onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why say it then in his interview? 

You're reading far more into it than he's actually said - and not for the first time! Get that you don't like him - but don't try to twist things to make him look bad!

Advert

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

Why say it then in his interview? 

You're assuming that "There will be one or two right good principled points made to one or two players that I will enjoy saying. Because for me, being a professional footballer is every single day, living your life right, doing all the things right" means he's going to tear strips out of them and then release them.

He might be saving their career by saying "you've got talent, but you need to work harder and your lifestyle needs to improve - then you'll have more of a chance of a successful career".

Sometimes the truth might hurts, but tough love could actually help some of these players.

12 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I may be wrong but I tend to think there were issues with some players which led to the demise of JA.Others hinted at it at the time.I don’t think DC suffers tawts gladly.

I think so, too...but, without the evidence to back it up, i wouldn't say so! 

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

But then he is admitting that he picked the wrong team. If he is judging the players overv46 games he should have known that the team he picked would struggle. 

Again, he wasn't blaming the fringe players he brought into the team - but he was perfectly demonstrating that the squad was unbalanced, and some didn't live the lifestyles of professional sportsmen.  Today's game meant nothing, really - but he was clearly gutted that players he trusted to put in a performance...didn't!! Pretty sure a left-footed wing back will be coming in!

9 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

You're assuming that "There will be one or two right good principled points made to one or two players that I will enjoy saying. Because for me, being a professional footballer is every single day, living your life right, doing all the things right" means he's going to tear strips out of them and then release them.

He might be saving their career by saying "you've got talent, but you need to work harder and your lifestyle needs to improve - then you'll have more of a chance of a successful career".

Sometimes the truth might hurts, but tough love could actually help some of these players.

Yes

25 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I may be wrong but I tend to think there were issues with some players which led to the demise of JA.Others hinted at it at the time.I don’t think DC suffers tawts gladly.

I did think back to Askey's comments when Clarke talked about the lack of fitness and poor attitudes. How the same players survived Askey's tenure or were signed under it is another matter.

13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If they are leaving, why say anything? They might play us in the future. 

I hope they do . 

Be rubbing my hands about Rodney tearing Mills or Fitzpatrick a new one or Whitehead puffing and panting as Conlon ghosts past him 

Very few if any of the rabble are likely to come back to haunt us 

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

"Go out and prove me wrong". Like when Stanley Matthews told Ray Kennedy that he'd never make it in the game as long as he had a hole in his arse.

But yes, I was thinking that if Clarke had said that how I'd love to come back with another club and prove him wrong.

Not sure any of this lot will do that. Particularly with Manny going to Scotland.

30 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Exactly this... great interview.

26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Because then you’d get upset at him for not explaining his decision. 

I meant why say anything to the players he is releasing when he is face to face with them. I don't expect many of them will be interested in the slightest in what he has to say, they will be just looking for another job. Patronising remarks from a manager who is releasing them won't be of any help or comfort.

Archived