onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water though...

Very true. I actually thought we did the right thing this season with our stability approach. It seems I and many others were totally wrong. Even so, going to the extreme and kicking everyone out guarantees little 

Advert

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Retain 

Brown as back up , kill two birds with one stone and use as GK coach. Sadly for him that means Ronnie Sinclair released. 

Gibbons, Smith 

Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney

Struggling beyond those. No sentiment in football and I hope that Flitcroft and Clarke are ruthless and rightly so. 

Obviously we all differ in opinions and rightly so. 

Seems to me that suddenly Crookes stock has increased amongst fans after a half decent game against Stevenage. I'm very callous but he's nowhere near good enough and prior to Orient I don't think anyone would of kept him. Those two games don't gloss over what he's shown previously. 

Absolutely huge summer and a sad farewell to some big favourites like Pope, Legge and Montano. 

How is Legge a fan favourite?

Id literally keep Brisley as back up to a new decent CB rather than him.

1 hour ago, WV said:

That will put the power back in clubs hands again and surely drive the wages down? 

Or maybe just drive up the wages of guaranteed starting eleven players as it's it's harder to have a squad of adaptable players. You'll need a striker that can do well against any team rather than having a couple who you rotate.

The National League will be strengthened with cheap League One and Two cast offs though

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Pope leaving on his terms? He had a big contract off Aspin and has been poor ever since. When they look back Pope will rightly be seen as a legend but one who played in three of the worst vale teams in history. 

It is true he had the great goal at Man City and was very solid during our play off push, but his ban and periods of goal drought at times, has left me convinced he is a man of the past this season. 

He needs to go. Has done little this season. 

No room for him or anyone who can’t play every game minus the odd knock / suspension, especially with squad restrictions going forward. Anyone with an injury history shouldn’t be signed / re-signed and I don’t think they will be.

39 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water though...

I genuinely think that not one player would come back to bite us significantly if we released the entire squad. Maybe Rodney, MAYBE, but anyone else would just drift around and sink into non-league.

3 minutes ago, 1 said:

No room for him or anyone who can’t play every game minus the odd knock / suspension, especially with squad restrictions going forward. Anyone with an injury history shouldn’t be signed / re-signed and I don’t think they will be.

A footballer who is given a ten game ban and then breaks his arm in a freak accident isn't someone with an injury history. Particularly when they have a decade of 40+ games a season behind them

Scott Brown - OFFER NEW CONTRACT
James Gibbons - UNDER CONTRACT
Adam Crookes - RELEASE
Luke Joyce - RELEASE
Leon Legge - RELEASE
Nathan Smith - UNDER CONTRACT
David Worrall - UNDER CONTRACT
Manny Oyeleke - RELEASE
Tom Pope - OFFER NEW CONTRACT
Tom Conlon - UNDER CONTRACT
Cristian Montaño - OFFER NEW CONTRACT
Theo Robinson - UNDER CONTRACT - RELEASE.
Mark Cullen - RELEASE
Kurtis Guthrie - RELEASE
Zak Mills - RELEASE
Shaun Brisley - RELEASE
Jake Taylor - UNDER CONTRACT
Danny Whitehead - UNDER CONTRACT - RELEASE
David Amoo - UNDER CONTRACT
Scott Burgess - UNDER CONTRACT
Devante Rodney - UNDER CONTRACT
Harry McKirdy - RELEASE
Ryan Campbell-Gordon - UNKNOWN
David Fitzpatrick - RELEASE
Daniel Trickett-Smith - RELEASE
Alex Hurst - OFFER NEW CONTRACT
Dino Visser - RELEASE
Tom Scott - UNKNOWN

21 minutes ago, Wrex said:

A footballer who is given a ten game ban and then breaks his arm in a freak accident isn't someone with an injury history. Particularly when they have a decade of 40+ games a season behind them

I didn’t mean he’s injury prone. He’s just past it. Others we should get rid of are injury prone. Two separate categories.

Will be interesting to see if Brown gets a new contract. 1 year as first team if it’s not too expensive. I know I put have him on the bench potentially in my break down, but that’s a waste of money if he’s not starting. The only one for me in any doubt. I’ll be scratching my head if we offer new contracts to any others who aren’t already under contract apart from Montano.

Scott Brown - Offer 1 Year
Tom Pope - Difficult one. He'd be 36 a few games in, but is one of the best in L1/L2 at hold up play and heading. If Clarke is minded to set up for floating crosses to a target man, offer 1 year as an impact sub
Cristian Montaño - Risky injury record, not as bad as some but not great. Offer 1-2 Years
Alex Hurst - Offer 2 Years, ship him out on a long loan for some non league hoofing, getting battered and refining his crossing under pressure from the fullback. 
Dino Visser - I'd like to see us sign a youth goalkeeper, send them out on loan for 46 games, and if Visser is fit again after the training injury, Offer 1 Year

Adam Crookes - Release
Luke Joyce - Release
Leon Legge - Release
Manny Oyeleke - Massive shame, but release. Averages 15 league appearances a season, madness. 
Mark Cullen - Release
Kurtis Guthrie - Release
Zak Mills - Release
Shaun Brisley - Release
David Fitzpatrick - Release
Daniel Trickett-Smith - Release
Harry McKirdy - Release

Theo Robinson - Mutual termination 
Danny Whitehead - Mutual termination
David Amoo - Too injury prone, too inconsistent. Mutual termination

Ryan Campbell-Gordon - Impossible to say 
Tom Scott - ""

Might be different in 6 months but at this moment in time he isn't good enough to be a regular LW starter for a  promotion charge. That isn't a criticism, he's made 14 league appearances, he's brand new. He's very energetic, capable of beating the full back but his crossing is below par. Unless he reaches Amoo's level by August, persevering instead of signing an experienced winger would cost goals and points. 

Good afternoon fellow Valiants,

One hope's you are doing well on what is a glorious afternoon here in the Pottery capital of the world. Spring really is in the air today isn't it friends?

Here are the Valiants that one would like to see stay at the Wembley Of The North in our quest to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem:

Mr Worrall.

Mr Conlon.

If Mrs Shanahan, Mr Clarke and Mr Flitcroft are serious about bringing glory back to the streets of Burslem, they should seriously consider taking every player into an office, regardless of their contract situation, and say "YOU'RE FIRED!"

All the very best,

Jeff.

Archived