onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Advert

Brown I think will Stay , however that Man City keeper needs to play a few games see if he’s got it at this level . Guthrie that should be a simple no but my god his last 2 appearances he played well , but I feel it’s a little to late. Joyce I’m unsure if there is anyone who available who is better , but that’s my lack of knowledge rather than Joyce being brilliant.

3 hours ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

I was amazed the commentators yesterday called Brisley ‘soft’ in his spell there.

No doubt Brialey has been a great defender in this unbeaten run. My concern is I don’t think he’s passed the ball in 6 games. It really is head it and lump it.

Its working. How many have we conceded recently? 

Brisley should stay based on every time he's had an extended run in the side he's been great. 

It might be tough with Legge but if there's a way to let him go end of the season it makes the most sense. We have no idea what kind of deal has been made there. 

I'd keep brown but yeah, try the new keeper for the last 4 games see if he should be kept on. 

Its harsh but I'd let Guthrie go. He's done well when he's played but I think we can do better. 

21 hours ago, philmpv said:

...but surely you can agree that creativity starts at the back, whether it's your keeper finding his own men, or the defence...

Creativity hasn't really been the problem! In the games leading to Askey being sacked,  we were awful, defensively. That has been addressed. The other problem being that we create chances - we have 2 of the top 3 or 4 for assists in the League - but don't put them away. neither of these would have been helped by getting rid of Brisley, who is certainly playing a part in our better defensive record. But, it wouldn't hurt to play 2...or 3...CBs with different attributes?

I can’t say for sure obviously but I’d bet that players that re-signed contracts such as Joyce, Monty, Cullen, Pope etc. will be on wages that can easily entice players who are younger and better. To people who have all the facts and stats to hand these decisions will be no-brainers and Darrell probably had a pencilled in idea of what he was going to do with the current squad after just a few weeks of seeing them. This run may have softened his stance on a few, but not many. In a way the closest player to a 50/50 split for fans has already been sorted in Manny. 

On 18/04/2021 at 21:35, Emile said:

Brisley should stay based on every time he's had an extended run in the side he's been great. 

It might be tough with Legge but if there's a way to let him go end of the season it makes the most sense. We have no idea what kind of deal has been made there. 

I'd keep brown but yeah, try the new keeper for the last 4 games see if he should be kept on. 

Its harsh but I'd let Guthrie go. He's done well when he's played but I think we can do better. 

He’s played badly in more games than he’s played well in. Quite frankly if we can’t do better then playoffs next season is a laughing dream.

On 17/04/2021 at 20:26, PV1973 said:

I think we will be in the market for a ball playing centre half. 

Stones was on the radar but then he fell out with Pope so it fell through.

14 hours ago, philmpv said:

Yeah, Pope doesn't rate him. On Pope's recommendation, 'Kayzee' was brought in as the man to solve our CB problems, closely followed by Rob Lainton emoji23.png

With that track record lets hope he never gets to be mange us

I question the need for a wholesale clear out of players during the summer as DC has this squad of players playing well, based on the last 8 games Vale would be top of the league. DC/DF have got to know these players and whatever system is used to assess players it's probably little better than the toss of a coin whether a new player is significantly better than someone let go although there are one or two of exceptions in the current squad.

I anticipate he'll bring in 5-6 new experienced players depending what the EFL do with the squad limit. 

Archived