onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

I know supporters are happy that the "deadwood" have been released and it is exciting for new blood to come in but whether you think they hit the required standard for the club or not, they are people effectively losing their jobs today and may I suggest some think on that sentiment.

Advert

Wow DC doesn't mess about I guess he is clearing everybody out the club bar Conlon Gibbons Smith and Worrall ,it seems like that to me we will see .

Pope Montano Brown and Joyce will be snapped up the rest it's going be tough for them but i hope they all find new employment .

Not a day for being happy decent fellas are being put out of work and maybe it's there own doing but i prefer to respect those players at this sad time for them and there families so i hope they rise again and do well elsewhere .

As for DC and DF a massive overhaul is well overdue just bring the right attitude ,workrate and desire into the club a desire not only for championship football a desire to do a Bournemouth (well until they got relegated that is )on low gates but big energy .

Brown was a clear fav based on Rob’s poll. He’s done well but like with Pope, the best they could ever play for Vale is in the past and we need better players.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I know supporters are happy that the "deadwood" have been released and it is exciting for new blood to come in but whether you think they hit the required standard for the club or not, they are people effectively losing their jobs today and may I suggest some think on that sentiment.

Some deserve to lose their jobs. I’m sad for the likes of pope, Monty, brown, brisley and Joyce who always gave their best but players like mckirdy have leached off the club for long enough. 

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

Brown was a clear fav based on Rob’s poll. He’s done well but like with Pope, the best they could ever play for Vale is in the past and we need better players.

I guess the logic with all the players, including Scott Brown, is that the manager obviously thinks he can bring in someone as good, hopefully better and in the older players' case, he also wants to reduce the age of the squad. That's all fair enough, he just has to deliver on that. I really hope he does as it could be an exciting squad next season!

43 minutes ago, Rocky said:

It comes with the territory of being a professional footballer.

I dare say many of them should've thought about the consequences of downing tools for a good three months this season. It should be an honour to put on the Port Vale shirt and quite frankly some of them took the piss and disrespected all of us with what happened over the winter. Good riddance. 

Just now, jjvale_03 said:

It comes with the territory of being a professional football.

I’d hate to be a professional football. Kicked from pillar to post and always ending up deflated. 

This is a massive rebuilding job. Looking at the numbers so far and depending on the EFL rules we need something like:

2 goalies

5 defenders

4 midfield players

2 forwards

And that's on the assumption that all 12 stay, which is very, very doubtful.

This is really going to be something.

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I appreciate where you're coming from.

Consider the embarrassment of that 4-0 drubbing at some tinpot shed in Nottinghamshire in January though, after losing the last 327 games in a row. This lot weren't interested in the slightest. Legge got himself sent off. It's taken millions of pounds and two managers coming in to stop the nailed on slide into oblivion, thanks to Saint Carol. This lot, who had their wages topped up during the pandemic out of her own pocket didn't care until the sergeant major came in and started screaming in some faces. Get them gone.

Until replacements are in and playing I’ll hold judgement on whether this is a good move or not

Could go either way - new team and winning ( hopefully) or new team and Bruno repeat
Brunos signings came from a dodgy agent and YouTube scouting. At least you can have faith that DC/DF have a system in place to find league quality players.

Archived