onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

I'd release a lot after witnessing a good 40 of the competitive over 50 they played here are my thoughts feel free disagree .

Brown keep has improved under DC .

Gibbons keep shame is season was blighted by injury .

Legge Keep yesterday showed how much he does as soon as he is rested the rest a shambles in my opinion .

Smith DC likes him so I will give him the benefit of the doubt personally do not feel we will ever be promoted with his limited ability ,yesterday and on many occasions this season poor to say the least .

Brisley keep Vale only improved when he came in at the back with Legge just need a ball playing centre half with them in the 3 .

Montano the only good performances came when he was selected and playing yesterday just showed how inept we are without him his positivity going forwards was a main reason why we stayed up Keep .

that's the goalkeeper and defence the back up players all released for me Fitzpatrick Mills Crookes .

I will do the others later as it's a lot to write .

Advert

For me the only way to rebuild this team properly is to release all the out of contract players including Legge and transfer list Robinson Whitehead and Burgess we might not get it right first season but it's the perfect time to start again.
There's a few in there that I will be sad to see go like Monty, Legge and Brown but we need a new Port Vale and we can't achieve that without a drastic change of personnel

Honestly I don't get the buzz about Montano. Yes, he has clear ability when: a) he turns up, b) he's not injured. 
People make it sound like he's a nonsuch. And yes, when he's all there, physically as well as mentally, he's a very good player at this level! But how often does that actually happen in reality? I get a feeling, that even though people says 'there's no room for sentiment!', peoples judgement on keep/release is judged as much on how nice a guy is off the pitch, as how he performs on the pitch. (And then there's Pope, but that's a whole other topic!). It's way way easier to say "release" about a guy, people haven't met and therefor can't relate to. Not saying they shouldn't be released, but it just makes it easier, when you've never met the guy and the player don't do anything to engage with the fans on ie. SoMe.
It's just a simple fact, that it's harder to judge a person unbiased if you like that person, or have a positive relation to that person.
To be honest, I'm just glad it's Clarke and the Fitz making the judgments, and not any of us on here 😅

We can’t keep changing lots of personnel, but having said that I’m not in favour of keeping dead wood. It will all revolve around finances and after the last two games, we’re miles off being fancied for automatic promotion. Monty is only 29, although injury prone, I think DC has read him his horoscope around discipline. If a club makes him a better offer which could be his last contract then I expect him to leave. I’ve just seen Pope in the co op at Northwood going through the reduced items bin, am I reading too much into this.?

It'll be an interesting couple of days that's for sure.

I think most of the out of contract players will be off to be honest.  Definitely anyone who's had poor fitness records with us.

There'll be a real out of the blue, never saw that coming, surprise as well I think.  Something LIKE Whitehead getting a two year extension.  

Trouble is we look at this as fans , where as DC and DF see things differently as cold blooded professionals. I would not be surprised  to see one or 2 odd retentions from our perspective eg Fitzpatrick gets a contract and Monty doesn’t. .  

Too many vale fans accepting mediocrity if they want any of this lot to be retained

We have finished in the top 6 in any division once in the last 25 odd years , that is a travesty

If we want to achieve promotion does anyone believe that any of the out of contract players will help us achieve it

Burgess , whitehead , Amoo and Robinson need clearing out too

Pope ( absolute legend ) but at 36 is he going to fire us to promotion 9 goals in his last 50 odd games and 3 of those were penalties

Far far too much sentiment being given

Let’s not just settle for mediocrity let’s trust DC to make the right decisions

1 hour ago, eh up nah said:

It'll be an interesting couple of days that's for sure.

I think most of the out of contract players will be off to be honest.  Definitely anyone who's had poor fitness records with us.

There'll be a real out of the blue, never saw that coming, surprise as well I think.  Something LIKE Whitehead getting a two year extension.  

Whitehead? Dunner say that, yewth - thayst spoiled me entire evenin'

10 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Nah, according to some on here Pope had one good season, back in 2012/13.

(incredible really that he managed to break various records for the club, by just having that one good season!)

Tell philmwhatever that

3 hours ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, dishydave said:
Yes they are but is he going take a pay cut to stay at Vale when he could earn as much as he's on now somewhere else for another year

If Pope's of the same mindset as you I think he's going to end up very disappointed. Do you really believe that with his performance levels, goal scoring and assist record, injury record, fitness level and idiocy on social media over the past 2 seasons he can demand parity with his current pay? He'd be well advised if he got any offer of a one or two year contract to take it before its withdrawn

You forgot being a fat barstward 

Whitehead release not settled in and had a very dodgy season with majority of games he as appeared in seeming to pass him by .

Joyce I like him however as the only defensive midfielder in the squad too much responsibility placed upon the lad and he ain't getting any younger ,Undecided 

Burgess I'd keep he is young and will only get better ,the legs and energy under Askey hasnt being reciprocated under Clarke but with a high intensity pre season could well be a asset moving forwards .

Taylor and Hurst are for the future are they ready well Jake was last season and with confidence and fitness surely a goalscoring midfielder who can get us 8 to 10 goals next season .

Hurst is not a bad player I like him but he needs to be going past his man yesterday coming inside too much .

Amoo i do not know what's happened to him maybe something personal not the same player this season compared to last Undecided .

Rodney top scorer but I'd be trying to sell him ,defo has something ,has all the tools at his disposal be a top player but I personally feel we do not see them enough and if we are to be in the mix we cannot have players not contributing for say 45 out of the 90 .

Worrall keep a terrific player .

Conlon keep. 

Robinson Cullen Guthrie and Pope I'd release theres just not enough goals in them unfortunately .

Popeys being a fantastic servant but there comes a time where you have  to put your feet up ,maybe he will maybe he will not but if I was him I would he is a Vale park legend .we will always be thankful for his contribution .

The other 3 I'd keep Swann over all of them .

UTV 

Taylor will get back form under Clarke I'm sure. You don't go from his performances against the likes of Swindon to kicking back with Whitehead carrying the water bottle caddy.

I don't get the concept that if we have two players in a position we should keep the better of the two even if they are both terrible. Just get rid of both.

Turning over 14 odd players in a summer is only a reckless amount of change if there's no infrastructure in place to hire according to a strategic plan. In the past we've just culled a load then signed a load with no in-depth insight or vision, but doing that when you have a plan is exciting! 

Archived