onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Didn't see that coming, I know for a fact he was heavily involved in community stuff just last week. Must have something lined up. 
If nothing else, it shows who is now calling the shots re player and staff retention/recruitment, as it was only in February wasn't it that Carol made it a condition of any appointment that Pugh was kept on (though she may have meant only in the short term)

Advert

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Pugh now gone too.

From odds on favourite for the permanent job to being let go.

Clarke is very keen to rebuild this club from the foundations, it seems. Sinclair seems to have vanished as well.

Dutton to come in as coach after his Walsall sacking?

This is 100% one of those "I heard off someone who heard off someone" but a fellow Vale fan told me the other day that Legge and Sinclair came to blows after a match, on the floor of the changing rooms type situation and I laughed at the unverified rumour, but then Legge wasn't in the squad on Saturday and Sinclair's son was playing for Mansfield and I thought 'Maybe there was something there'. But I want to stress, this might be utter rubbish, it also might be old news amongst Vale fans and I'm really late to the party.

36 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Pugh now gone too.

From odds on favourite for the permanent job to being let go.

Clarke is very keen to rebuild this club from the foundations, it seems. Sinclair seems to have vanished as well.

Dutton to come in as coach after his Walsall sacking?

Can't say I'm overly surprised as Clarke never seemed too keen on the 'Pugh love-in' when the local media were constantly banging on about him as though he was the coaching future of the club - even during Clarke's first press conference, one of the questions was about how he would develop and progress Pugh.

No comment from Clarke in that statement about Pugh leaving. A gushing one from Garlick though........wonder how much influence Garlick had after Askey was sacked, in regards to the apparent desire to let Pugh have the job until the end of the season?!

1 hour ago, Nottingham Valiant said:

Massively shocked about Brown.  If we can find a better league 2 keeper than him I would be hugely surprised.  The rest you can't argue with too much apart from maybe Brisley and Montano.  I would have give Tom another year but I suppose there's no sentiment.  Clarke has piled a huge amount of pressure on himself and Flitcroft to replace and replace them to a better standard.

Agree 100% about Scott Brown

I  am very uneasy with what is going on!

2 hours ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Pope will easily get another contract at a decent League Two club, possibly even on a two year deal. It’s sad that he’s gone but the club has to move forward and play a more dynamic type of football with some legs in the side.

Adam Yates said, earlier, on RS,that Pope has been offered deals elsewhere.

Agree 100% about Scott Brown
 I  am very uneasy with what is going on!
Browns stats don't make good reading but hey let's keep those that have had us looking over our shoulders at the national league trap door

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

The money those 4 you mention was on will easily afford good replacements. 3 are in their mid 30s and declining, and the other can never be relied on. I'd say the older lads were on the three biggest wages at the club, bar Legge and Worrall.

The decision isn't Theo or Tom.

Why are you obsessed with age, plenty of footballers can still play effectively in their mid 30's plus.

Tom Pope hasn't had the best of seasons, he didn't get off to the best start viz Twitter then got injured by the cowardly challenge at Sunderland but when he has played he's shown he is still among the best leaders of the line in Lge 2, knows where the net is and some of the best testimonies to the current Tom Pope as a footballer have been by commentators of other teams on iFollow. He still has at least one good season left in him.

I never said or implied the decision was between Pope and Robinson, just comparing.

All Vale fans have to hope that DC/DF get the recruitment right as a "Keep out of the Nationwide Lge dogfight " happens all too quickly.

Well I guess we are in the hands of DC... 

not sure where all the replacement players are coming from.... with all the coaches we have employed I would have thought we were looking to improve players not constantly change the squad each season.

how do you bring in 15 players who are better  than the players we ve released  without having any greater bargaining tools to attract them with than other league 2 clubs....

we shall see but I don’t think it will be plain sailing.

Archived