onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Advert

With manny leaving and Hurst getting a new deal it certainly looks like we're getting our business and decision making done very early doors. I think it's safe to say that anyone who hasn't signed a new deal by the last game of the season won't be getting one

23 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

There will be a fair amount of wages freed up from Amoo, Cullen and now Manny have departed the club. I’d expect 3/4 good quality first team players to come into the club to add quality for a play off push. 

I thought Amoo was out of contract but he is contracted to the summer of 2022 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53247529

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

That's weird, so did I! He would have been one of the first to leave for me

He still possibly will. I’m sure there will be a few takers for him if we decide to release him. He’s another one who falls in the injured bracket and now with hurst signing on I wouldn’t be surprised to see Amoo being told he can leave. Let’s face it we know the back up players aren’t good enough so last thing we want is a bench full next season exactly the same as this. 

13 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

He would be a very expensive back up player mate. 

not at the end of his term, he may be grateful just for a job, but he would have to be much fitter.

Not feeling the Hurst deal... needs to improve a hell of a lot to be a regular 1st teamer.

Feels like a gamble to me given we don't know the size of the squad allowance for next season and he will count towards the over 21's.

I’m happy with Hurst re-signing. He’s only played 19 league games let’s not forget so it’s unfair to write him off. Sure he went off the boil his last few games, but in some of his earlier appearances he was one of our best players, and that was the first time he was playing in the league! 

I think you’ve also got to consider the circumstances he’s been playing under. He was playing in a team dreadfully low on confidence, on a run of 3 wins in 25. Most young players in that scenario aren’t going to set the world on fire, I’m sure it would help him more playing in a team that’s playing better football.

And like others have suggested, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan to the national league. He made the jump straight from national league north to league 2 so it might be part of our plan to get him some regular playing time at a higher level than before. 

At the end of the day, Clarke and Flitcroft have obviously liked what they’ve seen from him. He’s a good lad and always puts the effort in, and if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me.

Hurst was on my list of ones to keep so I'm pretty chuffed.

When most of our so called seasoned pros decided to down tools for a few months, he step up and was one of the only bright sparks. Young, hungry, versatile, good work ethic, great energy, pretty good delivery from out wide. I think Clarke will be able to mold him into a great player.

Archived