onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

It is not nice to tell a young man who has devoted his life to football that he is dead wood. Even if he hasn't performed as well as hoped. 
What planet do you live on?

Football is a notoriously ruthless world.

Much worse happens than this! Get a grip!

Advert

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

It is not truth though, it is an opinion. Maybe the training and support was not as good as it could have been. 

But it may well be truth. The player may have only played a handful of games. He may have struggled to make an impact when on the pitch. He may have been signed as a striker and not scored. He may have declared himself unfit when he could have started - some players have a very low pain threshold. He could have made too many stupid challenges and given goals away. All sorts of “truth” which may have led to a perfectly valid opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is not truth though, it is an opinion. Maybe the training and support was not as good as it could have been. 

I mean the mans come in and changed a team destined for relegation to a group with the form of a team fighting for promotion. All the rumours about the players during askey 3 wins in 25 all accounts to a lot of deadwood and players taking the piss. He is right to call them out for it now the season is done because what happened in that bad run was unacceptable. I feel like you are looking for any reason to not liking the guy unfortunately for you everyone else can see what a good job hes done since coming in. If A manager saying players attitudes and ability is not good enough for someone playing for the club upsets you that much dont listen to his interviews. Shows the world we live in now that someone calling a group of players dead wood is unacceptable to some 😂😂 need to get a grip and try getting behind the manager maybe

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I have no problems with releasing players that have not performed as well as we hoped for any reason. I just don't like them being labelled as dead wood. That is just a derogatory term.

Jesus christ mate literally he called them dead wood i think your gonna lose more sleep over his comment than the actual players. relax literally every manager makes comments like that if the players arent good enough 

There is no truth there is only human opinion. So if the players believe the support and training wasn't good enough is that the truth or just the players opinion

50 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I meant why say anything to the players he is releasing when he is face to face with them. I don't expect many of them will be interested in the slightest in what he has to say, they will be just looking for another job. Patronising remarks from a manager who is releasing them won't be of any help or comfort.

I'm sorry - I think this is a pathetic argument of yours! The time to say something is exactly when face-to-face, not after the ways have parted! And, if any of them think...hope...they've done enough to be retained, that feedback could just help them at their next club?

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I just hope that he is actually going to give any advice calmly without belittling the released players despite what he said in the post match interview.

He probably has much more important things to focus on than offending players we are releasing (due to their own performance). They haven’t been belittled. It was an awful performance and some of the squad have been a complete joke this season and they were rightly called out.

If the players being released have anything about them they should use his comments to motivate themselves to come back better. 

You're making yourself look silly here RampantZebra. In the real world, bosses can and need to be harsh when necessary. If everyone said that everyone was great, businesses would fail left, right and centre.

Some of these boys are very fortunate to be professional footballers. Most of us would love to have the talent to do it as a job. When they don't give their absolute all, they deserved to be told in my opinion.

They are all adults, who should be able to take criticism on board.

7 minutes ago, ValeCW said:

I am desperate for Legge to stay. I was confident he would be doing that. Now I have gone all scared.

I think he will stay. Clarke mentions a balance of ages, I think legge will get another year with us and be used more sparingly and not thrown under the bus by askey making him play every minute of every match 

Archived