League 2 Relegation fight

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Southend beat Crawley who are ideal opponents at the moment then Colchester are in deep, especially playing Southend in a couple of weeks time.

Colchester host Walsall before the Southend tie but then have a tough run in the last three games.

Southend lose today against a poor form Crawley side then you’d feel probably they haven’t enough to capitalise on Colchester.

As for Vale although tiny chance of the drop we could mathematically be safe as early as today.

If we beat Morecambe and Southend fail to win coupled with Grimsby being defeated at Bradford then we would be officially safe.

No need for us to worry at all now. The fact Colchester play Southend means it even less likely. 

Remarkably William Hill have us at 150/1 to go down. It would need everything possible to go wrong. To me it should be 2500/1 easily. 

It's just not in the equation we are as safe as houses now. 

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have 90 shots on goal and they could be down to 8 men and Alan Buckley would trip over his laces and head the ball into the goal from 30 yards and we’d lose 1-0 .......may have something to d

I did mate, I also described Bolton as horrific.  What I'm saying is since we beat Southend we have 2 points and they have 7 albeit from one more game. You only have to look at Fulham. Newca

Grimsby still have to play Tranmere, Salford, Cheltenham, Bradford, Bolton, Exeter and Cambridge AND still have to make 10 points up on us Barrow still have to play Cheltenham, Newport, Exeter tw

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

No need for us to worry at all now. The fact Colchester play Southend means it even less likely. 

Remarkably William Hill have us at 150/1 to go down. It would need everything possible to go wrong. To me it should be 2500/1 easily. 

I noticed the 150/1.....

Hardly generous is it!!?

Colchester just 11/4 for the drop after last nites 5-2 thumping & I hope Southend survive...

With goal difference Southend need to win 5 of 6 and Colchester to catch us need 3 wins and draw from 5 as they play each other’s points will be dropped there.

Grimsby need what 5 wins and 2 draws from 7

That’s assuming we’d lose every game so poor odds although there is always the Vale fan in me that will stress until it’s impossible!

29 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

With goal difference Southend need to win 5 of 6 and Colchester to catch us need 3 wins and draw from 5 as they play each other’s points will be dropped there.

Grimsby need what 5 wins and 2 draws from 7

That’s assuming we’d lose every game so poor odds although there is always the Vale fan in me that will stress until it’s impossible!

Only natural when it's your team I've been exactly the same. 

We're even 4 ahead of Mansfield with a game in hand too. 

I'd say 2 from 3. Grimsby remarkably unbeaten in 7 but 1-6-0 won't keep them up.

Depending on today's Southend result Colchester v Southend could be humongous in 2 games time .

I'll stick with Southend and Grimsby as others have points on the board.

Walsall and Colchester will be glad to crawl over the line 

Advert:

2 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

We have more chance sneaking in the play offs than getting Relegated. 

Even though imo we have no chance of that i had 2 quid on us at 500/1 a couple of weeks ago,just a shame Bolton didn't beat Newport last week

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Even though imo we have no chance of that i had 2 quid on us at 500/1 a couple of weeks ago,just a shame Bolton didn't beat Newport last week

Should have put it on Potters Corner for this afternoon.

Edited by jimbo57

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

I suppose we are now hoping for Barrow etc to take points off the teams above us now. Funny old season

Needs must.

• Like 1

Advert: