onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

8 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I suspect that those 13 people have misunderstood the question! 🤔 😆

With Whitehead we don't know what it would cost to pay him off, or the squad size for next season, or his salary.  I suspect the answer to the first and last questions is quite a lot. I voted don't know. If he was out of contract I would release. 

He did nothing wrong in the last couple of games. He just never looks like he has the ability to spot and deliver a goal scoring pass .... which is a problem with an attacking midfield player.

Advert

2 hours ago, MBE said:

Tough decisions ahead for DC with players who have performed well for him like Bris and Joyce. I think Pope is an easy decision to be honest.Now is the time for a big refresh of the 1st eleven and squad players. Final thoughts the way I see it.

Release -:Dino Visser, Tom Scott, Adam Crookes, Zak Mills, Ryan Campbell-Gordon, David Fitzpatrick, Luke Joyce, Scott Brown, Dan Trickett-Smith, Tom Pope, Mark Cullen, Kurtis Guthrie, Harry McKirdy.

Renew -: Scott Brown,Cristian Montano ** both as squad players only on reduced terms.

That leaves us with -: James Gibbons, Nathan Smith,Leon Legge, Tom Conlon, Jake Taylor, Scott Burgess, Danny Whitehead, Alex Hurst, David Amoo, David Worrall, Devante Rodney, Theo Robinson.

I think we have to move on Danny Whitehead to address the balance in the squad in midfield.You could make a case for Robinson and Amoo to try and move too but I think both players are good squad players who would push for the 1st team. I would also try and find a loan for Alex Hurst.

Positions to recruit

GK - We need a genuine no.1

CB - To partner Smith in 4 or if Smith goes to RB to cover for Gibbo.

CB - Younger version of Bris to develop

LB - 1st eleven player.

DM - Joyce replacement. More physical and mobile player needed.

DM - Backup player to avoid pulling Conlon back to cover when 1st choice DM not available

AM- I think we are desperate for a ball carrier in the midfield who can play between the lines, drive at the defence and find a pass.

LM/LW - 1st team choice player

ST - 1st choice striker

ST - I would look for a young striker loan player. Swann would be perfect.I like the look of him when he's played. He has great movement and think he could score a lot goals.

That would leave us with a squad of 22 with flexibility to play several different formations. #Quality over quantity.

A very big summer indeed for DF and DC.

Releasing Scott Brown AND renewing Scott Brown - isn't that having your cake and eating it too?

3 hours ago, MBE said:

Tough decisions ahead for DC with players who have performed well for him like Bris and Joyce. I think Pope is an easy decision to be honest.Now is the time for a big refresh of the 1st eleven and squad players. Final thoughts the way I see it.

Release -:Dino Visser, Tom Scott, Adam Crookes, Zak Mills, Ryan Campbell-Gordon, David Fitzpatrick, Luke Joyce, Scott Brown, Dan Trickett-Smith, Tom Pope, Mark Cullen, Kurtis Guthrie, Harry McKirdy.

Renew -: Scott Brown,Cristian Montano ** both as squad players only on reduced terms.

That leaves us with -: James Gibbons, Nathan Smith,Leon Legge, Tom Conlon, Jake Taylor, Scott Burgess, Danny Whitehead, Alex Hurst, David Amoo, David Worrall, Devante Rodney, Theo Robinson.

I think we have to move on Danny Whitehead to address the balance in the squad in midfield.You could make a case for Robinson and Amoo to try and move too but I think both players are good squad players who would push for the 1st team. I would also try and find a loan for Alex Hurst.

Positions to recruit

LB - 1st eleven player.

DM - Backup player to avoid pulling Conlon back to cover when 1st choice DM not available

AM- I think we are desperate for a ball carrier in the midfield who can play between the lines, drive at the defence and find a pass.

ST - 1st choice striker

ST - I would look for a young striker loan player. Swann would be perfect.I like the look of him when he's played. He has great movement and think he could score a lot goals.

That would leave us with a squad of 22 with flexibility to play several different formations. #Quality over quantity.

A lot of sense in there, MBE. Did you miss out Shaun Brisley? Out of contract but has a good case to stay.

The key question I think DC will be asking himself is, Has this player got the qualities to get us out of this dungeon of a league? Imho, he will be looking beyond the unbeaten run and at the season as a whole, so there are going to be more than a few who won't make it despite their recently improved performance, whether or not they are under contract. 

The one really unwelcome and unexpected factor has been the recent news on Gibbo's long-term injury, meaning that DC is probably going to have to factor in a new first-choice fullback which, in turn, will limit his options elsewhere.

His comments after the game have really stuck with me. He's clearly determined to get us promoted and I don't think he is going to let sentiment get in the way one little bit. I think there will be a massive clear out in a week's time or so. 

It's good to see such single-minded resolve - so good luck to DF and DC as they plot the great escape.

4 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

A lot of sense in there, MBE. Did you miss out Shaun Brisley? Out of contract but has a good case to stay.

Good spot. I cut and paste the players from Sentinel news article - obviously not very well😀

I would release Bris which I think is probably the most diffcult decision to make given how well he has performed the past month. I would be very happy to just have Smith as RB to cover for Gibbo then Legge could slot in comfortably to back 4 or switch to a 3.

5 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

Releasing Scott Brown AND renewing Scott Brown - isn't that having your cake and eating it too?

I love cake!!!

23 hours ago, 1 said:

Whitehead getting some backing on Rob’s midfield feature. Wow.

It's like the general election - never trust the early votes, wait till the bulk of the votes have come in. 

Stoke fans have the Internet too! 😉

The current total is that 70% would be happy to reach an agreement on terminating the contract or transferring out.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I thought Mckirdy looked lively when he came on Saturday but he does seem like an individual,is he worth a contract,i dont really think so,i would sooner see a young team player come in if i am being honest

We’ve already wasted that hypothetical position on Hurst.

24 minutes ago, 1 said:

We’ve already wasted that hypothetical position on Hurst.

There will be more players like Hurst to come in,the club wants to try and nurture young players in the hope of selling them on in the future(like Rodney/Conlon),they want their own to come through but i cant see that happening for at least another season or so as they have been so poor hence the total reshuffle of the youth/academy staff

There will be more players like Hurst to come in,the club wants to try and nurture young players in the hope of selling them on in the future(like Rodney/Conlon),they want their own to come through but i cant see that happening for at least another season or so as they have been so poor hence the total reshuffle of the youth/academy staff

we need a reserve team!:board::drink:

No problem with age, just what I have seen we can do better. Obviously hopefully he will develop and get better, but it’s a risk. Hopefully a cheap risk. Maybe he’ll be good, but I was surprised.

On 03/05/2021 at 13:12, MBE said:

Positions to recruit

LB - 1st eleven player.

ST - 1st choice striker

Good point and illustrates the clear out needed, as I think we definitely need to recruit the positions you have mentioned. 

Big summer ahead and will be intriguing to compare the success rate of this recruitment progress to that of the previous set up. Big Dave Flitcroft talks a good game, now it’s now time for him to prove his worth. I’m quietly confident and think exciting times are ahead. UTV. 

Archived