onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Advert

15 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Some deserve to lose their jobs. I’m sad for the likes of pope, Monty, brown, brisley and Joyce who always gave their best but players like mckirdy have leached off the club for long enough. 

His attitude has been questioned previously but he made 8 appearances (6 as sub) this past season in the league, deselected by Pugh from the 22 man squad and then brought back in to prove himself for the last 2 games (subbed on v Grimsby) 

A lot goes on behind the scenes that we don't see but when he was deselected he went off to play for Leicester U23s, he didn't just down tools.

DC even said it was his confidence that was an issue rather than his attitude as to why he wasn't being played. I'm not surprised reading some comments in here. 😀

21 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I have also heard that charlton are interested in conlon i pray to god that is has no substance 

Previously, I'd have been worried and certain that he'd go but we can be sure that DF and DC will make him the best offer we can manage:

Top paid player

Club captain

Pivotal point of the whole team

Promotion drive

Stay locally close to his family

Part of the Shanahan Future for Port Vale

So, does he want that or to sit on the bench at Charlton?

Good luck to the lad whatever he does but these days WE are going to compete to keep our best players.

11 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

It comes with the territory of being a professional football.

I dare say many of them should've thought about the consequences of downing tools for a good three months this season. It should be an honour to put on the Port Vale shirt and quite frankly some of them took the piss and disrespected all of us with what happened over the winter. Good riddance. 

And to be fair, they don't have a right to be pro footballers. It's a privilege you earn, not one you're entitled to. Look at Ricky Miller, he had his demons, was released and worked as a bricklayer, while he got his s.... together. Now he earned himself a new chance at Aldershot. Good on him! 

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

Previously, I'd have been worried and certain that he'd go but we can be sure that DF and DC will make him the best offer we can manage:

Top paid player

Club captain

Pivotal point of the whole team

Promotion drive

Stay locally close to his family

Part of the Shanahan Future for Port Vale

So, does he want that or to sit on the bench at Charlton?

Good luck to the lad whatever he does but these days WE are going to compete to keep our best players.

I think any footballer's ear <ovf censored> up when they hear the words "we want to build a team around you". He won't be going anywhere soon.

19 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Some deserve to lose their jobs. I’m sad for the likes of pope, Monty, brown, brisley and Joyce who always gave their best but players like mckirdy have leached off the club for long enough. 

Some served us well particularly Brown and Joyce. Monty can play but has fitness issues. Pope a Vale legend.

I wish them well. I have a soft spot for Adam Crookes, the lad has ability.

Archived