onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

On 23/03/2021 at 11:28, Moz said:

You say that, but many were happy to erase all of Askey's and the squad's good work based on the month of November...

I agree there's a lot wrong with the squad, but there's a decent core there. I'm not convinced we need wholesale changes. Remember, if we'd had a half decent finisher in the side, things could have been very different at Christmas.

Seven out, 4/5 in, I reckon.

I tend to agree. I just wish we had another midfielder or two like Manny without the injuries and of course just two decent strikers. Get those 4 signings right and that’s better than signing 8-11 new players for the sake of it. 

Advert

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:
3 hours ago, werstayinup said:
I do think they will offer Pope something 

I hope so too, however I imagine he's one of the top earners. Unless he's willing to take a hit in the wage department, at his age it might not make economic sense to offer him anything.

I'd certainly offer Tom a deal, albeit on reduced terms, it's then up to him, he may have offers elsewhere. Tom Pope needs to be at Vale imo. There'll always be a goal in him at this level.

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I do think they will offer Pope something 

I think he's got another year in him but whys he different to Manny, Monty or Amoo 

Had a few injuries last few seasons and in the last 2 seasons has only played half the games 

I understand his injury is an accident rather than perpetual muscle injury the others have but the fact remains he's missed a lot of games 

We've really missed him but I think he could go based on the soundbytes from DC and DF 

34 minutes ago, dishydave said:

We all love tom but the reality is hes played 750 minutes or 8.5 games so far this season so with his high wages it probably works out about 12k a game. These are the sort of things Flitcroft will be looking at

Injury and stupidity have reduced Pope’s season.Your maths are accurate dd.Would we sign a 36 from another club with his record this season ?Whether he is a Vale fan or not is irrelevant.So I am but would expect a lot younger players coming into the club.Nothing less than a hat trick in his next match will alter my opinion.I actually think the shadow of Pope has held players back.Robbo /Cullen /Guthrie/Dave have a bad game/run.”Tom would have scored there””We need Tom back to hold the ball up and lay it off to his partner up front”We need Tom’s flick ons ,we just need greyhounds to get on the end of them”Tom hasn’t missed a sitter in his career like Guthrie did”’ Tom misses from 6 yards,unlucky Tom ,difficult chance””Tom needs a better service”.Time to move on,2 young strikers sharing Pope’s wages gets a big YES from me.

Injury and stupidity have reduced Pope’s season.Your maths are accurate dd.Would we sign a 36 from another club with his record this season ?Whether he is a Vale fan or not is irrelevant.So I am but would expect a lot younger players coming into the club.Nothing less than a hat trick in his next match will alter my opinion.I actually think the shadow of Pope has held players back.Robbo /Cullen /Guthrie/Dave have a bad game/run.”Tom would have scored there””We need Tom back to hold the ball up and lay it off to his partner up front”We need Tom’s flick ons ,we just need greyhounds to get on the end of them”Tom hasn’t missed a sitter in his career like Guthrie did”’ Tom misses from 6 yards,unlucky Tom ,difficult chance””Tom needs a better service”.Time to move on,2 young strikers sharing Pope’s wages gets a big YES from me.
Most accurate post of the season. I would only add that, even if he does leave, we will still be subjected to 'Pope would have buried that/He's not a patch on Pope' for the next 4-5 seasons

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

I suppose ultimately we may have to sell a few players on. I just hope when we are in a position to sell on firstly we get a decent price secondly and most importantly we have a replacement lined up and ready to go.

I am more than confident on this being the case under Carol

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

I suppose ultimately we may have to sell a few players on. I just hope when we are in a position to sell on firstly we get a decent price secondly and most importantly we have a replacement lined up and ready to go.

Don`t forget the Sell-on clause

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
On 27/03/2021 at 11:18, Howjy04 said:

Most accurate post of the season. I would only add that, even if he does leave, we will still be subjected to 'Pope would have buried that/He's not a patch on Pope' for the next 4-5 seasons

It is a well known fact that he finishes every cross in the games he doesn’t play😉

Archived