best and good luck in the future

9 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Carnage. The moral is clear: don't mess with Clarke if you want a future at this club. Excellent.

But: Further meetings will take place with contracted players tomorrow and updates will be provided in due course.

Expect a further two (Burgess, Whitehead) to be transfer listed and possibly two more (Amoo and Robinson).

The future starts here 🙂

Hope Amoo goes too

8 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Previously, I'd have been worried and certain that he'd go but we can be sure that DF and DC will make him the best offer we can manage:

Top paid player

Club captain

Pivotal point of the whole team

Promotion drive

Stay locally close to his family

Part of the Shanahan Future for Port Vale

So, does he want that or to sit on the bench at Charlton?

Good luck to the lad whatever he does but these days WE are going to compete to keep our best players.

We will not complete with ' a Charlton ' offering good money and league 1 football.

Offer what we can, within reason but a good offer would also be good for the Vale, if money given to the right man !!

People on social media do amaze me. Seen some people basically saying we should’ve kept Pope just for sentimental reasons and to give him a chance to say bye to the fans. But then these same people will moan about not getting promotion because we’ve pissed a wage up the wall on a striker who isn’t good enough for the first team.

Let’s not forget, Pope left us years ago for the money at Bury. Which is fair enough, it’s his job. But then why do some people expect the club to keep paying him for another year when he’s past it. He can’t have it both ways.

6 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

If Dutton is coming, does that mean that we lose the services of Crosby. I might be missing something but why the excitement of Clarke&Dutton. Yes they were successful at Bristol Rovers but that was over five years ago. Please let me know if I’m missing something, thanks

Why not Dutton

Who knows anything about him ? I would suggest Clarke knows everything.

We are giving Clarke 100% backing to bring in players so why not his own assistant

Five years ago was also Clarkes success

Well he’d better hit the ground running next season with no excuses. It’ll be his team so good luck to him. 
I tend to find that those who live by the sword die by the sword. Very disappointed to see Brown and Montano leaving. 
I felt until DF came in there wasn’t enough footballing knowledge on the board. Now I’m wondering if there is too much influence and Carol and Kev have any say, what so ever.

3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Why not Dutton

Who knows anything about him ? I would suggest Clarke knows everything.

We are giving Clarke 100% backing to bring in players so why not his own assistant

Five years ago was also Clarkes success

Because I’d suggest that Crosby is the better coach who has been assistant in the EPL and leagues higher than Dutton. They have been known for ripping up trees, at Walsall.

As a Valiant he has my 100% support but if it goes wrong there’s no excuses.

7 minutes ago, Powerline said:

People on social media do amaze me. Seen some people basically saying we should’ve kept Pope just for sentimental reasons and to give him a chance to say bye to the fans. But then these same people will moan about not getting promotion because we’ve pissed a wage up the wall on a striker who isn’t good enough for the first team.

Let’s not forget, Pope left us years ago for the money at Bury. Which is fair enough, it’s his job. But then why do some people expect the club to keep paying him for another year when he’s past it. He can’t have it both ways.

He left for Bury because Scumwaite slashed something like 60% off his wages in a deliberate attempt to get him off the wage bill.

incidently we’re still waiting for him to be replaced by someone better for half the money.

6 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I felt until DF came in there wasn’t enough footballing knowledge on the board. Now I’m wondering if there is too much influence and Carol and Kev have any say, what so ever.

I'd much rather the running of the football side was left to the football people.

Our previous owner had quite a large input on who we signed and look where that got us.

Well he’d better hit the ground running next season with no excuses. It’ll be his team so good luck to him. 
I tend to find that those who live by the sword die by the sword. Very disappointed to see Brown and Montano leaving. 
They shouldn't have any say on which players get released and for the ones that get brought in their only real input should be can we afford them and are they of good character

Archived