League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Why are we trying to start a rivalry with Walsall? I literally have no feeling towards Walsall or their fans.

Yes, I get their might be some sort of historic rivalry but this Clarke stuff is a bit childish on both sides. 

They were happy to see him leave and hopefully we will be happy benefactors. That’s it. 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southend don’t score goals, although we seem a rare case of a side that’s actually really took them apart since November time.

Grimsby winning is a slight worry and they host Walsall next... draw there wouldn’t be the end of the world but on the flip side Grimsby’s last ten games sees them face 6 of the Top 9, Walsall and us at Home and away trips to Bradford and Oldham.

Colchester losing the lead is good, 1 win in 21 so hopefully them and Walsall drop further and we push on.

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

I'll save gloating until when we mathematically can't go down. 

The fact that some fans are gloating about potentially finishing above Walsall and staying up in League Two says it all about this season and this club at the minute.

Just now, SuperHuman said:

The fact that some fans are gloating about potentially finishing above Walsall and staying up in League Two says it all about this season and this club at the minute.

Not where we are, where we’ve been led. Now we’re being taken back in the right direction.

Just now, 1 said:

Not where we are, where we’ve been led. Now we’re being taken back in the right direction.

It was doom and gloom on here two games ago, let’s not get carried away. 

However, I do fully expect and hope us to finish the season in a positive manner now.

8 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Why are we trying to start a rivalry with Walsall? I literally have no feeling towards Walsall or their fans.

Yes, I get their might be some sort of historic rivalry but this Clarke stuff is a bit childish on both sides. 

They were happy to see him leave and hopefully we will be happy benefactors. That’s it. 

Don’t know how old you are, but why are we trying to start a rivalry with Walsall?

weve always hated Walsall as the old chant went, we hate Walsall more than Stoke.

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

It was doom and gloom on here two games ago, let’s not get carried away. 

However, I do fully expect and hope us to finish the season in a positive manner now.

I agree lets not get carried away🎉:drink:🙌.

Can't wait to piss the league next year.

"We all hate Stoke and Stoke and Stoke,

Stoke and Stoke and Stoke and Stoke"

AND WALSALL"

Thought this was the way it went back in the day? (The and Walsall  was a response by the faithful to the Stoke chant, which then got cheered)

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

1 + 1 = .....

A historic rivalry which is exactly that, historic. Hence we are starting to create or recreate a rivalry. Walsall have meant nothing to Vale (and vice versa) for how many years? I might be showing my age and being naive so please forgive me. 

I don’t know one Walsall fan, it’s basically on the verge of Birmingham. I can’t remember ever having a conversation with any Vale fan about a dislike of Walsall.

Only Stoke will ever be our rivals, to me. We share the same City. 

Archived