onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

I can’t see what the squad limits are going to achieve. There will come a time that unless you’re very good you could be out of football at 26. Nobody will want you. That will make going into the game more of a gamble or lead to part-time football/lower wages for players

Advert

25 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think with the ridiculous squad limits there will be a lot of footballers who have to rethink their careers. 

I think most of those players will be over the age of 30.As it stands there are too many of that age at the Vale.

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'd imagine that many teams will be looking at having their back up keeper as one of the U21s. There are going to be so many players without clubs this summer.

That will put the power back in clubs hands again and surely drive the wages down? 

Retain 

Brown as back up , kill two birds with one stone and use as GK coach. Sadly for him that means Ronnie Sinclair released. 

Gibbons, Smith 

Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney

Struggling beyond those. No sentiment in football and I hope that Flitcroft and Clarke are ruthless and rightly so. 

Obviously we all differ in opinions and rightly so. 

Seems to me that suddenly Crookes stock has increased amongst fans after a half decent game against Stevenage. I'm very callous but he's nowhere near good enough and prior to Orient I don't think anyone would of kept him. Those two games don't gloss over what he's shown previously. 

Absolutely huge summer and a sad farewell to some big favourites like Pope, Legge and Montano. 

Ps Forgot Worrall. 

37 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Retain 

Brown as back up , kill two birds with one stone and use as GK coach. Sadly for him that means Ronnie Sinclair released. 

Gibbons, Smith 

Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney

Struggling beyond those. No sentiment in football and I hope that Flitcroft and Clarke are ruthless and rightly so. 

Obviously we all differ in opinions and rightly so. 

Seems to me that suddenly Crookes stock has increased amongst fans after a half decent game against Stevenage. I'm very callous but he's nowhere near good enough and prior to Orient I don't think anyone would of kept him. Those two games don't gloss over what he's shown previously. 

Absolutely huge summer and a sad farewell to some big favourites like Pope, Legge and Montano. 

What about Wozza? 

14 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Brown , Monty , Smith, Gibbons, conlon,Burgess, Taylor, Worrall, Amoo,Hurst,Pope and Rodney

While Pope is nearing the end of his playing career he can still get a goal when played right and deserves to end the season on his terms.

I'd like to hope young players like Bailey may get a professional contract also.

Next summer is huge but we need to end this nightmare of a season first before anything. We'll also need a break away from the torture and pain of seeing Mills and Whitehead playing. I'm sure they're  nice lads but I refuse to believe they are league 2 footballers. Absolutely dreadful 

Pope leaving on his terms? He had a big contract off Aspin and has been poor ever since. When they look back Pope will rightly be seen as a legend but one who played in three of the worst vale teams in history. 

It is true he had the great goal at Man City and was very solid during our play off push, but his ban and periods of goal drought at times, has left me convinced he is a man of the past this season. 

He needs to go. Has done little this season. 

Archived